WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Do you know a guy that has their CCW?

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
653663A3-76F1-4159-8ED9-B75C6CD8D263.jpeg
Wifey carries daily She has a holster but I bought her a purse with a holster in it :) i need to get my CCW but I just carry fuck it .

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I like the pie plate test. At 7 yards can you draw and get 2 hits on the pie plate in 3 seconds. If not rethink your carry. That's why I carry a 1911. I can do that with easy in 45 acp and 10 mm.

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
I like the pie plate test. At 7 yards can you draw and get 2 hits on the pie plate in 3 seconds. If not rethink your carry. That's why I carry a 1911. I can do that with easy in 45 acp and 10 mm.
wifey has a friend x chip helping her but she’s a great shot I would not stand in front of her with a gun or bow

LowRiver2

Reaction score
My ex has an OC. CCW
She carries a G26

Precisely why I carry a G21 or Springfield LB Operator

Waiting on my STI LAPD D team edition
21 rounds never sounded so good
Lack of a gut gives you options

King295

Reaction score
I really like the XD-S 3.3'' 9mm but its not on the roster. Good to have family out of state.

Tank

Reaction score
I'd look strongly at a Sig P365 SAS. It'll be my next gun 100%.

DR-OSG-VIDEO-091719-640.jpg

sig-sauer-p365-micro-compact-pistol-365-9-sas-c.jpg

untitled.png

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I would if I could. Crazy prices for second-hand pistols in CA. Double retail doesn't fly with me.
I still remember people getting$1k for 4th-Gen G19s in CA...it’s crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I still remember people getting$1k for 4th-Gen G19s in CA...it’s crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yes, it is. The only reason I got my Gen 4 G17 MOS at a decent price was because my buddy got tired of his... same reason I may pull the 43 off of him. Guy loves getting the latest and greatest.

Tank

Reaction score
Yes, it is. The only reason I got my Gen 4 G17 MOS at a decent price was because my buddy got tired of his... same reason I may pull the 43 off of him. Guy loves getting the latest and greatest.
I'm not a Glock fan but my daughter carries the 43. What a cool little shooter.

zx14

Reaction score
FD2B3F23-D2FF-4654-97B7-CC2D56D1BBA1.jpeg
Nobody carries revolvers?
I've tried the semi autos and too heavy and bulky
I like the simplicity
Charter Arms 357 Pug
My buddy has a Ruger LCR and I'm looking at that now. Super light. 6 oz less than my Pug
I do, depends if I’m wearing shorts or not.

Tank

Reaction score
What's your preferred carry gun Tank?
I actually carry a few different weapons depending on what I'm doing. I've been looking for a very compact all around weapon to easily carry for a while. Not too small of a caliber but not too big of a frame, holds plenty of rounds, easily concealable, etc. I am a Sig fan. I'll be getting the P365SAS and most likely just carry that concealed everywhere as it seems to check all the boxes. I carry a Sig 226 basically everyday and absolutely love that gun. Only failure I've ever had with it (after thousands and thousands of rounds was a stove pipe due to limp wristing while practicing offhand shooting with a flashlight). I will carry my 226 around town but its kinda big to conceal. I carry a Berretta 40 cal Storm PX4 subcompact (only "plastic gun" I own) quite a bit. I'll take my Berretta 92 FM S (single stack shortened barrel 92f) every once in a while. If I'm wearing board shorts or something I'll throw my Budischosky 25 ACP in my back pocket. When I'm teaching I carry a Sig 1911 STX ;):D Every great once in a while, I'll carry either a S&W or Ruger .38 snub.

I'm all over the place on what I carry. LOL. Really like the SAS, hoping it's a nice easy carry.

Regarding Glocks, I know people either love or hate them. I just don't like the way they "feel" in my hand. They feel bulky to me, even the smaller ones. My Bro-in-law (gun nut) loooooooves him some glock and we always go back and forth Sig Vs. Glock in a friendly rousing of each other. But I shot his little compact .45 Glock (forget the #) and was surprised how really nicely it shot, not a whole lot of recoil snap (esp. for a .45) and my grouping was pretty tight with it. I find the PX4 40 cal storm I have to actually be more snappy and harder recoil for whatever reason. And like I said, I really like my daughters Glock 43. Smooth shooting, feels good in the hand, comfy, etc. Very nice gun. By far my favorite Glock I've ever shot. I'd own one all day but there's a couple ahead of buying one....SAS and a KelTech KSG first ;):D

Last edited:

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I actually carry a few different weapons depending on what I'm doing. I've been looking for a very compact all around weapon to easily carry for a while. Not too small of a caliber but not too big of a frame, holds plenty of rounds, easily concealable, etc. I am a Sig fan. I'll be getting the P365SAS and most likely just carry that concealed everywhere as it seems to check all the boxes. I carry a Sig 226 basically everyday and absolutely love that gun. Only failure I've ever had with it (after thousands and thousands of rounds was a stove pipe due to limp wristing while practicing offhand shooting with a flashlight). I will carry my 226 around town but its kinda big to conceal. I carry a Berretta 40 cal Storm PX4 subcompact (only "plastic gun" I own) quite a bit. I'll take my Berretta 92 FM S (single stack shortened barrel 92f) every once in a while. If I'm wearing board shorts or something I'll throw my Budischosky 25 ACP in my back pocket. When I'm teaching I carry a Sig 1911 STX ;):D Every great once in a while, I'll carry either a S&W or Ruger .38 snub.

