WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Do yourself a favor, buy your wife a InstaPot

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Wife got one a few days ago, she’s been killing it every night with this thing since. Chicken breast’s in 10 minutes, pork loin in 15, fresh vegetables in 5, the pressure infuses the seasonings and marinates.

Basically it’s a high tech pressure cooker.

9EBB5A4E-C8D1-4924-B21E-7FDDC1123047.jpeg

bonesfab

Reaction score
I have a ninja pressure pot air fryer and love it. Pot roast in 40 minutes. Crispy French fries. Baked macaroni and cheese. The list goes on.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
We have one, sausage and peppers in 20 minutes..

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
I have a ninja pressure pot air fryer and love it. Pot roast in 40 minutes. Crispy French fries. Baked macaroni and cheese. The list goes on.
I've been looking at that one for the ole ladies Valentine's day gift

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
I flip chicken breasts at 4 minutes. Total of 8 minutes. On a grill.
I still don't get it. Maybe I don't need to.

Dan'l

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Wife got one a few months ago. Used it a bunch in the beginning, but has slowed down lately. I cook 95% of the meals and have used it twice.

I have been using the Treager more and more. Just got a new Pitt Boss last Friday. Treager is the scout model and was too small.

wallnutz

Reaction score
We already have one and it gets used three or four times a week. Her and my daughter do meal prep and it works great for that.

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
We got one last week and the wife’s been doing EVERYTHING in there. She’s always wanted a pressure cooker but was afraid of the conventional ones.

I was amazed at how quickly broccoli and carrots were done, and she did corned beef and cabbage/potatos/carrots/rutabaga this weekend and it was very tender.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
We do pasta and meatballs in ours frequently. Layer frozen meatballs on the bottom, then a layer of pasta (whatever noodle you'd like), cover in sauce, then add 1/4 cup water and set for 20 mins. Everything comes out perfectly cooked in one pot. Pretty hard to beat the time frame and convience.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

snowhammer

Exploratory Vacation Time
Reaction score
We got one last week and the wife’s been doing EVERYTHING in there. She’s always wanted a pressure cooker but was afraid of the conventional ones.

I was amazed at how quickly broccoli and carrots were done, and she did corned beef and cabbage/potatos/carrots/rutabaga this weekend and it was very tender.

All those root vegetables and corned beef, sounds like the menu of a Viking, or at least a hearty Northerner.;)

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have one, but haven't fallen in love with it yet... it was nice to be able to take frozen solid chicken boobs out of the freezer and have them cooked perfectly in 40 minutes total time when we came home from the river 2 weeks ago with zero plan what to eat... It's my plan this tax season to try out some actual recipes and hopefully use it more frequently going forward.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
You can throw away the rice cooker after you buy the insta pot.... AND its worth it for hard boiled eggs all by itself... The shells fall off the egg!

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
Umm, don’t have one but I’ve wondered if I would use it regularly. My mom used to used a conventional pressure cooker but like said, I’m afraid of them. Perhaps I should find an ad for an Insta Pit, circle it and leave for the hubby to find ;) :D. VD and BD are approaching!

EBT531

Reaction score
Wife got one a few months ago. Used it a bunch in the beginning, but has slowed down lately. I cook 95% of the meals and have used it twice.

I have been using the Treager more and more. Just got a new Pitt Boss last Friday. Treager is the scout model and was too small.

I'm in the same boat. Once you are used to meat on the grill/smoker I just can't get behind the pressure cooker meat. Seems to "mushy" for me. Maybe I'm doing it wrong

rivergames

Reaction score
That's funny! I just got one last week and have a chicken breast thawing out in the fridge to try our tonight or tomorrow. I've heard nothing buy good things outta these!

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
We have one... Made chicken and wild rice soup in it last night in about 20 min. Love that thing

franky

Reaction score
How do you dry it when you are done? Towel?

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Funny:
It’s a pressure cooker. The east coast and other countries have used these for decades.

Also a great prepper tool: The 15 psi lid does wonders when you pour fireworks powder in it (about 7lbs.) and use an rc car servo/ controller with a Xmas tree light bulb....

