WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Does anyone know this motorhome

01erionracing

Reaction score
I am looking to buy this MH, but the owner oppose to have the expert inpector (on my cost) to look at, i left the link to the craiglist below:
00t0t_bzL6f5QCL0v_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00L0L_8maPdwN6cUu_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00g0g_gb63lviFnvC_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00G0G_3e86hV92AKx_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

I came to look at the unit in person last week and made an offer and told the onwer that I would like to have the inspector look at the unit before pay in full.
Later he told me that he oppose to have the inspector look at because waste time... instead he offer me discount.
Here is the link to craiglist

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
looks like a nice coach. I've owned two Dynasty's. My current one is a 42/4 slide.It has 3 roof airs and a 10K, Onan. Even with three, its marginal in the Arizona summers. Look close in the bay the houses the Aquahot. They tend to develop internal leaks. Look for leaks around the windshield also. Look at not only tire wear but age. Ask to drive it up to Sunset point mid-day.

For the price, Its a lot of motorhome. You could afford to repair some stuff. Not sure what year they went from 370 to 400HP but I'm thinking the motor/trans is probably all good. (my 2006 has 32,000 miles)

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
To add, I don't disagree with the guys saying run away. I just read the add as "I have a clean title, want an easy sale" and not him necessarily hiding something. If you like it, maybe its worth pursuing.

2Driver

Reaction score
For another $10k you could buy a nice RZR.

How would you feel if you had to throw another $20k at it, if it would bother you, get it looked at now. Its a 20 year old complex coach. Get it looked over

Last edited:

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Definitely Run. Super Shady.

I think most of us here, when we sell something, we recommend if not push someone to get an inspection and test it. I'd never try and tell someone it was a waste of time. You're spending thousands.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
the inspection would not stop me from buying.... but the age..20yrs, the miles113k, and not enough power,... that and that old will over heat with that side radiator going up cahone or baker grade... then you have to figure all new hose's and air bags...and I would bet it needs anew radiator as those have to been constant flushed out...that little motor would make it if you could crank up the hp.... but the trans and cooling won't let it happen... that and those big coachs have so much plastic everywhere that crumbles...

PaPaG

Reaction score
RUN RUN RUN! ANYONE not allowing an inspection on a high mileage rig is possibly hiding some big ticket repair items...JMO....A buddy bought a rig with 75k on it, looked real clean and the owner wanted A FAST EASY SALE, after a few days into their 3 week dream vacation across the US trip the trans gave out..shop said the trans had thrown some obvious codes and issues where there for a long time...10k later my buddy was back on the road...hotel for a family of 4 for a week, 1 week of vacation wasted, emergency trans rebuild cost, and missing a huge part of their dream vacation gone.......all because he did not have it inspected...just one lesson out of thousands I am sure of...again just my opinion have it checked out especially since he is against it...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I am looking to buy this MH, but the owner oppose to have the expert inpector (on my cost) to look at, i left the link to the craiglist below:
View attachment 906832
View attachment 906833 View attachment 906834 View attachment 906835
I came to look at the unit in person last week and made an offer and told the onwer that I would like to have the inspector look at the unit before pay in full.
Later he told me that he oppose to have the inspector look at because waste time... instead he offer me discount.
Here is the link to craiglist
you don't need an inspector to see the golden shower and fixtures...and the tile floor,... he did change out the cabinett pulls,... but left the beveled mirrors

sangerflattbottom

Reaction score
Here is my perspective on an RV. First off, WAY more expensive then any other toy I have including my boats, street rods and daily drivers. So expect that from the get go. I would also avoid allowing an inspection (if I were the seller) due to the fact that they will absolutely find things that need to be addressed. The seller does not want to listen to somebody pick apart what he has. As for the several systems on the coach, expect that each one will need attention at some point because it is a used coach. We recently bought a 97 34' Monaco Windsor. Beautiful condition, very well taken care of but each trip something has come up. Nothing major but things like, new tires, new batteries, full service on motor & trans, leveling sensors, entry step and thermostat to name a few. Luckily, I have been able to address each item but this is how it is.

