WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Doge coin

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
DOGE is up 90% after hours right now....

I don't own it at all.....

Yes, it started as a joke. People will buy anything I guess

For those of you that bought it good luck and I hope you make lots of money. My problem is I would be dropping thousands into it if I bought it....ya, can make a lot but can lose those thousands quickly as well

beerrun

Reaction score
The way I see it everyone on here could probably lose a hundred bucks and it wouldn't hurt them but if this thing does what they are thinking by end of summer then you all can buy me a beer😁😁

gqchris

Reaction score
It sucks that Coinbase wont trade it, because I hate Robinhood and its bullshit it pulled a few months back. I am pretty Heavy in BTC. Cant explian how XRP is still pulling. I dumped it at .93 cents a few months back and made 2k before their SEC suit was announced. Fuck if I know why these shit coins go big.

IMG_4154.jpg

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
My client stopped in with his 9 year old son to pick up their tax returns. His son tells me he bought $250 of Doge at .01 and sold it at .45 yesterday. Banked $11,000. 🤣 🤣

I told him he's gonna have to pay me to prepare his tax returns next year. He wasn't too happy about that. Fucking 9 years old. 😂

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
My foreman is in one of theses he’s over like 135 k + me the old guy cash and walk look for something else or 🤔 him - Fuck off 😂 ok kid 🤣

JSquared

M31
Reaction score
Been part of a good group recently. With coinbase going IPO on Wednesday the bets are on RUNE, XTK, and the big boy SNX. This is a whole different world and DOGE proves it. There is a shit ton of money being spent that would normally be in the stock market, but be careful with DOGE. Not to say I don’t have my 5k shares though.

78Southwind

Reaction score
My client stopped in with his 9 year old son to pick up their tax returns. His son tells me he bought $250 of Doge at .01 and sold it at .45 yesterday. Banked $11,000. [emoji1787] [emoji1787]

I told him he's gonna have to pay me to prepare his tax returns next year. He wasn't too happy about that. Fucking 9 years old. [emoji23]
Just curious, I have read that you can pick LIFO or FIFO in regards to taxes when selling off and that staking rewards is taxed like dividends. Is that your understanding as well?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

78Southwind

Reaction score
I don't think you actually own the coins on Robinhood. Last I heard you couldn't transfer anything off their site.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Should have bought more at the .20 dip this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STV_Keith

Reaction score
I was watching XRP and had a few grand in. It moved up 2 weeks ago and when it hit 0.83, I moved my money out thinking it was going to dump and I could re-buy in lower. So far that hasn't happened, but when I moved my money out, I moved it into Doge because it had been fairly stable, was cheap and heck, Musk had talked about it. XRP kept going up, so I left my $ in Doge and then the movement happened. I'm pretty happy with almost 20k in there today, but going to ride it out and see what happens. I read there's supposed to be a big push to go towards $1/coin tomorrow (4/20 dude). We'll see.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Purchased my first stocks yesterday hope this Doge wagon continues on.

My father was never an investor to my knowledge but when he retired at age 44 in 1976 he dropped 30k on Walmart and Pepsi...when my step mom passed in 1999 the stocks value was at $865k...

Ct5

Reaction score
I can’t read these threads anymore. I sold 32000 shares of dogecoin for .045 after buying in at .008. Bailed completely out of Robinhood when the GME deal happened and never bought back in on another platform. I can’t believe it’s really up to .40! I hope it runs tomorrow for y’all.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
It sucks that Coinbase wont trade it, because I hate Robinhood and its bullshit it pulled a few months back. I am pretty Heavy in BTC. Cant explian how XRP is still pulling. I dumped it at .93 cents a few months back and made 2k before their SEC suit was announced. Fuck if I know why these shit coins go big.

View attachment 992937
That’s my question:
Bitcoin has a set number.
How does infinity of something hold value?
Kind of like liberals printing money: a fall out happens at some point.
Enjoy

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
That’s my question:
Enjoy
Right? In a year they’re going to “release “ another billion? Maybe the day after might be a good time to go back in?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Oppose...

Looks like today is the punchline!

Screenshot_20210420-093755_Chrome.jpg

Reaction score
For the XRP owners that took the snap shot for the drop on the Spark (FLR) token, those are trading as IOU's for $2 each. Will be interesting to see what happens when the network goes live later this year.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Short-term gains are added to your regular income and subject to your ordinary income tax bracket. ... In additional to short-term trading profits, cryptocurrency interest income, staking income, mining income, airdrops and hard forks are taxed as ordinary income subject to following rates.

Make sure you are setting aside that 38% off the top line if you are a somewhat moderate earner income wise...

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I've got a friend of mine that just went into crypto currency like 2 months ago. He bought like $20K of mining equipment on credit cards. He has one PC system with three nVidia GPUs going full tilt (a 3090, 3080 and 3070), and two systems that were purpose built for mining that each cost like $8K a piece. He just cleared $23K last month so he got his money back on the initial cost to buy in and paid off his cards. I don't recall what coin he is into. But he got most of his systems from China. His electric bill went from like $120 per month to over $600 per month. He wants to expand the setup at home but he can't exceed like $800 per month on the electric bill at his house or he has to have some kind of corporate account with the power company.

