WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Does your boat define you? I bought another boat.. lol

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
You think I flip a lot of boats? Just outta curiosity, which ones have I flipped?

I bought a Hallett 340, while I had a 270.. I said which ever sells first I'll keep the other one. I had that 270 for four + years I think? Other than that, I bought a little ski boat when I was in a wheel chair.. Stacy went out on it once and said it wasn't for us.. Sold it for about the same price I bought it for.

Where's all this shit I'm flipping? LOL

RD

You haven't reached "Flipper status" quite yet. Buy sell buy sell buy sell is accurate. 😅

gotpablo

Reaction score
So I click on this thread and Fuck yeah I have seen a boat like that before my neighbor has one. Dave just purchased a Boat that looks just like my neighbors. Till I realize my neighbor sold his boat. He was supposed to tell me before he sold it because I really wanted those headers off of that big block Chevy. From what I can remember he’s only had it for a year or so and it had a fresh rebuild right before he purchased it. And I’ve witnessed him for hours on end in the driveway work on that thing just to clean it up and get it to where it is now. With that being said Dave if you re-power that thing allow me to pick up those headers off of you for a friend. My vote is to keep it and run it. Put another one in the fleet

SodarSki73

Reaction score
That's my nextdoor neighbor's old whaler. The maroon interior was done to match his sailboat. He used this whaler as a dinghy until about 10 years ago when he got a new RIB. He built and owns Southend Storage in Havasu, so that's probably how the boat ended up out there. I'll have to show him this post...

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Bass Pro ‘Vegas this morning.

‘Toons and Tri Toons priced from the low $30’s to the high $80’s.
On most the lower cost models 200HP upgrade option $6k. Not bad IMHO.
0C01DC61-271A-4DCC-A85D-B5B441AEF74D.jpeg
3A618D48-F063-4765-A9F0-F2D54A7FB816.jpeg
4F27F846-D116-49C6-8FCA-2F0EAD96D3C1.jpeg
FAE35D15-2B7A-4691-9A9F-1D1604C69839.jpeg
BA242AC9-7ADA-43E8-9296-8EB32AD1FA6E.jpeg

Supercharged Merc 350 a good running OB.
I’ve done enough ‘toonin to want windshields on our next buy.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So I click on this thread and Fuck yeah I have seen a boat like that before my neighbor has one. Dave just purchased a Boat that looks just like my neighbors. Till I realize my neighbor sold his boat. He was supposed to tell me before he sold it because I really wanted those headers off of that big block Chevy. From what I can remember he’s only had it for a year or so and it had a fresh rebuild right before he purchased it. And I’ve witnessed him for hours on end in the driveway work on that thing just to clean it up and get it to where it is now. With that being said Dave if you re-power that thing allow me to pick up those headers off of you for a friend. My vote is to keep it and run it. Put another one in the fleet

I don’t think this thing has a big block in it.. been so busy I haven’t even checked it out uet

SLT Kota

Reaction score
My boat doesn't define me, it defines how cheap I am 😂

I've had some form of a "Fuck it" boat for years and LOVED every one of them, there is nothing like having a boat you don't care about.

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
I was thinking about this thread last week while floating on Spirit Lake in Idaho in my FILs 30 year old Sea Swirl. That boat is clapped out, with dock rash and bruises, ripped interior, and mechanical problems, but they (we) have had a lot of good memories in that 19 foot boat. I could not help but smile at the absolute mess that boat was when we stepped onto the dock for dinner and I looked back into what that days activities had done to the interior.

It was pretty relaxing floating and cruising for a couple days on board that old boat. Toss the beer cans in the ski locker, pass around a couple bags of chips, spill dip and throw shoes, ice chests and towels where ever they land. The outside of that boat has not been wipped down in 20 years, it has a permanent bathtub ring, the interior was cleaned this week by Angie and my daughter for the first time in forever.

Zero fucks given made for a pretty stress free experience.

That boat does define my FIL. Hes been boating for 45 years or more. He is at a point in his life where he does not give a shit what people think. A jumper box, a half dozen tools, a decent couple ropes, a can of starter fluid, and a full cooler of beer is all he needs to insure a good day of boating.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I’ll do that myself.. I’m not scared of wet sanding and buffing, I have done it many times.. lol.
Ihave some left over props from the small block IO's I ran... find out what you have now,... might have one you need.... i'm thinking if some one took the time to up grade the power and put high power manifolds that it's a 350???? otta run pretty strong