WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Don’t let friends borrow your car

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
New update, we agreed on a 4600 price tag and he gets to keep the car. I think it’s an ok deal I’ll be out a grand or so but cost of being friends I guess. Not fully happy but like others said get it and move on. This is just a verbal agreement. Cash is not in my hand yet

Not bad, deductible if you had had insurance on it would have probably been $500 or $1000 anyways.

nowski

Reaction score
Anyone want to set up a pool when the OP has cash in hand or the check clears the bank?

Sounds like the OP is off to a rocky start accepting a verbal agreement over a written one, another bad decision...

DLC

Reaction score
Oh I would definitely send him this thread

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Car is gone, and cash is in hand. Done and over. We are no longer friends by his actions today. His wife and newborn didn’t even get out to say hi to us. The whole thing took 5 min.

As others have said price you pay. So now I am looking for a new car. Who’s got one?

NicPaus

Reaction score
At least you got paid. Have lost many friends that still owe me a lot less and more. People are shady as fuck when it comes to paying what they owe.

One guy I just saw at the sand show. Came to me crying with his gf to borrow 3500 to get his truck out of repo. Doesn't even say hi and bragging to other friend about his new audi. The guy he rolled with still owes me 4k from a job I helped him on.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Car is gone, and cash is in hand. Done and over. We are no longer friends by his actions today. His wife and newborn didn’t even get out to say hi to us. The whole thing took 5 min.

As others have said price you pay. So now I am looking for a new car. Who’s got one?

He clearly was never your friend in the first place.

Better you find out this way, rather than when you Really needed him to be one.

👍🏼

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
I know very few people I would call friends however, I wouldn’t think twice about lending them money. That said, I haven’t been asked In many years.

I did bail out a buddy from the Havasu clink some time back and was quickly made whole.

DLC

Reaction score
Well Dude I’m sorry it came down to that! Really sucks! And it was all on him, your buddy! I guess one of the conversations with your buddy would be how would this be handled if it was reversed …. Really makes you wonder what he told his wife….

It was all because of your buddy’s reckless behavior and his DONT GIVE A fUCK ATTITUDE…..

I personally would call his parents and let them know how disappointed you are in his behavior…..

But that’s just me!

Fuck that guy

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I already sent him an ad for a 93 Lexuit ES300 with 67k miles. Fresh battery and timing belt and it looks like no one had ever even sat in the leather seats. They were asking $4900. Exterior looked perfect and appeared to be garaged for 28 years.

If he does not buy it, we are no longer friends. :)

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I already sent him an ad for a 93 Lexuit ES300 with 67k miles. Fresh battery and timing belt and it looks like no one had ever even sat in the leather seats. They were asking $4900. Exterior looked perfect and appeared to be garaged for 28 years.

If he does not buy it, we are no longer friends. :)
Hahaha

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
You should at least go look at it. If you can get it closer to $4k, that’s a decent deal and much more comfortable than a Corolla or Civic that is 10 years newer.

Because it is older, you can tow more with it too.

Riverryder

Reaction score
where did the 5.5k value come from?
i have a 2007 honda accord coupe that i daily I'm willing to let go of with 150k.
if the civic is worth 5.5k mine should be worth 7k?

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score

That $4600 will make a good down payment on a 22 Civic. I picked up a new EX sedan about a month ago and I think it’s the best Civic Honda has ever made. The 1.5T puts out just shy of 200 HP and gets 40 MPG. I’m loving mine.

Attachments

• 308A6127-E68A-4B92-9E5A-BB426A465C2F.jpeg
    308A6127-E68A-4B92-9E5A-BB426A465C2F.jpeg
    457.3 KB · Views: 19

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
That $4600 will make a good down payment on a 22 Civic. I picked up a new EX sedan about a month ago and I think it’s the best Civic Honda has ever made. The 1.5T puts out just shy of 200 HP and gets 40 MPG. I’m loving mine.
I don’t want a car payment lol
where did the 5.5k value come from?
i have a 2007 honda accord coupe that i daily I'm willing to let go of with 150k.
if the civic is worth 5.5k mine should be worth 7k?
google the value. Not what KBB says

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well Dude I’m sorry it came down to that! Really sucks! And it was all on him, your buddy! I guess one of the conversations with your buddy would be how would this be handled if it was reversed …. Really makes you wonder what he told his wife….

It was all because of your buddy’s reckless behavior and his DONT GIVE A fUCK ATTITUDE…..

I personally would call his parents and let them know how disappointed you are in his behavior…..

But that’s just me!

Fuck that guy

Call his parents? What’s that gonna do?

DLC

Reaction score
Let em know they raised a piece of crap ! I’m sure the old friend will make up some shit and blame it all on BPracing….

He said he’s know him for ever!

Call his parents? What’s that gonna do?

Riverryder

Reaction score
@DLC
So you want a grown ass man to call his grown ass friends parents to tell them he isn’t a good guy?
Hahaha okay Karen! Don’t think that’s going to solve anything