My advice would be to go through the coach with a friend. Open every cabinet, drawer and exterior storage area. Turn on every light, close each blind, swivel the chairs and so on. Look for drips around the trans and oil pan, inspect the battery trays. Start the generator and run the heat & air. Basically act like a little kid and touch everything. If you are at all mechanical look for previous hokey repairs, that is what I would focus on. You will most likely find a list of issues from that visit and determine if you are ready execute. Looks like a nice rig from the ad for a good price.

Good luck!

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
the inspection would not stop me from buying.... but the age..20yrs, the miles113k, and not enough power,... that and that old will over heat with that side radiator going up cahone or baker grade... then you have to figure all new hose's and air bags...and I would bet it needs anew radiator as those have to been constant flushed out...that little motor would make it if you could crank up the hp.... but the trans and cooling won't let it happen... that and those big coachs have so much plastic everywhere that crumbles...
I've definitely bought my share of shit with no inspection, I've had good and back luck with it lol. My thought on this is the seller pushing to not have one and saying it's a waste of time but I'll give you a discount if you don't inspect it.

That's the part I don't like.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
RUN RUN RUN! ANYONE not allowing an inspection on a high mileage rig is possibly hiding some big ticket repair items...JMO....A buddy bought a rig with 75k on it, looked real clean and the owner wanted A FAST EASY SALE, after a few days into their 3 week dream vacation across the US trip the trans gave out..shop said the trans had thrown some obvious codes and issues where there for a long time...10k later my buddy was back on the road...hotel for a family of 4 for a week, 1 week of vacation wasted, emergency trans rebuild cost, and missing a huge part of their dream vacation gone.......all because he did not have it inspected...just one lesson out of thousands I am sure of...again just my opinion have it checked out especially since he is against it...
yes,... that and those motors crack the maniflods, and drop the turbo

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
easy deal... look under at the air bags, are they cracked up like a cotton pickers hands...next, go test drive it up a long grade... time the test to be at the hottest part of the day...have a friend or wife follow you to give you a ride home...

Singleton

Reaction score
easy deal... look under at the air bags, are they cracked up like a cotton pickers hands...next, go test drive it up a long grade... time the test to be at the hottest part of the day...have a friend or wife follow you to give you a ride home...

just listen to his guy.
when I was looking at ToyHaulers, I went through all of Steve’s RV notes and when I executed my walkthrough on a used trailer, followed his advise on what do look into.

Last edited:

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
Here is my perspective on an RV. First off, WAY more expensive then any other toy I have including my boats, street rods and daily drivers. So expect that from the get go. I would also avoid allowing an inspection (if I were the seller) due to the fact that they will absolutely find things that need to be addressed. The seller does not want to listen to somebody pick apart what he has. As for the several systems on the coach, expect that each one will need attention at some point because it is a used coach. We recently bought a 97 34' Monaco Windsor. Beautiful condition, very well taken care of but each trip something has come up. Nothing major but things like, new tires, new batteries, full service on motor & trans, leveling sensors, entry step and thermostat to name a few. Luckily, I have been able to address each item but this is how it is.

My advice would be to go through the coach with a friend. Open every cabinet, drawer and exterior storage area. Turn on every light, close each blind, swivel the chairs and so on. Look for drips around the trans and oil pan, inspect the battery trays. Start the generator and run the heat & air. Basically act like a little kid and touch everything. If you are at all mechanical look for previous hokey repairs, that is what I would focus on. You will most likely find a list of issues from that visit and determine if you are ready execute. Looks like a nice rig from the ad for a good price.

Good luck!

