WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Does Havasu really want or need Spring Breakers!

westair

Reaction score
I feel bad cause I talked my son and his friends from NAU into coming to havasu for spring break instead of Mexico. I think they had 12 people, gave the house key to my son …. he's a pretty responsible guy. They had a couple good days but yesterday got pulled over at random on the water (rented toon) and of course they had a dd driver …. but still the cops searched them and all their things before letting them go …. kept em there for awhile. Not that big a deal but then same thing happened later when they're playing volleyball at the beach in the channel …. cops pull up and stop em in the middle of a game …. had them line up checking ID's and searched their things again! …. so after this they just said fuck it and went back to the house and hung out there, some left and went back to NAU last night. Oh well I tried

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
With the volume of police presence it sounds like they do not want spring breakers. Last year my son and friends found that it was rather light in the number of kids. Funny thing is that a little drama went down while we were at the Nautical having a lunch and a few drinks. A couple of kids trying to use fake I.D.s and the like at the Turtle Bar.

bk2drvr

Reaction score
Too many people in Havasu now so it’s heavily patrolled by law enforcement. Spring Break or not. There have just been too many issues, many discussed on this site. Like so many places that used to be carefree and laid back have now turned into what I call “managed fun”.

While it was great you tried to hookup your kid and his friends maybe next year suggest Powell which is only a few hours from NAU and they wont have to worry about all the dragnet stuff. It’s still the Wild West up there on Powell....and with boat rentals and lodging.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I wasnt there so i dont know the why but stopping a volleyball game to perform a search of individuals belongings would have had me on the phone with an attorney. Thats seriously messed up.

The on the water search is a safety inspection. They open a purse or a bag and that also would have had me on the phone with an attorney.

Sorry it ruined your kids trip. It was pretty cool of you to give him the house and saved those kids a ton of cash.

Sounds like leo is out there to make sure these kids dont come back which is a shame.

JD D05

Reaction score
Too many people in Havasu now so it’s heavily patrolled by law enforcement. Spring Break or not. There have just been too many issues, many discussed on this site. Like so many places that used to be carefree and laid back have now turned into what I call “managed fun”.

While it was great you tried to hookup your kid and his friends maybe next year suggest Powell which is only a few hours from NAU and they wont have to worry about all the dragnet stuff. It’s still the Wild West up there on Powell....and with boat rentals and lodging.

Funny thing I have been pulled over in Powell 3 times and never in Havasu. But I am in Powell way more. Last year we were surfing on a buddies boat sitting on the back hatch. They roll up and give us a big song and dance over carbon monoxide poisoning etc but it was just a drinking check. The AZ side is worse for the cops than Billfrog. All my other times in Bullfrog it was for no registration tags but they were always really cool.

Motor Boater

Reaction score
I was at the nautical a week ago for 4 straight days. For the life of me I can’t understand why the nautical inn would want the spring breakers there. They didn’t spend any money there. Nobody at the pool bar, nobody at the turtle, nobody eating in the restaurant. They all hung out in front of their rooms and drank their own booze. They were bringing in Taco Bell and other fast food to eat. At night they would go to Kokomo’s. Seems like a lot of liability and damage to the hotel rooms for a few hundred dollars of revenue. Our room was $119 a night.

Reaction score
3 weekends you can get away with just about anything. Memorial Weekend, 4th of July (if it falls on a 3 day weekend), and the Labor day weekend. The odds are in your favor.
The Snowbirds are still in town, and Havasu does not want them to scare them off early, with spring chickens. :)

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Just curious, what was the reason or probably cause for the search during the volleyball game?

Glass bottles? What were they doing that wasn't ok?

Brian

I feel bad cause I talked my son and his friends from NAU into coming to havasu for spring break instead of Mexico. I think they had 12 people, gave the house key to my son …. he's a pretty responsible guy. They had a couple good days but yesterday got pulled over at random on the water (rented toon) and of course they had a dd driver …. but still the cops searched them and all their things before letting them go …. kept em there for awhile. Not that big a deal but then same thing happened later when they're playing volleyball at the beach in the channel …. cops pull up and stop em in the middle of a game …. had them line up checking ID's and searched their things again! …. so after this they just said fuck it and went back to the house and hung out there, some left and went back to NAU last night. Oh well I tried

westair

Reaction score
Just curious, what was the reason or probably cause for the search during the volleyball game?

