WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Don’t let friends borrow your car

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
My best friend crashed my commuter this morning. Uggggg I got that car for free too.

eff me

434549A7-0694-4DAB-9B93-C06548A521B5.jpeg
731ED3F5-2CB3-4C4E-9F21-CA6F922F5912.jpeg

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
is it a manual?

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
Everyone has a different definition of "Friend." I have a lot of acquaintances, family all over the place, but very few Friends.
My old joke is if you receive a call at 3am asking for $1K cash and a shovel and you don't reapond without thinking, "What else do you need?" (Knowing they would do the same for you) the caller is not a feiend.

Last edited:

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Yep he needs to me make it right lol. He was racing on romona expressway this morning. Being dumb

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
I was debating how to answer this when it first showed up this morning. I would be slightly annoyed at it getting damaged, but a real friend will make it right. That simple. Could be a defining moment for being a "friend". Some people I will loan stuff to, others not so much.

707dog

Reaction score
leave it out front ill come get it for free and leave you some beer on the porch, only thing i can say is your boy had zero respect for you or that car... hope he makes it like new for you.

* have my really good friends fully built 68 Chevelle sitting in my garage for the next week or so, built LS3 and a full tank told me take it out if you get bored. shit i wont even back it out of the garage cause i cant afford to replace it

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Yep he needs to me make it right lol. He was racing on romona expressway this morning. Being dumb
That is what would piss me off the most. You don't drive a borrowed car like you stole it. You baby that car.

Which is why I don't like loaning stuff out. I also don't like borrowing anything...not even a lawn mower.

Sent Using Tapatalk

SoCalDave

Reaction score
PFFT, duct tape that hood down and get to work! 😁

traquer

Reaction score
I did something similar to my track car last year. I bought the used hood and panels and control arms on CL, and my body guy did the rest for $1800 I believe.

Make him track down the used parts and cash to fix. Or just have him call his insurance..

Before and after

miata before.png
miata fixed.png

Reactions: DWC

nowski

Reaction score
He is fine. I am more pissed because this was a single car accident. He was racing around so 100% avoidable

I can't find my reading glassed anywhere, maybe you can help me out. My vision is a tad blurry but are those drag slicks on the front end???

2Driver

Reaction score
The more I look at it, I think that thing is gonna be totaled.
Agreed, and why go through his (owners) insurance, it will penalize him even more.

I’d take it to a really good shop with the friend and his credit card. Charge his card up front after the shop did an extremely though estimate. Just hope he has at least a 10k open limit on his card.

DLC

Reaction score
Just for the record!! It wasn’t me !!

lol
dude you just got that car and it was a nice driver….

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Hahaha he wanted to borrow my truck since I daily drive the civic and truck is used for the river. I said no way you will crash it like you did yours. That should have been my sign. I have known this guy for 20 years since freshman year of HS. He was my my best man at my wedding and I was his. Funny story in high school I t-boned his thunderbird (1990’s t bird) in an el pollo loco parking lot. We had both had our DL for less than a month at that point lol. Maybe this is payback for that. I did get it fixed tho through insurance.
He crashed every car he has owned too. Should have been my second sign.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Ramona Expwy is not a road I would want to be racing on. I see bad accidents on it all the time.

Feelin Nauti

Reaction score
Agreed, and why go through his (owners) insurance, it will penalize him even more.

I’d take it to a really good shop with the friend and his credit card. Charge his card up front after the shop did an extremely though estimate. Just hope he has at least a 10k open limit on his card.

in most states Insurance follows the car not the driver. Remember that when you loan out anything with insurance on it as its going to affect your insurance rating not the other driver. If OP doesnt have collision coverage then he can check to see if the other driver can use his insurance for collision as a non owned car under that drivers policy. but if OP has collision coverage he's SOL and drivers policy will not come into play unless for some unknown reason excess insurance is needed but rarely happens on a property damage only claim

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
in most states Insurance follows the car not the driver. Remember that when you loan out anything with insurance on it as its going to affect your insurance rating not the other driver. If OP doesnt have collision coverage then he can check to see if the other driver can use his insurance for collision as a non owned car under that drivers policy. but if OP has collision coverage he's SOL and drivers policy will not come into play unless for some unknown reason excess insurance is needed but rarely happens on a property damage only claim
this is what i am scared of