This and what Steve says. Those may contradict a little but the sound advise will come from what you can handle on "used" repairs. I had repairs (little minor shit) on the one I bought brand new! My dad has the same floor plan/year Monaco but a Widsor without the tag axle. He's got 45k on his, unless he's using it, it's in a climate controlled building and still looks like new. From using his, I've pulled a 6500# Avalanche behind it, without issue- over heating or insufficient power. My dad still comes home with a "fix-it" list from almost any trip. All little shit you should kind of expect from a rolling house.
A real good walk around with an extra set of eyes, and a well timed test drive will tell you what you need to know. Good Luck!

traquer

Reaction score
Seller knows what needs to be done, or at least knows "there's always something" so he's just trying to avoid you negotiating him down as you go down the list of stuff that needs to be fixed.

I'd take an inspector with me and tell him he's my buddy lol

01erionracing

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the input. When buying my boat(avatar) few years back, I requested the seller take it to boat dealer and have an expert inspected, after the result I made an offer. The seller was happy to my request.
Regardiong this MH, I did not take a photo but there was a residue in the rear bedroom wall sliding closet I think this is on top of the manifold, it could be a leak cracked manifold.

havasuhusker

Reaction score
Hard to argue with the advice already given. I'm sure in your gut you know what the right decision is for you. Don't get too enamored with the pictures and nice visual stuff. It's what's underneath it all that truly matters.

glamispad2

Reaction score
We have 2008 Monaco Camelot 43 PDQ 400 ISL it a lot of motor home for this motor but your not out to win any races. Monaco is a great coach and we have had our share of issues but all in all its been great. Dont let the inspection scare you off, just take a friend and check everything and run everything you can. They are definitely not the fastest thing but they pull like a sumbitch.. I pull a 24 ft enclosed to Glamis fully loaded from Lakewood Ca all season long with no problems. FYI when we purchased our rig they did a so called inspection which cost us 500 bucks(what a joke) Come to find out we had no air cleaner in the Generator and a few other issues i had to find the hard way.. Just my 2cents but you cant go wrong with the early Monaco's anything after 2009 they sold and they are diffidently not built as well. Jerry

JLG614

Signature Garage Design / Epoxy Flooring
Reaction score
I wouldn't be scared of not getting inspection as long as you know what to look for. Like everyone has said, check for leaks on the engine, check the bags, check the breaks, check the wheel seals. Biggest mistake i made on my last coach was not checking the roof thoroughly enough and ended up having to replace the entire thing. $17k later it still leaked. got it repaired one more time after having my lawyer send a letter to the shop that fixed it and sold that bitch the second i got it back. Don't try to chase roof leaks. other than that just do a solid inspection yourself. run every appliance, open every cabinet, run hot water through everything and make sure it works. But it is a 20 year old coach so expect to come home and fix a problem every time you take it out. My dad bought his country coach new in 2007 for $500k and we still have it to this day and every time we take it out we come home and fix something. Motorhomes are worse than cars, trucks, boats, sandcars, and trailers combined. not every problem will break the bank but there will be problems

JLG614

Signature Garage Design / Epoxy Flooring
Reaction score

Why do you say it will over heat with a side radiator? From our experience we only buy side radiator motorhomes because the rear radiator coaches always tend to over heat more. We tow box trailers and stacker though so the air flow is never good because of that. Not trying to argue with you or say your wrong I'm just curious what your experience has been

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
I know that MoHo. It's mine. Why don't you tell the whole story though?

You asked for an inspection because you wanted to haggle with the price for your credit union. You asked me if I would carry the note on it at 110% of the purchase price and when I said no, you wanted to try and find a different way to get money out of it. Like I said, I would rather take a discount then go through all those shenanigans you are trying to pull.

This post is in jest.

RCDave

Reaction score
I know someone selling a similar coach that is in good shape. Let me know if your interested and I'll shoot you the contact info

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Takes some balls to make a post like this and not expect the owner to see it and chime in. Matt is a solid guy and after that post I would run from you as a buyer. Come back when you have $$$ to play and can act like a big boy. I would buy from him without even laying eyes on it.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Takes some balls to make a post like this and not expect the owner to see it and chime in. Matt is a solid guy and after that post I would run from you as a buyer. Come back when you have $$$ to play and can act like a big boy. I would buy from him without even laying eyes on it.

