Does your boat define you? I bought another boat.. lol

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

RIVERBORN

Reaction score
This one would be a great fuck-it boat..

just having those mcculloch engines would be cool. Little bit of havasu history.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If it were me I would probably put a supercharged 600 hp small block in it with a B3 XR drive. Just because I can.
Dose that define me? Maybe, I am a bit schizophrenic.

Forgot to tell ya.. you look bored in retirement so I picked up a project for me and you to do at the shop as well.. lol. (No I’m not joking)

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

zhandfull

Reaction score
Wouldn’t be caught dead in that boat twenty years ago. Now days, yeah I would own it. Lol… There comes a time in life when you don’t give a shit what others think. Might be a tough flip, enjoy it.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Super cool! Run it like you stole it....

A nope on the mexi treatment from me, some tunes and a service and go!

I'd rather see cheap seating material than that scratchy crap lol!

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Forgot to tell ya.. you look bored in retirement so I picked up a project for me and you to do at the shop as well.. lol. (No I’m not joking)

RD
I'll touch base with you next week. Anxious to hear about this new project.

Dkahnjob

Reaction score
The ad stated 488 MerCruiser, but the 488 Mercruiser is a 4 cylinder engine that is Mercury's engine and uses a 460 Ford Cylinder head and it fresh water cooled.
But the picture shows dual exhaust so I would assume that it has been re-powered with a V-8. That would definitely be a big improvement.

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
Perfect channel cruiser. And the windshield will block all of the super soakers. I have always admired the boaters that are smart enough to buy anything that runs and floats on a budget. Like I have always said "At the end of the day they are all just giant floating coolers". Njoy

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Perfect channel cruiser. And the windshield will block all of the super soakers. I have always admired the boaters that are smart enough to buy anything that runs and floats on a budget. Like I have always said "At the end of the day they are all just giant floating coolers". Njoy

Shame everyone here and on the water does not see it that way.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Boating is a life style not a status symbol.
This right here.
Had a lot of fun in a Sea Swirel cuddy over the years.
351w and I think an OMC outdrive.
6 adults a couple kids a couple dogs, fishing gear, etc.
Would pull a skier or knee ski just fine.
Had a glass windshield.
And a complete wave crusher😎
Handled hard days at Mead just fine, found it’s way to Catalina a time or two 😉

Joe mama

Reaction score
I remember Phebus buying some old cool boat with a windshield. Channel cruiser. Name from the past. Nice to see Dylan is still lurking.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The ad stated 488 MerCruiser, but the 488 Mercruiser is a 4 cylinder engine that is Mercury's engine and uses a 460 Ford Cylinder head and it fresh water cooled.
But the picture shows dual exhaust so I would assume that it has been re-powered with a V-8. That would definitely be a big improvement.

What ad said 488? Not for this boat?

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Bow rider.
Sbc.
Fishin' bötè.
Lazy kayakers.
2022-8-6.18.22.jpg

Dan'l

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Party disclaimer notice .... watching UFC so getting a bit tuned up and decided to have an RDP checkin.... lots to unpack with your postings & thread here Dave. Couple observations:

The RDP community loves you and what you've accomplished here and we don't give a fuck what you drive on the water.... gonna love ya regardless. I will however say I struggled with pontoon aquisition but am 63 and continue to work in keeping my ever closing mind open to all things and not judge people.

I think this Whaler is bitchin and you should fix er up and sell her to Tankster for his teenage boy to have running around his islands. [See earlier thread.] I see a lot of Cig in those stern pics

Tank

Reaction score
Party disclaimer notice .... watching UFC so getting a bit tuned up and decided to have an RDP checkin.... lots to unpack with your postings & thread here Dave. Couple observations:

The RDP community loves you and what you've accomplished here and we don't give a fuck what you drive on the water.... gonna love ya regardless. I will however say I struggled with pontoon aquisition but am 63 and continue to work in keeping my ever closing mind open to all things and not judge people.