Glass bottles? What were they doing that wasn't ok?

Brian
No glass , but I'm sure they had their cooler of beer. Just a random check for underage drinking. I think it was the way they came upon them rather then just politely asking to see their ID

Springfield

Reaction score
Making 15-20 arrests a day, social media will assist in killing spring break in Havabrew.

Shortdeck

Reaction score
Havasu recently hired 4 recruits out of the academy and are always looking for officers that wanna make a lateral movement. With that I’m sure comes the justification on why Havasu needs more police. Kinda sucks if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
You guys have been screaming for years that have to sue is closed. Dunno what you're bitching about....

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
We've been coming to Havasu for over 30 years and have now lived here for 6 years. I'm sure there are exceptions, but for the most part we've found Spring Breakers to be a good bunch of kids, trying to have a good time. Feel bad for them when the weather sucks. I'll take them any day over a restaurant full of loud, yelling, pushy Snow Birds acting like they own the place. And that doesn't even include the Snow Bs driving, parking and attitudes in our grocery stores. Snow Bs may be good for the economy. But, do they have to be so overbearing, zoned out and angry?

Punks dumping their trash in a parking lot and trying to start fights in the Chanel . . . I agree, screw em. But, fortunately they do not seem to be the norm.

Last edited:

TCHB

Reaction score
We've been coming to Havasu for over 30 years and have now lived here for 6 years. I'm sure there are exceptions, but for the most part we've found Spring Breakers to be a good bunch of kids, trying to have a good time. Feel bad for them when the weather sucks. I'll take them any day over a restaurant full of loud, yelling, pushy Snow Birds acting like they own the place. And that doesn't even include the SB's driving, parking and attitudes in our grocery stores. SBs may be good for the economy. But, do they have to be so overbearing, zoned out and angry?
I like seeing the young people out having a good time before work starts. Yes I do think it helps Havasu!!! Last week there were at least 10 of them in Chico Tacos with bags of clothes from the shops in the same center. I have also lived here full time now for almost 6 years and feel Havasu is very dependent on tourist dollars from every direction.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
No deal need for them here, they don’t spend the money like the blue hairs or boaters do. I had the rangers go bust a bunch of them for dumping all of their in n out trash on the ground in the Windsor lot. Fucking disrespectful punks, fuck them.

I was nice and asked them, come on guys pick up your trash, got a bunch of bs. These are same kids that I’m sure wouldn’t be overly concerned if they hit my trailer while being parked next to it.

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
How many folks have a criminal or civil attorney on speed dial? SMH

Taboma

Reaction score
Spring break will never be like BEFORE sonny bono killed palm springs
Unless there was a spring break resurgence in the 80's, I personally watched Palm Springs, spring break die ( or take it's last gasps) by 1970.
During the late 60's spring break was out of control in PS, I know I share a bit of the blame :rolleyes: :p.
You couldn't even drive into a hotel/motel parking lot after dusk without crushing a 1,000 empty littered beer cans and broken bottles. Swimming pools and hot tubs, filled to capacity with drunken kids and empty cans and bottles.
Thousands of breakers lining the main drag each afternoon as an endless procession of cruisers crawled in both directions. The locals all hiding in their homes from the drunken brawls.
Citizens screamed for the carnage to stop, the cops responded with mass patrols and brute force. Within two years spring breakers were no longer welcome in Palm Springs. Shortly after, I was married and the long arm of the Army had snatched up my ass, my spring break days were over. :(

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
By 89 it was over.

