WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dog fences.

NeverSatisfied

Reaction score
What is a good invisible fence for a larger property? Most I see is 150' perimeter but I'm needing a bit larger.

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
What is a good invisible fence for a larger property? Most I see is 150' perimeter but I'm needing a bit larger.

The hazard with the invisible fences is that if your dog makes the connection that running at a full head of steam, they can leap through the RF line with a quick shock and be free to roam. That's what my dog did, and the invisible fence was a complete waste of money. Now he's on "the runner" at all times when outdoors.

RCDave

Reaction score
My old dog was the same. He learned if he ran fast enough, he wouldn't get the collar correction.

Vertical bar wrought iron....

Rexone

an ordinary American
Reaction score
6 foot block wall and paint some native scenery on it.

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
Pretty much what they said. "If" your dog heeds the collar they're ok but pretty short range. We got one at Tractor Supply, about $400 with 2 collars, works ok but the area isn't as big as I would like. I found one online in 7-800 range that was wifi with a much larger area, but was too cheap to do it lol. Mine obey the collars for the most part, and I can shut it down for a week or so at a time, if the mutts get down to the road again I plug it back in for a couple days to remind them. Google wifi dog collars.

flat540

Reaction score
My dog used to do the same thing,,PetSafe makes a large breed collar that takes a 9v battery with 5 level settings, he doesn't bolt thru it anymore,Puts his dick in the dirt..

toto

Reaction score
We have 2 acres and the Petsafe is the way to go. You can block areas off or just close in the property. Look at the Petsafe Model PIG00-13661