Thanks for the support! Means a lot.

Like I stated. This MoHo is Cleeeaaaaaaaaaannnnnn so I don't need no inspector going through it and finding water damage in the walls, duct taped toilet piping, and flex sealed water tank fixes. Those inspectors just make that stuff up.

Bring cash or you're just a tire kicker.

spectras only

Reaction score
When I bought my Mirage, ins company wanted a survey. Engines had only 28 hrs, boat had about 280 hrs on its hull. Friend who did the survey knows less than I about the boat, but it's the way with ins companies, they want a licensed surveyor to assess conditions.
Same with travel trailers, most manufacturers don't even use proper blueprints to build them.Have you tried getting a wiring diagram for your unit? Good luck with that. ;) :D. Only thing I would like to have is more power for a tag moho, myself. Chump's moho looks clean and priced right.

01erionracing

Reaction score
I know that MoHo. It's mine. Why don't you tell the whole story though?

You asked for an inspection because you wanted to haggle with the price for your credit union. You asked me if I would carry the note on it at 110% of the purchase price and when I said no, you wanted to try and find a different way to get money out of it. Like I said, I would rather take a discount then go through all those shenanigans you are trying to pull.

This post is in jest.
I am not sure if this is a joke or mistaken, I have never mentioned for the credit union or carry a note (I have cash ready) and I don't think the owner of this MH name Matt unless i was told a lie.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
I am not sure if this is a joke or mistaken, I have never mentioned for the credit union or carry a note (I have cash ready) and I don't think the owner of this MH name Matt unless i was told a lie.

I didn't meet with you. I don't like meeting with buyers as buyers are liars. My brother @Kachina26 who is also a member on this site is who you met with.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
you don't need an inspector to see the golden shower and fixtures...and the tile floor,... he did change out the cabinett pulls,... but left the beveled mirrors
Google "golden shower" and then see if you want to edit your post. :eek:

01erionracing

Reaction score
I didn't meet with you. I don't like meeting with buyers as buyers are liars. My brother @Kachina26 who is also a member on this site is who you met with.
Fair enough! I have never haggled the price with your brother, I told him the max price I would pay when I see it in person and I kelp my word even offered him a deposit.
I made this post not trying to bash seller, just trying to get some advise what to look since I know nothing about the DP since the seller oppose to the expert inspection and also maybe someone here knows this unit belongs to a good friend so they can give some advised.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Pretty sure Matt just took a lengthy trip in this recently and would have immediately addressed any issues or let you know. Once in a while you get a rare stand up seller that is looking out for you and himself. He was saving you time and money on the price of inspection and offered a discount to likely help with nitpick shit that would be a waste of both yore time. Hell I had my new to us moho inspected after purchase right before our maiden voyage. The inspection $$$ was a fucking waste for me, first trip out I had to fix obvious leaks, new toilet, batteries, tires and so on. My inspection report was "spotless"...nope, but my hundred dollar bills were spotless and wasted to the moho specialty shop. I bought mine right planned on typical moho issues and handle them as they pop up. Good luck in yore search

LuauLounge

Reaction score
I picked up a super clean MB S550 in January. Belonged to a neighbor, all service done by the book with records. Put new tires on and started driving. Second month the turbo coolant lines started leaking. Took it in and had then done. Fourth month, the front strut starts leaking down. I’m at 6 months, so we’ll see what happens. All in, I’ve got about what a two year old Toyota Camray would have cost.

havasujeeper

Reaction score
Damn, where is the price and location? I'm looking and it looks great to me!

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Fair enough! I have never haggled the price with your brother, I told him the max price I would pay when I see it in person and I kelp my word even offered him a deposit.
I made this post not trying to bash seller, just trying to get some advise what to look since I know nothing about the DP since the seller oppose to the expert inspection and also maybe someone here knows this unit belongs to a good friend so they can give some advised.

Well that's not the story that @Kachina26 gave to me!

And I don't feel like you're bashing me.