WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Done with your shopping?

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I'm so freaking busy I am not finished yet. Ordered some off amazon, but need a few more things. Slow work day so I'll sneak out soon for a few stops around town.

My wife buys everything she needs so shopping for her is difficult. I'm like, baby... stop buying stuff in October and just give me the list! LOL.

Singleton

Reaction score
I'm so freaking busy I am not finished yet. Ordered some off amazon, but need a few more things. Slow work day so I'll sneak out soon for a few stops around town.

My wife buys everything she needs so shopping for her is difficult. I'm like, baby... stop buying stuff in October and just give me the list! LOL.

good luck.
I finished yesterday. Spent more time waiting in line to get into stores then actually shopping.
Stupid CA laws, limit capacity at retail only shops (excludes those essential businesses). Customer capacity at Bath & Body Works was 9. Hansen’s in Encinitas was 20. Total PIA

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Yep all done kids got cash wifey got a new saddle Brest colar halter new phone perfume I can’t remember everything , me got Hellcat 9 mm , Rugar 556 1000$ worth of ammo 👍 to dam cold to go shoot 😫😫

Last edited:

nameisbond

Reaction score
Mine was easy, just had to buy a gift for my twelve year nephew. We have a rule in my family, we don't buy gifts for adults. We buy dinner at a restaurant instead. Christmas we split the bill. Birthdays, the birthday person picks any restaurant.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Done with the shopping. Wife's pretty easy, as long as there's some thought put into it, I'm good. Last year was a stone firepit in the back.
Maybe I was just such an asshole for years anything is an improvement?

Kids stuff is boxed, but not wrapped. Last night had to build box to put an arcade game in! Gonna suck to wrap!

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
We're keeping it very simple this year so just a few little things for one another..first time in our almost 35 years together I didn't hang lights outside(probably 1st ever actually) nor did we put up a tree.
Oh wait, our Havasu has a few lights strung up...ding, ding.. winner.😆

TOBTEK

Reaction score
Finished at 7-11 last night for stocking stuffers [emoji106]

Adjustments.jpg

Think our daughter will be pumped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
The good and bad thing about living at the river, there is no where to shop. I have some stuff ordered that isnt coming today. Not much I can do about it now. Normally I’d have some Christmas guilt right now and hit Costco or the mall for some last minute shit. I probably saved a thousand bucks today. [emoji23]

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Did most of it online this year. Did stockings and last min things at target. Wasnt too bad. I shop fast when it’s just me. When the family goes out in one, seems to be a day long adventure

TOBTEK

Reaction score
Tried to do some shopping at the local outdoor chichi shopping center in Carlsbad for the Mrs. Almost every store had a 30 minute line to get in to even browse. I did it once, one sweater and a gift card I was out. F that!

2Driver

Reaction score
Did most of it online this year. Did stockings and last min things at target. Wasnt too bad. I shop fast when it’s just me. When the family goes out in one, seems to be a day long adventure

Did the exact same thing

Hate to give so much biz to amazon but it shows up in 2 days. other stuffed ordered 9 days ago wont make it.

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
Yup! Husband & I made a deal, 2 gift maximum and I only see 2 gifts he wrapped for me 😣. I got him several small things so he’s not gonna be happy 😳. Thinking I’ll put them all in one great big bag?? Won’t that count as one?!🤣

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Yup all done. Did allot of stuff on amazon. Went to the mall for the wife. All the wrapping is done. Just going to be us at home this year. Kind of looking forward to it! Not having to run around on xmas eve and make a big dinner of everyone on xmas day.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Nope....didn’t even start. Wife bought herself an IPad this week and I am getting on a plane tomorrow to buy a Yukon for the wife In AZ or CA. Been throwing thousands to our son’s business for a few months now. Everyone go what they need. 👍

fmo24

Reaction score
Partner and I decided thirty years ago no gifts. We both participated in sports so our money went there. I waterskied and other half played softball. So equipment and travel to tournaments cost. Takes some of the specialness of Christmas out of it. Never had kids so that plays into it as well.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Just hit Sam's club again for the final round. Nieces, Nephews and my Guys kids all got more than double what they got last year. Costco and Sam's covered majority of it. Had to hit Target for the X box stuff.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
The wife and I have been married for 43 years, so we agreed to stop buying for each other years ago. If we need something we will get what we need but no large purchases. The focus is on my son, his wifey great DIL, and our 4 grandkids. Also my family quit buying for each other years ago including nieces and nephews. We buy something for my mom, so long story short we are finished with shopping. Funny thing though we tell my mom don’t buy anything for me or my wife, her response is don’t tell me how to spend my money. Classic at 86 you still say ok mom.

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
I think I finish last month. Wife buys all the gifts including her own. I'm really excited to know what I got her.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
We're keeping it very simple this year so just a few little things for one another..first time in our almost 35 years together I didn't hang lights outside(probably 1st ever actually) nor did we put up a tree.
Oh wait, our Havasu has a few lights strung up...ding, ding.. winner.😆

Me too.. No lights and no tree... I'll do better next year.

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
I had to rethink the wife's gift. It was the correct caliber but I think the wrong weight. Might just be me but, my lunch bag of gingerbread boys had a loose head rolling around in it.

20201218_132941.jpg