I was there a couple of years, 90 & 91. Still fun times could be found. Riding a street bike was helpful in finding women. At the red lights many times someone would be willing to go for a ride around the block. Would go out there for a Saturday and stay out until Sunday evening and crashing at someone’s house you didn’t know.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
It was pretty wild in Palm Springs in the mid 80's. We went for a few years 85-87 and it was wild. Hotels full, streets full, drunken kids everywhere. By 89 it was over.
The Westward Ho Motel, or whatever it was called, was the Epicenter. LOL. First place i ever saw (and tried) a two story beer bong.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Palm Springs had a resurgence in the 80's. They Bono banned G-Strings. The death nail was the helmet law. Before the helmet law, you would have 20 bikes between every lane of cars at every stoplight.

Shane54

Reaction score
I wonder if all the searching of personal items has anything to do with the neighboring states legalization of marijuana?

westair

Reaction score
I wonder if all the searching of personal items has anything to do with the neighboring states legalization of marijuana?
Good point, they assume everyone from Ca or NV must be carrying some ….. anything to make an arrest

Taboma

Reaction score
Palm Springs had a resurgence in the 80's. They Bono banned G-Strings. The death nail was the helmet law. Before the helmet law, you would have 20 bikes between every lane of cars at every stoplight.

Found this pic of some Palm Springs, spring break riot from 86' --- holy sausage fest :eek: Apparently the last straw kinda deal.
At least in the late 60's there were girls :p

1986 PS.jpg

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Found this pic of some Palm Springs, spring break riot from 86' --- holy sausage fest :eek: Apparently the last straw kinda deal.
At least in the late 60's there were girls [emoji14]

View attachment 738891
My buddies rented a C Class motorhome to take down in 86. It got thrashed. That wouldn't be hilarious if that was them in the pic. LOL. I can't see any of them well enough to recognize anyone.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
There's been a few good spring break destinations in the area - Balboa, Palm Springs, Havasu etc. Balboa and Palm Springs don't need that revenue. Havasu does. Just don't like seeing the kids going to Mexico. That can turn real bad. Once went to Ft Lauderdale for spring break. Not good. We were in our early 20s and most of the crowd looked like they were about 14-17. IMHO - Balboa was once one of the best.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
The Westward Ho Motel, or whatever it was called, was the Epicenter. LOL. First place i ever saw (and tried) a two story beer bong.

Is that the same place where Robert Downey Junior got popped?

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Is that the same place where Robert Downey Junior got popped?
I don't know. What did he do? I'm not familiar with it

I only remember him breaking into someone's home and sleeping in their kids bed.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Back when hair was big, not the women. :D

Yes. I went to spring break in Palm Springs in 1989 & 1990. In 1991, I went to Palm Springs for a half the time, then went to Havasu for the 2nd half. In 1992 I was going to do the same thing, but Palm Springs sucked so bad that I only stayed for one day. Then off to Havasu. 1993 I also went to Havasu.

There was a big change between 1991 and 1993 in Havasu with the way the houseboats worked. In 1991 and 92, you bought a wristband and went on whatever houseboat you wanted, switched boats whenever you wanted, and drank off the kegs on whatever boat you were on. It didn't matter. By 1993 you had to buy a wristband for a specific houseboat and they didn't want you on the other houseboats, and you could only drink beer from the houseboat your wristband was from.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I think the Spring Breakers in Havasu only benefit a small part of the business establishments. The rest of town would rather do without them.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Back when hair was big, not the women. :D

This video is pure genius boner maker. Love it.

I never got to experience Spring Break :( Graduated HS, went to community college for a year or so then joined the Army. However, sitting in a mud hole next to my battle buddy with sleet coming down at 3am in January in Ft Benning is almost as good as the times shown in that video. :D

Dana757

Reaction score
So why is profiling a kids age ok but not wether a person is in the country legally ?
It's not ok to profile kids that aren't visibly doing anything wrong if you ask me. It doesn't sound like the OP liked his kids and friends getting profiled.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
"I rememba....back in tha day when I was just a littl chitlin....."

You guys are getting old fast.....lol

Meaney77

Reaction score
I remember heading to Havasu back when MTV was there....

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You guys have been screaming for years that have to sue is closed. Dunno what you're bitching about....

