WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Do you think CALIFORNIA will split into multiple states?

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
Any chance this happens? What are your thoughts. I read it will be on the ballot this year.
IMG_1890.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hallett21

Reaction score
No lol.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
It’ll happen as soon as they put a wall and a moat around Northern California

grumpy88

Reaction score
Does it matter ? San Francisco wants poor illegals and silicone valley to pay for it all . And Los angeles has a open border policy and wealthy actors and athletes to pay for it . Regular people like me would lose either way .

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Never.
Certainly not as diagramed.
The State of Jefferson has been proposed since pre WWII (north of Sac, around Williams up to the Oregon border).
If not for the war, it might have actually came to be.
That area is pretty solid republican, and it’s political climate is night and day compared to Sac or anywhere south of Sac.
Having said that, any interference with the money grab as it stands now will never happen.
There is no way that the CA political machine will ever allow any separation within the cash flow.
I’m not sure how it all works, but I’m pretty sure that it requires federal approval and that also would never happen.
My opinion of course.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I don't think it will ever happen. I cannot imagine the Federal Government allowing airbases and national parks to be separated.

DLC

Reaction score
Hell no !! give up all the control they have now, were all a bunch of caged kittens paying high water, electric. Fuel tax, property tax, auto registration tax, Medical insurance permimuns, sales tax etc etc etc the list is way to long

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
Is Long Beach LA or Orange County?
I feel like the left underestimates the value of California’s farm industry also. Be interesting to see how things could change with different styles of management.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Congress won’t allow it. Why would the DNC to give up that many electoral votes to the state of Jefferson

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
I wish it would happen. I could see 5 or more states based on population but the $$$$ and politics will never let it happen.

4Waters

Reaction score
Why so we can have 3 screwed up states, I would only vote for it (but I won't) if Los Angeles was not lumped in with where I live.

If the deficit wasn't going to be divided between the 3 California's and ALL of the current state deficit went to northern California then I would definitely vote for it.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Yea that's a great area. I deer hunt B zone west of there in Yolla Bolly wilderness.

A lot of peeps don’t like the Redding area, but I found it to be awesome.
Shasta, whiskeytown, and other lakes.
Central to all kinds of outdoor activities. A beautiful day drive through unbelievable scenery to the coast, east takes you through Lassen to Reno, etc.

I go on about getting out of CA, but I could manage to endure it with a nice place up there again.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I feel like the left underestimates the value of California’s farm industry also. Be interesting to see how things could change with different styles of management.

The LBC is LA County.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HB2Havasu

Reaction score

It needs to happen, therefore it won’t, lol

Rjt01

Reaction score

La bro

Cdog

Reaction score
Cool if it did. SoCal would probably go red instead of blue balz. With AZ gun laws SoCal would be the paradise the founding fathers invisioned.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
Central to all kinds of outdoor activities. A beautiful day drive through unbelievable scenery to the coast, east takes you through Lassen to Reno, etc.

I go on about getting out of CA, but I could manage to endure it with a nice place up there again.

Well said my man. I grew up in East San Jose, moved to Placer Co in 1990 and still love it. The quality of life, quality of people, quality of weather and geography is awesome. I could do without political BS and some other stuff, but it's small cost that only effects about 1% of my mindset.
When I hear my local friends or neighbors complain, I always say "if you've lived in Bay Area or LA you'd have appreciation". When I hear or think something badly of California or United States, I remind myself or tell others to "step over the border into Tijuana and see how alot of others live and we'll have a whole new appreciation for home and life".

"It may not be the best, but it sure is good." Hud

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
Pipe dream. The bullet train will unite this fractured state.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Never.
Certainly not as diagramed.
The State of Jefferson has been proposed since pre WWII (north of Sac, around Williams up to the Oregon border).
If not for the war, it might have actually came to be.
That area is pretty solid republican, and it’s political climate is night and day compared to Sac or anywhere south of Sac.
Having said that, any interference with the money grab as it stands now will never happen.
There is no way that the CA political machine will ever allow any separation within the cash flow.
I’m not sure how it all works, but I’m pretty sure that it requires federal approval and that also would never happen.
My opinion of course.

