WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Does Anyone Work Anymore???

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
So I check the webcam on occasion through the week.

Must be a lot of people off for Good Friday!
IMG_3989.jpg

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
FUCK ton of boats headed East on the 40 too. [emoji2371]

Reactions: DWC

Tank

Reaction score
This town has been pretty packed since last year.. 😳
True story. Was discussing this with AJ last time we were out. Every weekend looks like a holiday weekend and every weekday looks like a standard weekend. And the season extended way long and started early.

No kids sports, school from home, work from home, PPE, stimulus, everyone trying to get away from Ca. nazi lock downs made for the perfect storm so to speak.

attitude

Reaction score
How many people sit on their laptop while in the channel? I would if I could lol

Reactions: DLC

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Yeah I’m guessing this trend that started last season might be a permanent one? Lots of people who use to go to an office are now working from “home”. Your boat can now be your new office - who knew? LOL 😂

PlanB

Reaction score
It's going to be a busy year. We just got back from spending a couple of weeks out there, and for March it was pretty damn busy. The only thing keeping some of the traffic off of the lake were the days that were windy. The parking lot for our slip at the Marina looked like a mid summer weekend (almost to capacity).

bk2drvr

Reaction score
I still think kids sports will have an impact this summer and companies will begin asking employees to return to work to some degree. We have a 16yo lacrosse player in our family and she has games every weekend except one through June. Spring Break is a factor at the moment. Its hard to imagine another summer like last occurring again.

Blubyu

Reaction score
House has been booked solid since this whole Covid bullshit. Can’t even make a trip out there, no where to stay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Just back from running errands, the fricking place is a traffic jam and most of them are Whiteplaters!!!

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Yeah I’m guessing this trend that started last season might be a permanent one? Lots of people who use to go to an office are now working from “home”. Your boat can now be your new office - who knew? LOL 😂

Been doing that for years! Bring my surface tablet out on the boat all the time.....:p:p

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
I am so fucking busy it just doesn't stop for me. Definitely my busiest year EVER and I love it. Also by far one of the hardest tax seasons ever with all the new PPP tax laws and the passing of the stimulus totally fucked us this tax season as well. Changed a lot of the laws in the middle of tax season. No complaints though. I am putting in crazy hours right now but come May, I will be off for the rest of the year. 🥳

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
How many people sit on their laptop while in the channel? I would if I could lol

Yup, the wife and I have done that often. I hate the Friday night through Sunday night trips. So I say fuck and boat Friday with the laptop.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Work is very slow today seems that everyone is off for the holiday so we went out and ran errands. Found out where everyone is - at the stores, gas stations - everywhere we went that's where people were.

I'm avoiding people for the rest of the weekend

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
If only my wife could get away from work on a Friday lol. I sure can now. Might leave her ass in the trailer lol. Call her when I am ready to be picked up

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...I forget exactly what I was doing other than floating around in my Hallett Flatty on the Sacramento River in old town Sacramento...I had business to take care of... was talking to somebody who was still in the movie business but I don’t remember exactly why ???...the person on the other end had no idea that I was floating around,,,this would’ve been about 2003???...

530RL

Reaction score
I don’t get how people can do that and stay competitive?

The same people who say working from the home/beach/lake is as productive as going to the office are the same people who say their kids can’t learn except in school. 🤷

Other than the mandatory two weeks, we have been open and completely followed the guidelines. Not hard to do both.

We have lost some employees to requiring they actually work, but picked up a lot of customers from our competitors simply because we show up. Who would have ever thought all you have to do is show up?

Please may those mid-week boaters be our competitors. 🙏 😁

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I don’t get how people can do that and stay competitive?

The same people who say working from the home/beach/lake is as productive as going to the office are the same people who say their kids can’t learn except in school. 🤷

Other than the mandatory two weeks, we have been open and completely followed the guidelines. Not hard to do both.

We have lost some employees to requiring they actually work, but picked up a lot of customers from our competitors simply because we show up. Who would have ever thought all you have to do is show up?

Please may those mid-week boaters be our competitors. 🙏 😁
As much as I’d like to say I could work from home, I know I would be a lot less productive. You have to be really disciplined and I’m not. Studying at home is hard enough.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Been doing that for years! Bring my surface tablet out on the boat all the time.....:p:p

If its during the week I bring my laptop and can tag off my phone. Did a few docusigns and video calls with clients last year from the boat at pirates lol

My wife attended a couple of her grad classes via zoom on the boat last year..its was pretty funny. In one of them they held a vote to "fail her" for not inviting them lol

CLdrinker

Reaction score
No
Naw man, the dems are in office, I’m just kicking back and collecting checks
no shit. I just got a 7k check. It is completely stupid. We are literally a couple bucks under 150k with 3 kids and my mortgage is about the same as a new fully loaded diesel 3/4 ton. this stimulus shit is rediculous

DLC

Reaction score
your missing the whole work FROM home part...... a lot of people are doing the bare minimum, it’s more like check the laptop to make sure it’s still in the boat type of deal

QUOTE="attitude, post: 4066381, member: 3221"]
[/QUOTE]

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I am so fucking busy it just doesn't stop for me. Definitely my busiest year EVER and I love it. Also by far one of the hardest tax seasons ever with all the new PPP tax laws and the passing of the stimulus totally fucked us this tax season as well. Changed a lot of the laws in the middle of tax season. No complaints though. I am putting in crazy hours right now but come May, I will be off for the rest of the year. 🥳

No you won't! 😁

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I'm so F'n slammed at work right now. I work in Television, the business is on fire right now, and I'm traveling a ton. The though of hanging out on a boat drinking beers sounds like a pipe dream. lol

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
See. This is what is stopping me from buying a new boat. Don’t have patience for the mess there. may have to keep just going to South cove which sucks but not that bad as Havasu. At least I am in the water. May try temple bar this year

Lumpy

Reaction score
Roughly less than 49% in the U.S. work now. 51% + are living off you and I.

MeCasa16

Reaction score
I worked 100 hours in 2020 and am not currently scheduled to go back until October of 2022. Covid has been great 👍🏻 🤣

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
its All overtime say goodbye to that soon maybe a retirement letter is in the mail

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I've been "working from home" for 13 years now. And by working from home I mean boating, paddle boarding, sitting by the pool and day drinking whenever the hell I want.

nowski

Reaction score
Everyone must have been at work this past Tuesday because the channel, lake or river was a complete ghost town. Did I forget to mention it was a little breezy...