Also, he does the coin wallet thing where his coins go straight to his online wallet. Sometimes he runs them through a currency exchange and deposits the real dollars to his bank.

I do know its a heavy hit on the capital gains tax to make money like this. He indicated he had some way around it but wouldnt go into deals. I'm not dumb, I'm sure it has something to do with offshore banks.

His expansion plans revolve around buying a rack in some data center somewhere where the electricity is the cheapest (Vancouver I think) and filling it full of mining equipment. He just pays for what he uses resource wise and it just runs in a nice cool data center.

Anyhow, I think its crazy but its definitely a get rich quick deal if you know what you are doing and what to mine for. Can the value plummet? Sure, but then you just go mine something else. I think the initial investment in equipment is the real issue, once you have it, it will make you money regardless of what you point it at.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
I looked into mining a few years ago when there weren't a ton of mining operations like there are now. Seemed like the blockchain gets harder and harder to prove with time, so your hardware gets "outdated" or outpaced in short order. In the end, I decided not to do it.

78Southwind

Reaction score
I've got a friend of mine that just went into crypto currency like 2 months ago. He bought like $20K of mining equipment on credit cards. He has one PC system with three nVidia GPUs going full tilt (a 3090, 3080 and 3070), and two systems that were purpose built for mining that each cost like $8K a piece. He just cleared $23K last month so he got his money back on the initial cost to buy in and paid off his cards. I don't recall what coin he is into. But he got most of his systems from China. His electric bill went from like $120 per month to over $600 per month. He wants to expand the setup at home but he can't exceed like $800 per month on the electric bill at his house or he has to have some kind of corporate account with the power company.

Also, he does the coin wallet thing where his coins go straight to his online wallet. Sometimes he runs them through a currency exchange and deposits the real dollars to his bank.

I do know its a heavy hit on the capital gains tax to make money like this. He indicated he had some way around it but wouldnt go into deals. I'm not dumb, I'm sure it has something to do with offshore banks.

His expansion plans revolve around buying a rack in some data center somewhere where the electricity is the cheapest (Vancouver I think) and filling it full of mining equipment. He just pays for what he uses resource wise and it just runs in a nice cool data center.

Anyhow, I think its crazy but its definitely a get rich quick deal if you know what you are doing and what to mine for. Can the value plummet? Sure, but then you just go mine something else. I think the initial investment in equipment is the real issue, once you have it, it will make you money regardless of what you point it at.

I was watching a CPA talk about mining and he said that mining is like any other business and you have to pay regular business taxes and both sides of the payroll tax. I thought well that sucks...lol I am still trying to find out if staking crypto is taxed like property or dividends.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
That’s my question:
Enjoy
Unlimited supply of Doge is not the problem. Plenty of good crypto projects have unlimited supply......Ethereum is a good example. The difference between the two, however, is that Ethereum supports the entire DeFi ecosystem along with thousands of other apps. There are thousands of developers in paid employment working on Ethereum and the projects built on Ethereum. ETH value is based partly on what the network is actually doing and/or producing.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
That’s my question:
Enjoy

That’s why Bitcoin is the 800 lb gorilla in the crypto space.

If the founders of a coin can print all they want, even for just themselves...I’m out.

It’s at the point where even government entities are accepting Bitcoin payments. I don’t know if that’ll happen with all the rest, but I Hess we shall see...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Unlimited supply of Doge is not the problem. Plenty of good crypto projects have unlimited supply......Ethereum is a good example. The difference between the two, however, is that Ethereum supports the entire DeFi ecosystem along with thousands of other apps. There are thousands of developers in paid employment working on Ethereum and the projects built on Ethereum. ETH value is based partly on what the network is actually doing and/or producing.
Understood if there is “production”

A “meme” has no production linked to it from what I’ve read.
I’m all ears if that is not the case?

motormonkey

Reaction score
That’s why Bitcoin is the 800 lb gorilla in the crypto space.

If the founders out a coin can print all they want, even for just themselves...I’m out.

It’s at the point where even government entities are accepting Bitcoin payments. I don’t know if that’ll happen with all the rest, but I Hess we shall see...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
At one point, the US government was the largest holder of bitcoin. Still might be.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Understood if there is “production”

A “meme” has no production linked to it from what I’ve read.
I’m all ears if that is not the case?
Youre absolutely correct. I was just addressing the unlimited supply aspect of it.

motormonkey

Reaction score
Thought China held 65 percent with a huge mining operation
Most likely now, I thint they were the first nattion to bank it. When the feds seized the founders coin base, they became at the time the largest holder. Been a few years.

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score
I sold my small amount of BTC yesterday at 51/52000. I think the limited supply will end up being a negative thing if you are trying to be the 800lb gorilla in the room. It’s just not cool to own .006 bitcoin and tell everyone at a party that’s how much you own.