WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

don't buy any lumber right now...

Rbcconst

Reaction score
lumbers @ $18 a board ft right now,... it gonna drop to $3.50 by end of summer... all these guys that stock piled wood will be stuck with wood..

You wont see the savings until the stock pile is bought at full price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
18 mil project will go on to 19 mil the rabbit won’t stop

ridebig

Reaction score
I hope your right but inflation is gonna take over. Thanks to liberal spending and over regulation. Again I pray your right!

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Yeah I seen Lumber on the commodities market got the beat down today. Hopefully it keeps going down to Pre-Covid Pricing?
50079146-4CFB-4AA1-8CA5-3BDB1FCB62B5.png

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Good thing I ordered 50K+ board feet three weeks ago. Hopefully I use it all up by the time lumber drops significantly so it doesn't fuck with my head.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
What do you know about steel prices. :p

My steel suppliers are saying there will be no movement downward before the end of the calendar year and there is a chance of another price increase.

The demand for steel is strong and most Mills are at capacity with full order book through the beginning of next year already.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Thank you Steve being that I have the RV starting in the fall. Maybe I have to push it out a bit but then I have to pay taxes on the $$$$$

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Fox Business: Despite lumber price plunge, high prices here to stay: experts.
You have to remember all News Media are paid to sensationalize everything. The house market is based on Supply & Demand. That is what drives home prices not some analyst, lol. The commodities market is a great tool to indicate where the economy is going. If Lumber is one indicator it looks like new housing starts are about to pump the brakes. 👀

Reactions: DWC

RodnJen

Reaction score
Yeah I seen Lumber on the commodities market got the beat down today. Hopefully it keeps going down to Pre-Covid Pricing? View attachment 1025663

Credit analysts that focus on this space have been saying this for weeks. The industry shut down production due to unknowns about COVID. Now they are catching up at the expense of the consumer.

Last edited:

2Driver

Reaction score
Makes sense.

Seems like once the demand backlog gets satisfied and loggers and mills catch up, it should price closer to pre-covid prices

Yoshiro

Reaction score
The loggers Oregon worked through covid, it's the mills that shut down. The loggers didn't get any of this extra $$, the mills are getting it all.

78Southwind

Reaction score
A little off topic here so I will probably create a new thread but here goes anyways. I need a new garage door so I called A & N Garage Doors in Bullhead. It took them two weeks to come out. I got a really good guy to come out and take the measurements. Once I order the garage door, it's going to take 6 weeks to get the garage door.

When I called I had my friends garage door information (same garage door and size) since he got a new garage door back in 2018 from the same company. He paid $593, they quoted me $1,167. I asked them why so high, that the price is almost double what my friend paid three years ago. She blamed it on wood and metal price increases. There is probably less than 2ft of wood needed for mounting of the garage door spring (shit I have a couple 2x4's in the garage they can use). She said that they have had four price increase since 2018 and the last two were with in this year. That seems crazy to me, I mean we're not talking about a 2000 7.3 F-250.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
A little off topic here so I will probably create a new thread but here goes anyways. I need a new garage door so I called A & N Garage Doors in Bullhead. It took them two weeks to come out. I got a really good guy to come out and take the measurements. Once I order the garage door, it's going to take 6 weeks to get the garage door.

When I called I had my friends garage door information (same garage door and size) since he got a new garage door back in 2018 from the same company. He paid $593, they quoted me $1,167. I asked them why so high, that the price is almost double what my friend paid three years ago. She blamed it on wood and metal price increases. There is probably less than 2ft of wood needed for mounting of the garage door spring (shit I have a couple 2x4's in the garage they can use). She said that they have had four price increase since 2018 and the last two were with in this year. That seems crazy to me, I mean we're not talking about a 2000 7.3 F-250.
Took me 10 weeks to get my garage doors in Yorba Linda. Ordered it in Jan. 2021. Glad I got it before the prices went up.