WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Don’t worry everything is fine.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
So it’s no secret I’ve been looking at getting a new RV for damn near a year. I sold when I thought prices were topped out but they kept going up up up.
I tried to buy a few and got literally no where.
Offered 70k for a Genesis 3016 fifth wheel. No call back.
Offered 54k for a Torque 287 bumper pull got literally laughed off the lot.
Offered 48k for a Genesis 27FS they refused to counter offer.
Last few months they all keep calling me constantly.
Hmm wonder why....

satellitemike

Reaction score
Hold out a few more months and you will be running the show with the stealerships!

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Why not finance truck through a credit union and buy the trailer outright?

Interest rates are better on the truck.
If the world goes to shit you don’t need an RV but you will need a truck.

Unless we get out of hand the RV should be a bit less than the truck and I can pay it off quicker. And we aren’t buying unless we get a great deal. After this October trip we don’t need an RV until spring time. So we will probably rent for this 1 trip. Then use my little enclosed for riding trips all winter.

FCT

Reaction score
Pull the trigger yet? I’m in the market and just keep seeing price reduction’s. I want one now but it’s hard to pull the trigger when pricing is dropping as fast as it is.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Pull the trigger yet? I’m in the market and just keep seeing price reduction’s. I want one now but it’s hard to pull the trigger when pricing is dropping as fast as it is.

We are all over the place.

Really like the thought of a travel trailer fifth wheel. But double towing to get the kids bikes out riding will likely get old and the small holding tanks will suck.

Fifth wheel Toyhauler is what we should buy but 50-60k is allot of money.

The kids are in soccer, basketball, gymnastics so finding time to go is getting harder.

With prices still high and interest rates going up. With the lack of use it just don’t make sense.

Planning on just day trips riding this winter with my little enclosed and see what happens early next year.

amberkiza

Reaction score
I want one now but it’s hard to pull the trigger when pricing is dropping as fast as it is.

Last edited:

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I found a few decent deals last night but one is in Vegas the other way in az.

Don’t need it be bad enough to drive that far to find out if they are worth it.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
I found a few decent deals last night but one is in Vegas the other way in az.

Don’t need it be bad enough to drive that far to find out if they are worth it.
In Vegas if you want eyes on it.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
In Vegas if you want eyes on it.
Thanks. But I think time is on my side. I have 1 trip planned next month. Other than that I don’t need an RV until 2nd quarter next year.which will be about the time dune season is over. Which I think will flood the market.

Here is why. Allot of people bought 20 and 21. They are probably just about ready to sell but dune season is about to start. So they are probably thinking to keep it just for this season and won’t wanting let it sit all next summer.

Just a guess

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
People who paid/financed way too much for cars & trucks, are realizing they’ll be upside-down forever and are walking from their loans at a disturbing rate.

The same will happen to RVs, methinks.

Time is definitely on your side.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Inventory is stacking up at the dealers around socal... it's only a matter of time?

but w/ inflation & rising rates... will the NET total change much 🤷‍♂️

probably should sell mine, but desert season is around the corner....and I am really looking forward to it.