WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

dog to vet

mobldj

Reaction score
took my black lab to the 24 hour vet in mennifee.xlnt service.i was there almost 8 hours tho.covid,emergency animals coming in.they even have a pet ambulance.lots of hurry up and wait.ended up she might have cushings disease.more tests ( 900.00 and thats why i have pet insurance ! ) shes 10 and i want more years from my gal.you sit in numbered spots and they come out to you.your not allowed to go in with your pet. bummer is car next to us with hubby and wife and 2 kids came in with a husky.husky never made it. they were all sobbing and i told them im so sorry .lady says that what you get when you love a animal that goes before you.they all did get to go in and say goodbye. hug your pet .we dont deserve them.

mobldj

Reaction score
my eva.jpg

PlanB

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this. Our dog has been sick since early July and has been going to several different locations for various treatments. He is getting radiation treatment everyday this week, and all the locations have various COVID crap in place. It sucks having a sick dog and not be able to see the doctor in person. We have had an internist, oncologist and ophthalmologist working on our dog that we have only talked to over the phone. One of the specialty vets won't even let you in to use the restroom. The whole situation sucks, and IMO the animals are suffering due to the lack of personal contact between the owners and the pets. Rant over...

Good luck to your dog.

ETA: Pet insurance is the only way to go. We are at almost 20K on treatments and pet insurance covers a good portion. I would not have an animal without it anymore.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Hope your pup will be OK.

Anybody have a link to some pet insurance companies? Who do you use and how much is it? Never had it for mine and they are getting old now

mobldj

Reaction score
mine is aspca,3 dogs 90 a month

PlanB

Reaction score
Hope your pup will be OK.

Anybody have a link to some pet insurance companies? Who do you use and how much is it? Never had it for mine and they are getting old now

$220.00 a month for two Pit's (8 & 10 years old). $200.00 deductible with 90% payout minus some stuff they don't cover. They have different plans and they have been very good about covering everything they are supposed to.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

$220.00 a month for two Pit's (8 & 10 years old). $200.00 deductible with 90% payout minus some stuff they don't cover. They have different plans and they have been very good about covering everything they are supposed to.

$110. per pup per month? hmmmm....I will check it out. Thanks

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
@mobldj Sure hope your sweet gal will be ok. Our last dog had cushings and lived a full life. It made her thirsty for the most part.
Our little (Hannah) 20201110_102658.jpg girl now is suffering from perhaps LarPar or a collapsed trachea. She intermittently has a cough that almost makes her gag. Horrible to hear/listen to.
Thousands of $$ for tests and they still can't tell us anything with certainty ☹
I've always described and associated her symptom to someone who suffers from aspiration. Other than the cough and gagging she acts normal.
Crazy stuff that continually tugs at your heart strings.

mobldj

Reaction score
@mobldj Sure hope your sweet gal will be ok. Our last dog had cushings and lived a full life. It made her thirsty for the most part.
Our little (Hannah) View attachment 948377 girl now is suffering from perhaps LarPar or a collapsed trachea. She intermittently has a cough that almost makes her gag. Horrible to hear/listen to.
Thousands of $$ for tests and they still can't tell us anything with certainty ☹
I've always described and associated her symptom to someone who suffers from aspiration. Other than the cough and gagging she acts normal.
Crazy stuff that continually tugs at your heart strings.
my grandpa dog had lap par,i know the sound.terrible.operating doesnt even guarentee a fix.wishing the best for your pup

Socalx09

Reaction score
Prayers for your pup. Hope it’s manageable with meds. Dogs are just the best.

Went through this with the family’s lab that was 10 a few months ago. The dog never had a vet bill in his life besides yearly check ups so we didn’t bother with pet insurance. The smaller dogs have it. Well 15k later, Hunter is still here. Completely healthy now and fixable with surgery, but since it was an emergency surgery with multiple days of pre and post op, it added up. We split it up 4 ways so it was easier to swallow, but 7 days and 15k was tough. Plus, once you commit to saving the dog, it’s hard to figure out where the line ends on when you finally say no to after you spent thousands in figuring out what was wrong in the first place. It also doesn’t help that they tell you the dog will most likely be saved with surgery which gets your hopes up and the estimate comes in 30 mins later lol. He’s a very happy dog again.
8827D2F6-26DB-41C6-B1ED-19908C2ACF24.jpeg