I think this Whaler is bitchin and you should fix er up and sell her to Tankster for his teenage boy to have running around his islands. [See earlier thread.] I see a lot of Cig in those stern pics
We’ve already discussed. I/O kept in the salt water full time? Ain’t gonna work. Plus, I want a CC

Whalergtx

Reaction score
Welcome To the forum!! Glad we got another gtx on here.. I think I’m really gonna enjoy running this thing.
Thanks RD, it’s been a lot of fun already and only got it a week ago, I think putting a V8 in them is a great idea, so far she’s given me 42knots and looking for more.

Reaction score
It's not about the boat. Family moved to LH in 1968 and purchased a Glastron Tri-hull. Great memories from that boat. Small by today's standards, but would still work perfectly fine on calm, smooth days.

Attachments

• 1A4DB707-3AF3-44BC-8D28-003B77FD8D49.jpeg
    1A4DB707-3AF3-44BC-8D28-003B77FD8D49.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Dkahnjob

Reaction score
A rare one for sure, never seen one and never knew they made them, seems CML Group was testing different markets.
This is the ad I saw, must have been a different, but similar boat.
Sorry.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Is this the tug boat for your barge?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
How is this even a question RD? Judged by your boat??🙄
Guarantee we all have had a thought about a person based on what they drive, ride, fly, wear, eat, drink.....you name it. There otherwise would not be the saying "keeping up with the Jones' "
Difference being is you have those that treat you in a manner as to how they envision you to be & drink your beer or those that don't give a fuk & share their beers with you.

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
So Dave when does the Alcantara leather and the Ls motor go in? I'll come over and watch the rebuild and even bring the CL's...

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Weirdly as passionate about boats as I always have been I never really let a boat define me, or define someone else to me.. I hang out with guys with flats, v drives, outboards.. big turbo stuff, blown shit, naturally aspirated.. cats, flats, pontoons, open bows, closed bows, even whalers and fish rigs.

Will you judge me if you see me in it? Will you still be my friend? Lol

Everything we do is a reflection of who we are. Yes, your boat, car, house and even your dog selection plays a part in defining who you are. Hanging out with yuppies, cool people, drunks and even out boarders only means that you hang out with those people.

As far as the whaler, I think it elevates your Mouzer/2Forceful status. Buy sell buy sell buy sell. Whatever fills your used car lot I guess.... :)

RIVERBORN

Reaction score
Lol. Initially reading the post, does ur boat define u…. I said. Shit. I have a magic, BUT!!! It’s a 29 wizard. Not as common. Lol. And no I don’t wear a flat bill.

LB247XS

Reaction score
Fuck it let the haters talk !! Put on your CAPTAIN HAT and roll out with it 👍👍👍

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
View attachment 1144231 We picked this unmolested Hydroswift Landau up for harbor cruising, I’m not sure if it defines me but I like it a lot.
That’s badass! Love to launch in the afternoon, cruise, get dinner, cruise some more, hit the ramp about 10 pm.
Best was eating and I was watching the fog roll in. Pretty soon could even see the guest dock from the restaurant. We leave then the rest of our group is like , oh shit what are we going to do? Lol

HST4ME

Reaction score
Last edited:

Yoshiro

Reaction score
Buff it out and enjoy it!

Then in the meantime start piecing together a SBC 383 stroker for it. Then your accessories can be swapped over. An alpha drive can live behind that power in a small boat like that.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Everything we do is a reflection of who we are. Yes, your boat, car, house and even your dog selection plays a part in defining who you are. Hanging out with yuppies, cool people, drunks and even out boarders only means that you hang out with those people.

As far as the whaler, I think it elevates your Mouzer/2Forceful status. Buy sell buy sell buy sell. Whatever fills your used car lot I guess.... :)

You think I flip a lot of boats? Just outta curiosity, which ones have I flipped?

I bought a Hallett 340, while I had a 270.. I said which ever sells first I'll keep the other one. I had that 270 for four + years I think? Other than that, I bought a little ski boat when I was in a wheel chair.. Stacy went out on it once and said it wasn't for us.. Sold it for about the same price I bought it for.

Where's all this shit I'm flipping? LOL

RD

j21black

Reaction score
No drive guard? At least upgrade the trailer.....