I'm all over the place on what I carry. LOL. Really like the SAS, hoping it's a nice easy carry.

Regarding Glocks, I know people either love or hate them. I just don't like the way they "feel" in my hand. They feel bulky to me, even the smaller ones. My Bro-in-law (gun nut) loooooooves him some glock and we always go back and forth Sig Vs. Glock in a friendly rousing of each other. But I shot his little compact .45 Glock (forget the #) and was surprised how really nicely it shot, not a whole lot of recoil snap (esp. for a .45) and my grouping was pretty tight with it. I find the PX4 40 cal storm I have to actually be more snappy and harder recoil for whatever reason. And like I said, I really like my daughters Glock 43. Smooth shooting, feels good in the hand, comfy, etc. Very nice gun. By far my favorite Glock I've ever shot. I'd own one all day but there's a couple ahead of buying one....SAS and a KelTech KSG first ;):D
I think I have gun envy....

Ladsm

Reaction score
AH! I missed the part of you in Ca.

yes, that part sucks balls to try and get anything that's a decent conceal gun!
Gotta love having a house in AZ.
bigdeez1.JPG
bigdeez2.JPG

Ladsm

Reaction score
Oh looky what just went on sale, I need one!!
bigdeez3.JPG

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
I would if I could. Crazy prices for second-hand pistols in CA. Double retail doesn't fly with me.
I think the roster is complete bullshit and hope it will be determined unconstitutional someday
I kept my off roster second hand sales at reasonable prices considering the extra stuff I included with the sales and what I paid originally. Plus a few of the pistols I sold were 15 and 20 years old.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Paperwork on the 43 tomorrow! What holsters are you guys using? I like the function of the Incog and Alien Gear cloak 3.5 so far. Probably going for IWB hip at 3/4:00 over appendix.

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
I like Glocks ( the 19 G5 actually) and owned both the 43 and 42 when they came out. They were ok for sub compacts, but when I won a S&W Shield things changed. At first, the trigger sucked so I lent it to a friend who put a few hundred rounds through it. Got it back and it is a different pistol! I dumped the 42 and 43 and now just carry the Shield and the 19.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I like Glocks ( the 19 G5 actually) and owned both the 43 and 42 when they came out. They were ok for sub compacts, but when I won a S&W Shield things changed. At first, the trigger sucked so I lent it to a friend who put a few hundred rounds through it. Got it back and it is a different pistol! I dumped the 42 and 43 and now just carry the Shield and the 19.
I don’t mind the shield, but the CA version has an external safety which is a no go for me. I’m sure I could train around it, but I’d rather keep everything the same.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score

So ya gonna carry that KSG? Trench coat or Parka?:eek::D

Old Texan

Reaction score
I don’t mind the shield, but the CA version has an external safety which is a no go for me. I’m sure I could train around it, but I’d rather keep everything the same.
I understand the no external safety deal. But I never understood how it is seen as a hinderance. Every pistol I own has an external thumb safety and it's second nature to flick it off and on to me. When my hand hits the grip, thumb it off, bing, bang, boom:D

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I understand the no external safety deal. But I never understood how it is seen as a hinderance. Every pistol I own has an external thumb safety and it's second nature to flick it off and on to me. When my hand hits the grip, thumb it off, bing, bang, boom:D
You stated why it works for you, "every pistol you own has an external safety." I want to keep everything consistent when I train. Different grip angles between manufacturers result in different sight pictures upon presentation, and having some pistols with safeties and some without would kind of mess with muscle memory. Not like it's a huge deal, but I like to give myself every advantage I can.

Old Texan

Reaction score
You stated why it works for you, "every pistol you own has an external safety." I want to keep everything consistent when I train. Different grip angles between manufacturers result in different sight pictures upon presentation, and having some pistols with safeties and some without would kind of mess with muscle memory. Not like it's a huge deal, but I like to give myself every advantage I can.
Understood. I like to shoot a variety of weapons and develop the general skills to pick anything and be proficient....

Like Quigley said

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Picked up the 43 today, and hope to get to the range this weekend. Thanks for the insight guys.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Paperwork on the 43 tomorrow! What holsters are you guys using? I like the function of the Incog and Alien Gear cloak 3.5 so far. Probably going for IWB hip at 3/4:00 over appendix.
Check out Concealment express holster s. I really like them for IWB CCW.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Went with the G code Icog for now. So far so good but I’m sure I’ll try a few before I settle on an EDC.

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
those of you in AZ, come see me at Southwest Firearms on Mesquite and McColluch in Havasu..I'll take care of you .