I always heard them saying Parker is closed.. that got so out of hand for awhile I actually had Parker tourism call me to see if I could make it stop.

Back when WOT was renting part of my shop Kyle came in one day and said “I know it’s a joke... but is it really closed?”

People think it’s hilarious but they don’t realize small towns like Parker and ultra small businessss that rely on tourism really don’t think it’s that funny at all. Especially when you get enough people repeating it that people start to think it’s true.

You’d laugh your ass off at some of the calls I have had over the years. There was a picture of a giant anaconda or some shit with a diver next to it and a caption that said spotted In Lake Havasu channel.

I probably got 30 phone calls over that asking if they caught it yet. I had some grandma from the Midwest saying her grand children was out here and she was legitimately scared shitless. It was kind of sad at the time and no matter how many times I told her it wasn’t in Havasu and it was just a joke on the internet she couldn’t wrap her head around it. She saw a pic and text and believed it to be true. I laugh about it know because I still can hear the anger in her voice when she was saying “Did they catch that god damn thing yet!”

RD

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I always heard them saying Parker is closed.. that got so out of hand for awhile I actually had Parker tourism call me to see if I could make it stop.

Back when WOT was renting part of my shop Kyle came in one day and said “I know it’s a joke... but is it really closed?”

People think it’s hilarious but they don’t realize small towns like Parker and ultra small businessss that rely on tourism really don’t think it’s that funny at all. Especially when you get enough people repeating it that people start to think it’s true.

You’d laugh your ass off at some of the calls I have had over the years. There was a picture of a giant anaconda or some shit with a diver next to it and a caption that said spotted In Lake Havasu channel.

I probably got 30 phone calls over that asking if they caught it yet. I had some grandma from the Midwest saying her grand children was out here and she was legitimately scared shitless. It was kind of sad at the time and no matter how many times I told her it wasn’t in Havasu and it was just a joke on the internet she couldn’t wrap her head around it. She saw a pic and text and believed it to be true. I laugh about it know because I still can hear the anger in her voice when she was saying “Did they catch that god damn thing yet!”

RD

The piranha movie had the same impact, I met folks that actually took that movie as factual, how in the world could you think that to be the case?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We've been coming to Havasu for over 30 years and have now lived here for 6 years. I'm sure there are exceptions, but for the most part we've found Spring Breakers to be a good bunch of kids, trying to have a good time. Feel bad for them when the weather sucks. I'll take them any day over a restaurant full of loud, yelling, pushy Snow Birds acting like they own the place. And that doesn't even include the Snow Bs driving, parking and attitudes in our grocery stores. Snow Bs may be good for the economy. But, do they have to be so overbearing, zoned out and angry?

Punks dumping their trash in a parking lot and trying to start fights in the Chanel . . . I agree, screw em. But, fortunately they do not seem to be the norm.

This is almost exactly like I feel. It seems like things have changed the last couple of years.. most these kids seem kinda “innocent” for lack of a better word.

I’d see more of them picking up the trash for fear of a pigeon or a seagull chining in it than throwing it on the ground. Lol

That said it comes in waves.. Sometimes there’s good crowds and sometimes there’s rougher crowds. I have no idea what determines that but since SWAT (party group) left things seem to be much improved with the quality of people.

When SWAT was here about five years ago was pretty bad. We drove down to LBR to drop Hammer off because he wanted to go party. He jumped out of the truck and didn’t even make it to the door of Kokomo’s and got jumped.. the kids surrounded our truck as we were driving out of the parking lot and it was getting pretty sketchy. Stacy was pregnant and I told her if it gets weird just push the gas pedal and keep pushing them out of the way or fucking run them over and we will deal with it with the cops. They ended up moving as we started driving forward.

I remember no Butt no putt got jumped a couple times by spring breakers as well.

Fuck SWAT. That whole crew sucks, and the amount of drugs that show group was on was surreal.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The piranha movie had the same impact, I met folks that actually took that movie as factual, how in the world could you think that to be the case?

It’s pretty mind blowing when ya think about it.. lol. And some of these people have money! Like real money.