WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Do you use the Uber Standard when ripping CDs?

socalmoney

Reaction score
I was developed before iTunes was ever around as a way to combat inferior rips found on sites such as Napster, Kazza and Bear Share. Once it is set up, it is very easy to use. It produces outstanding results and makes it easy to trade with other followers since you know what your getting is as good as what your giving.

BajaMike

Reaction score
I was developed before iTunes was ever around as a way to combat inferior rips found on sites such as Napster, Kazza and Bear Share. Once it is set up, it is very easy to use. It produces outstanding results and makes it easy to trade with other followers since you know what your getting is as good as what your giving.

Are you saying it's a file sharing system also?

:confused:

socalmoney

Reaction score
It was sort of a file sharing system back in 2004 but it has since been disbanded. I have ripped my stuff by this standard ever since. There are many of us here at work that rip this way. I find that if you have a network of close friends who like to buy and trade, this is the best method for ripping because everyone's rips are to the same exact standard. Many people wanted to get their hands on my stuff but I wouldn't allow them unless they started to rip using the Uber standard, now they love it.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I use EAC (Exact Audio Copy) or Winamp with the LAME mp3 plugin, and always rip to the highest quality MP3 bitrate, either VBR-0 (Preset Extreme) or MP3 CBR-320, iTunes sucks