Just add some bolts/ nuts and presto:

“Insta Bomb”
True story

Sandlord

Reaction score
used it today. Another great meal.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I recently picked one up. Hoping to try some new recipes out with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatnam2

Reaction score
Grew up around cubans, insta pot makes a mean chicken and rice. We like to make chili in, Sausage and cabbage is another one. Pretty much any roast and some veggies. We get home from work and almost 6pm, nice ot be able to still get something cooked quick.

EPL

Reaction score
I got my wife an Insta pot and Air fryer and she make great stuff with them both !!

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Funny:
It’s a pressure cooker. The east coast and other countries have used these for decades.

Also a great prepper tool: The 15 psi lid does wonders when you pour fireworks powder in it (about 7lbs.) and use an rc car servo/ controller with a Xmas tree light bulb....

Just add some bolts/ nuts and presto:

“Insta Bomb”
True story
View attachment 842336 They work great against Crown Vics
Appears as though both of the ones you are referring to are conventional stove top units. Work great but require constant attention and checking of the pressure relief. When the reliefs aren't checked regularly they can fail and lead to catastrophic results as I know you are aware being that you are familiar with pressure vessels in your line of work.

The new electrically controlled units is where the difference comes in. They monitor temps and pressures electrically and control them to help maintain safe operating in my conditions.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Appears as though both of the ones you are referring to are conventional stove top units. Work great but require constant attention and checking of the pressure relief. When the reliefs aren't checked regularly they can fail and lead to catastrophic results as I know you are aware being that you are familiar with pressure vessels in your line of work.

The new electrically controlled units is where the difference comes in. They monitor temps and pressures electrically and control them to help maintain safe operating in my conditions.

True

I got about 15 of the old ones for free so I learned how to use them for cooking as well as blowing them up.

They are in pretty much every home in Iraq/Afghanistan,
Basically a larger pipe bomb.

I still use an old school crock pot because I prepare early just like everything else: Good Tactics require good planning

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Why does a WIFE have to get one? Sounds a little sexist to me.

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
Here's the rub with instant pots.

Its all about convenience. Yes you can do pork loin and ribs which should take hours in 40 minutes or so. Pasta in 10 minutes and steemed veggies in 1 min. But the kicker is that it is just all "ok." Nothing gourmet about it.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, just need to be real with expectations. Everything that comes out of it is a solid B grade.

Now its great for camping and river and the like, but it is not going to replace much if you are looking for any sort of gourmet flair.

All that being said I still use mine regularly.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Here's the rub with instant pots.

Its all about convenience. Yes you can do pork loin and ribs which should take hours in 40 minutes or so. Pasta in 10 minutes and steemed veggies in 1 min. But the kicker is that it is just all "ok." Nothing gourmet about it.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, just need to be real with expectations. Everything that comes out of it is a solid B grade.

Now its great for camping and river and the like, but it is not going to replace much if you are looking for any sort of gourmet flair.

All that being said I still use mine regularly.

I think it’s a great way for divorced Dads to get a decent dinner on the table vs take out

Easy way to get kids into cooking prep work (easy, but still the idea)
I did it with a crock pot and have got my kids in on making dinner vs buying everything in the consumer /fast time world

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
My wife still hasn't got tired of the air fryer that "she got for me" for my birthday last May.:D

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Even I can cook in that thing!

I do a lot of Brazilian BBQ with huge cuts of meat from Smart and Final. Well, there is always an extra 6-8 pounds of sirloin left that is usually too chewy. I started throwing that meat in the pot with a couple onion soups, about 10 oz of red wine, an onion, bell pepper, and whatever else you want. In 45 minutes it is amazing and tender!

The wife has a ton of recipes too!

Outdrive1

Reaction score
We made pulled pork sandwiches from a pork shoulder steak (2lbs) instead of a whole shoulder. 30 minutes. It was really good. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Shrimp Scampi and noodles tonight. This thing is pretty amazing. You sauté the shrimp, garlic, and shallots along with spices for two minutes, add spaghetti noodles and broth. Literally pressure cook it for three minutes and it's done. Only one thing to wash when you're done. 10 minutes to cook dinner, and it was really good. I'm sold. We just keep trying new recipes on the app.

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
Tonight was chicken and dumplings, AND a cheesecake! All of it was delicious.

Chicken and dumplings took 12 minutes after she sautéed the vegetables. The cheesecake took a half hour and it’s so rich it’s ridiculous.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
They make a quick chilli as well.
It has a home on the counter top.