WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

DODGERS 2022 Season thread...Road to the World Series..😃😃

oldschool

Reaction score
You Are A DICK.................................
51CCE9B7-3242-4ACD-A235-8A9E99261BCD.gif

AEA

Reaction score
So, how much of this result is on Roberts and how much on the players?

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Seems the bullpen lost it for LA. I haven’t watched many games this year but I was shocked at the dodgers pitchers couldnt even keep it out of the dirt and they had just started pitching. Walking batters cost big time.

spectra bash

Reaction score
Yep. I’m a dodger fan but pretty pathetic. Bullshit pitch calls as usual. But pretty pathetic that San Diego cut dodger fans off from buying tickets. Where were all those padre fans all year. Just a bunch of bandwagon jumpers. And the celebration inside. Mucho chado is a thug. Fuck em.

rrrr

Reaction score
Gee, I thought the Dodgers would do better against the bottom of the Padre's order.

How long does it take for a bus to go from Petco to Dodger Stadium? Gonna be a looooong ride.

AzMandella

Reaction score
Choke Choke Choke, Choke Choke Choke, Choking Dodgers, Choking Dodgers

I said it in the other thread "Don't underestimate the Dodgers ability to choke in the playoffs"

Last edited:

tostark

Liquid Equity
Reaction score
Buddy sends a message Tuesday……”What is difference between Dodger dog and Angels dog? You can buy a Dodger dog in October”. Lol. Yawn. Very funny. But the Dodger payroll is $110mil higher then Angels, works out to 27.5 mil per game in Oct for a hot dog. LOL!!!

badgas

Reaction score
Yep. I’m a dodger fan but pretty pathetic. Bullshit pitch calls as usual. But pretty pathetic that San Diego cut dodger fans off from buying tickets. Where were all those padre fans all year. Just a bunch of bandwagon jumpers. And the celebration inside. Mucho chado is a thug. Fuck em.
Yeah lot of Angel fans that jumped on board, I know several who turned in "Joe Padre" this week.

badgas

Reaction score
Congrats to the Padres !

Dodgers thought they were just going to cruise through the playoffs like they did the regular season. When the HR's don't come it seems like they are lost. No small ball, no fire , they are actually pretty boring.

4Waters

Reaction score
This was the season/team to take it all, this team might not be together next season unfortunately. The regular season was easy pickings for the Dodgers and when it came time for them to fight they were lost. The teams that have to fight for every hit every base and every run are true street fighters, that was the Padres, congrats boys and good luck

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Will Dodger fans watch the rest of the playoffs? Will you root for the Pads?

Reactions: TPC

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
The poster boy for the Dodgers is Clayton Kershaw - I was hoping they'd let him go but nope...kept him

e6dbf7daad6602f0487a41a07b3948e3.jpg

B7QOYkDCQAA8PUy.jpg

1d4h8u9.jpg

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Anyone able to do a driveby of the “Hootersled” residence this morning? Wellness Check? Ruff days for awhile Hoots till next season. Great thread Hooter,Thanks

4Waters

Reaction score
Anyone able to do a driveby of the “Hootersled” residence this morning? Wellness Check? Ruff days for awhile Hoots till next season. Great thread Hooter,Thanks
LOL, wellness check.

Agreed, great threads every year, already looking forward to what next season brings.

rrrr

Reaction score
This was the season/team to take it all, this team might not be together next season unfortunately. The regular season was easy pickings for the Dodgers and when it came time for them to fight they were lost. The teams that have to fight for every hit every base and every run are true street fighters, that was the Padres, congrats boys and good luck

That scrappy play can win big ball games.

All of you should watch the rally video of the bottom of the ninth inning in last night's Yankees and Guardians.

The Guardians manufactured three runs by hitting singles. No big uppercuts at fastballs, desperately trying to hit a home run. Watch how the hitters place the ball, instead of trying to kill it. Pay attention to the hit by left fielder Steven Kwan that advanced Myles Straw to third. That bat stroke has almost disappeared from MLB.

