WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dodge 392 catch can recommendations....

Cray Paper

Reaction score
I'm a life long Chevy guy that now has a Scat Pack widebody Challenger by choice, Ford 150 work truck with an eco boost power plant and my new wifes Toyota 4 door sporty white something or other car. No GM products currently in the driveway for the fist time sense forever. I really like the Dodge but have absolutely zero interest in learning about Ford or Toyota products. That being said, still not interested in diving deep in to Chry-CO, just want to know the basics to keep the Dodge running it's best. Seems like they need a catch can to intercept the oil from blow by.

Any Mopar-is-better-than-any-car fan boys on here that can recommend the best all around catch can for the money?

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
Congrats on the SP WB, I have really enjoyed mine. If you look at all the various ones out there for your car, you will notice they are all pretty much the same, a couple hoses attached to the can. If you go to any of the Challenger forums you will see that everyone thinks the one they have on their car is the best one. :)

Post a pic of your car!

enemy

Reaction score
I got the speed Logix one. They are really popular on the dodge forum. It’s billet and nice looking. Seems to do the trick. Think they are having huge sales all month.

IMG_3602.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taboma

Reaction score
I got the speed Logix one. They are really popular on the dodge forum. It’s billet and nice looking. Seems to do the trick. Think they are having huge sales all month.

View attachment 929179

I'm guessing when it's smog test time you simply swap it back to stock ? I'd imagine the same for any warranty work, but what about normal services, dealer doesn't squawk ?

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Go cheap or go home [emoji4]

This is what I use in my Silverado...if you go this route, you need a hose, read the comments...the one it comes with is not good.

IMG_5464.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

enemy

Reaction score
I'm guessing when it's smog test time you simply swap it back to stock ? I'd imagine the same for any warranty work, but what about normal services, dealer doesn't squawk ?

I’m not [emoji817] but I don’t think their are any warranty or smog issues. Warranty issues are a huge taking point on the forums and so are catch cans and I’ve never heard of that being brought up so pretty sure it’s not a concern. Never heard a word about smog but I think it’s stock on some models?

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
No issue with smog.

PCV is a closed system, and it’s still closed with a catch can.

Taboma

Reaction score
No issue with smog.

Unless you go to some shady CA test station or a real dumb one, that catch can best have an EO# on it, because modifying your smog equipment isn't legal.
I recently spent a year and $ 1200 jumping through a million hoops to get my "California Smog Legal" built in Lake Forest, Hennessey Camaro actually smog legal.
The Magnuson super charger had an EO#, but a bunch of other components weren't part of that exemption, hence not smog legal.
If I move to AZ, I've got all those parts in a big box. 😁

Taboma

Reaction score
I’m not [emoji817] but I don’t think their are any warranty or smog issues. Warranty issues are a huge taking point on the forums and so are catch cans and I’ve never heard of that being brought up so pretty sure it’s not a concern. Never heard a word about smog but I think it’s stock on some models?

Well, as far as the state and feds are concerned, it's a modification to your smog system. If that mod doesn't come with an EO # (Exemption Order) Good Luck 👍

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
No issue with smog.

Tell that to the CA SMOG techs. They will fail you for even a sealed a catch can.

Taboma

Reaction score
Tell that to the CA SMOG techs. They will fail you for even a sealed a catch can.

As I understand it, the problem with the catch cans being unable to obtain a CA EO, is because it requires regular maintenance. Smog systems are supposed to be maintenance free for 10 years.

Taboma

Reaction score
Fuckers...

I think the state is policing the shit out of these stations. After I got all the I's dotted and T's crossed on my Camaro, two test stations, opened the hood, saw the supercharger, I pointed out the EO# and they still refused my business. I talked until I was blue in the face, nope, go somewhere else. Finally talked to a few car guys and found some good ole boy car guys who weren't put off, checked it from one end to the other, were satisfied and passed it. They'll obviously be my go-to shop for future testing. Many, are so jumpy if they see any mods, approved or not, they don't want to risk getting their licenses yanked.

enemy

Reaction score
I think the state is policing the shit out of these stations. After I got all the I's dotted and T's crossed on my Camaro, two test stations, opened the hood, saw the supercharger, I pointed out the EO# and they still refused my business. I talked until I was blue in the face, nope, go somewhere else. Finally talked to a few car guys and found some good ole boy car guys who weren't put off, checked it from one end to the other, were satisfied and passed it. They'll obviously be my go-to shop for future testing. Many, are so jumpy if they see any mods, approved or not, they don't want to risk getting their licenses yanked.

Dm me their contact info lol

Taboma

Reaction score
Dm me their contact info lol

The smog station ? You anywhere around Poway (San Diego County) ? These guys are 100% legit. Oh and don't be sportin a Biden bumper sticker :oops:
They won't pass it with a catch can, they just weren't afraid to test and pass it with all the correctly modified and documented parts on it, like other shops were spooky of.

Cray Paper

Reaction score
WA State doesn't test for emissions starting this year. Catch can in a sealed evaporative system should not through any codes in my back yard mechanics opinion. Seems to be an issue with these engines, just trying to do some preventive maintenance.

enemy

Reaction score
WA State doesn't test for emissions starting this year. Catch can in a sealed evaporative system should not through any codes in my back yard mechanics opinion. Seems to be an issue with these engines, just trying to do some preventive maintenance.

It won’t cause it to throw a code

Cray Paper

Reaction score
Wifes Toyota something or other got hit in the her employers parking lot. The insurance company gave her a Chevy POS that she refuses to drive. My wife is now daily driving the Challenger. Any solid recommendations for catch cans? She knows how to push a car a car to the limits and I as of tonight knows how to put the car in to track mode...

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Wifes Toyota something or other got hit in the her employers parking lot. The insurance company gave her a Chevy POS that she refuses to drive. My wife is now daily driving the Challenger. Any solid recommendations for catch cans? She knows how to push a car a car to the limits and I as of tonight knows how to put the car in to track mode...

The cars are meant to be driven! I DD the Hellcat, it’s the best DD ever! These are not collector cars that hold value, these are not going to be rolling across Barrett Jackson getting huge $. These cars also aren’t tossed away when they hit 100k miles. Drive the car, enjoy the car, tastefully mod the car, and most importantly respect the car.

Catch can..... JLT or Billet Technology would be my pick. At the end of the day, they are all doing the same thing, and are all very similar in design.