State hood requires the approval of Congress. I don't know if you'd ever get a super majority of both houses to sign a bill bifurcating one of the largest states in the union.

Let alone getting a state to vote for it first.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
State hood requires the approval of Congress. I don't know if you'd ever get a super majority of both houses to sign a bill bifurcating one of the largest states in the union.

Let alone getting a state to vote for it first.

Agreed.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Well said my man. I grew up in East San Jose, moved to Placer Co in 1990 and still love it. The quality of life, quality of people, quality of weather and geography is awesome. I could do without political BS and some other stuff, but it's small cost that only effects about 1% of my mindset.
When I hear my local friends or neighbors complain, I always say "if you've lived in Bay Area or LA you'd have appreciation". When I hear or think something badly of California or United States, I remind myself or tell others to "step over the border into Tijuana and see how alot of others live and we'll have a whole new appreciation for home and life".

"It may not be the best, but it sure is good." Hud

Yep.
I’m right between Sac and SF now.
It’s another world.
Thank God Napanut lives just around the way!

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I don’t know, but the experts did say Donald Trump would never be president.:D

sirbob

Reaction score
Its funny, I was just coming to RDP to post a thread on this topic.

I don't want to turn it into a political thread - however I have given this some thought recently. In the past when this has come up, I was the first in line to say bullshit no way! But then I saw that split map this time around and started thinking maybe i'd like it better.

I love almost everything about the state of CA except some of the things that come out of Sacramento.

I know the north will stay left / and the LA - coastal state would move left because of the LA population / But when I looked at the areas that would be included in the Southern CA version I was thinking it might lean a little more the way my public policies line up.

I have no idea about the legality of it or if the revenues are evenly cut so that each can sustain itself or other issues that I'm sure need to be considered - that said ???

jonnyd

Reaction score
I'm a 7th generation Californian and can't imagine splitting up the State. I don't think anything in my area would change even if we did split up, but doesn't this whole idea of splitting scream "lack of leadership!" I feel for the more rural areas of the state. I know that my vote never counts in my area, but the others must also feel like they have taxation without representation!

buck35

Reaction score

The Northern part of cal is beautiful, and is a place I could live.m8st of the state to the south of sac/ sf no.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Its funny, I was just coming to RDP to post a thread on this topic.

I don't want to turn it into a political thread - however I have given this some thought recently. In the past when this has come up, I was the first in line to say bullshit no way! But then I saw that split map this time around and started thinking maybe i'd like it better.

I love almost everything about the state of CA except some of the things that come out of Sacramento.

I know the north will stay left / and the LA - coastal state would move left because of the LA population / But when I looked at the areas that would be included in the Southern CA version I was thinking it might lean a little more the way my public policies line up.

I have no idea about the legality of it or if the revenues are evenly cut so that each can sustain itself or other issues that I'm sure need to be considered - that said ???

IMO everything south of winters is lost to the left. Maybe I’m just unfamiliar with SoCal?
The true northern part of the state feels “normal” to me.
Everything south feels like the rat race.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
Me too but split two ways like this. The east side would be more conservative than Texas, Wyoming and Montana combined.

View attachment 654375

Thats a good looking split Dribble . Doubt a split will ever happen, but I believe State of Jefferson has most traction of any possible split. And it would be more conservative than Texas, Wyoming, Montana and Alaska combined. :D
jefferson-state-map-3.png

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
The Northern part of cal is beautiful, and is a place I could live.m8st of the state to the south of sac/ sf no.

Yep.
I lived in Alaska from age 10 to age 40. Seen Gods Country for real.

Northern CA (no, not SF or Sac!) is like wilderness, yet not cold or anywhere near as deadly!
In short, it’s perfect for an old Alaskan who is tired of the cold yet still loves the woods and water.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
The OP diagram amounts to little more than financial gerrymandering imo.

Heylam

Reaction score
I think they should take the 909 and 951 and give them to Kentucky. [emoji848]