WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

dont get much better

boatnam2

Reaction score
Laguana beach was so nice today,no crowds,85 degrees,clear water,ice cold 12er coors light no life guards.beautiful for october...

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Ain't that place nice.

Always loved it.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Musta been statewide. I remember Laguna Beach being nice as a kid, it is good to know some places in SoCal are still worth remembering.
A touch cool here this am, but the afternoon was beautiful.
The little rain we had last weekend has taken the pressure of the firefighters, still worried but not tinderbox worried.
Our Dogwood trees afe starting to get the fall blush on the leaves, and fall is in the air. Puttin' the boat away tomorrow, we ain't good at boatin' if we can't swim, and the lakes have rolled over and are coolin' off.
I am getting the bug to buy a Rhino or some such thing again, hopefully I can control it fer another year.

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
I've been in my store since 9:30 a:m..........You suck.

boatnam2

Reaction score
i sneaK in RL...Think i might try it again today,hopefully there will be some waves.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Musta been statewide. I remember Laguna Beach being nice as a kid, it is good to know some places in SoCal are still worth remembering.
A touch cool here this am, but the afternoon was beautiful.
The little rain we had last weekend has taken the pressure of the firefighters, still worried but not tinderbox worried.
Our Dogwood trees afe starting to get the fall blush on the leaves, and fall is in the air. Puttin' the boat away tomorrow, we ain't good at boatin' if we can't swim, and the lakes have rolled over and are coolin' off.
I am getting the bug to buy a Rhino or some such thing again, hopefully I can control it fer another year.

Remember the old bearded man that stood on the corner waving to everyone for decades?
Eiler Larson.
A local hotel gave him a free room, and most the restaurants fed him free.
There is a statue of him on that spot now.
a369_1.JPG

When I hit my 90's I wanna stand on a dock in Parker and do the same

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
I do seem to remember that guy.:)
Lots of good memories of bon fires on Tin Can Bach, parties at the Back Bay, riding dirt bikes in the LA river gettin' chased by cops...:D miniature golf at Shady Acres.
As a little kid there was no place cooler than going to Dooley's Hardware and checking out the awesome model Railroad layout they tricked out evn more at Christmas...
Cindy and I graduated in 1976, and I left Long Beach for good about three weeks later. Looking back I think that I left at the right time. Whittier Blvd. was shut down soon after that; Lions was gone, OCIR was doomed, and Nor Cal was still breathing hot-rod.
It still is...

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
I do seem to remember that guy.:)
Lots of good memories of bon fires on Tin Can Bach, parties at the Back Bay, riding dirt bikes in the LA river gettin' chased by cops...:D miniature golf at Shady Acres.
As a little kid there was no place cooler than going to Dooley's Hardware and checking out the awesome model Railroad layout they tricked out evn more at Christmas...
Cindy and I graduated in 1976, and I left Long Beach for good about three weeks later. Looking back I think that I left at the right time. Whittier Blvd. was shut down soon after that; Lions was gone, OCIR was doomed, and Nor Cal was still breathing hot-rod.
It still is...

I never understood the phenomenon nor did my grandparents & dad, (who owned a business on Whittier Blvd, in Montebello @ the time), about crusing it? I get it was to see and be seen, but couldnt they have done that somewhere else, like Firestone Blvd. :hmm

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
I never understood the phenomenon nor did my grandparents & dad, (who owned a business on Whittier Blvd, in Montebello @ the time), about crusing it? I get it was to see and be seen, but couldnt they have done that somewhere else, like Firestone Blvd. :hmm

Well, it was the hot spot for those not up in the valley long before I got my DL in the summer of 75. We drove up from north L.B. to do it. I don't know how a street gets, "selected", or how that tradition started either. Somebody older than me may know.
The summer of 76 was the last one without the "no u-turn" signs.
There were a couple of hot rod shops and Drive-in theaters close by, too. that may have something to do with it.
We went to Bobs Big Boy on Friday night, got a bite to eat, and hit the blvd. looking for girls.
Maybe that is it. Teen age boys looking for teen age girls:D

boatnam2

Reaction score
You surf?

RD

Yea man,well not anymore thinking about doing it again..usally take the boogie boards.believe it or not always had a surfboard in my hand back in the day was even in surf class in high school 4 years.Seems the big thing is softboards these days so i think i can handle that just not to sure about getting in some good surf in my current fitness level i know what can happen for sure.It was pretty big the other day and i got pounded a few times and at that moment i was wishing i had a little more air.