This link leads to the main story page. Scroll down and select the ninth inning rally video.

Last edited:

4Waters

Reaction score
All of you should watch the rally video of the bottom of the ninth inning in last night's Yankees and Guardians.

The Guardians manufactured three runs by hitting singles. No big uppercuts at fastballs, desperately trying to hit a home run. Pay attention to the hit by left fielder Steven Kwan that advanced Myles Straw to third. That bat stroke has almost disappeared from MLB.

This link leads to the main story page. Scroll down and select the ninth inning rally video.

Oh I get it, I asst coach youth football, Hail Mary passes rarely work, most first downs are running plays by trying to get 3 yards min per down, chip away at it and march it down the field 3-5 yards at a time. In baseball terms, chip away at it 1 hit/base at a time.

mbrown2

Reaction score
Definitely were not playing ball in the playoffs as they had the majority of the season... Pad's put it together when they need to.... Oh well next year... Hope the Pad's go far... Been a while for them...

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Oh I get it, I asst coach youth football, Hail Mary passes rarely work, most first downs are running plays by trying to get 3 yards min per down, chip away at it and march it down the field 3-5 yards at a time. In baseball terms, chip away at it 1 hit/base at a time.

It is hard to watch how this Team after a year of playing Great Baseball to not handle the Pressure of the Post Season again. Taking this one game away, they should be playing in the Series.

P.S. I am Not a Dodgers fan, but do enjoy Baseball.

rrrr

Reaction score

Sometime in early September Cleveland played a series against the Astros in Houston. They were five or six games behind the Twins and White Sox. After it was over, I became convinced the Guardians were going to win their division.

They went 20-8 in September, finishing 11 games ahead of the Sox and 14 ahead of the Twins. Today's game against the Yankees could produce an upset ranking right next to the Padre's dustoff of the Dodgers.

oldschool

Reaction score
How many games a team wins in the regular season doesn’t mean shit, you just need to win enough to get in the tournament. Getting hot and staying hot is everything in the post season. Go Padres!

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Their heart was never in it. Too many lame duck players. Angels puked early from their hearts not in it either.

Rams stinking up the field too. QB1 seems pre-occupied. Check cleared the bank so why try?

LA sports teams fizzling out for ‘22.

LV Raiders misery will metastasize and it’ll be a long season. $800 back-top-row, end zone seats will be $20 with no takers.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
I’ll spill the beans on who my team is, I have been a lifelong A’s fan. Yeah I know but I’m happy for Melvin, he did more with nothing most of the time in Oakland. Very cool what Bean did for him, let him out of his contract to find a good organization so I will root for the Padres. I started rooting for Oakland in 72, never a Giants fan but those 3 WS titles in the timeframe was damn impressive.

I know through this thread there are some hardcore Dodger fans, and Robert’s gets a lot of blame but I can’t help but think that Friedman and his nerds have made huge errors.Remember if I’m correct he came from the Ray’s and again was a nerd. But I do believe with the talent the Dodger’s had they should have won the series but it’s why we play the games. 217 wins in 2 years is damn impressive also.

4Waters

Reaction score
I’ll spill the beans on who my team is, I have been a lifelong A’s fan. Yeah I know but I’m happy for Melvin, he did more with nothing most of the time in Oakland. Very cool what Bean did for him, let him out of his contract to find a good organization so I will root for the Padres. I started rooting for Oakland in 72, never a Giants fan but those 3 WS titles in the timeframe was damn impressive.

I know through this thread there are some hardcore Dodger fans, and Robert’s gets a lot of blame but I can’t help but think that Friedman and his nerds have made huge errors.Remember if I’m correct he came from the Ray’s and again was a nerd. But I do believe with the talent the Dodger’s had they should have won the series but it’s why we play the games. 217 wins in 2 years is damn impressive also.
On paper the dodgers are world champions but paper doesn't win games and like you said that's why we play games.