WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Don't mess with Texans

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Or try and invade their home in the middle of the night. 4 perps tried a home invasion in an east Houston neighborhood last night and the home owner killed 3 and put the other 1 in the hospital.....BNAG x a bunch. Not too many details so far.

And I'd bet money the shooter didn't have his toe nails painted or was sker'd a guns.:cool:

Hopefully sends a message. This was the same part of town one of my neighbors who was an HPD Sgt got ambushed in a drug raid and later died a few yeas back.:(

Three men are dead and a fourth was injured after an East End homeowner opened fire in self defense during an apparent home invasion early Saturday, authorities said.

Shortly before 1 a.m., police said, four suspects forced their way into a home on Sherman near 71st, triggering a shootout that left scores of yellow police evidence markers in the street.

One of the alleged robbers died at the scene. Two others fled in a vehicle before hitting a pole two blocks away; one man was found dead in the vehicle, and the other collapsed one block away. He was transported to the hospital, where he died.

Police said the homeowner was not hurt.

Houston Police Department homicide detective Travis Miller said police believe all those involved in the incident are accounted for.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-...after-East-Houston-home-invasion-13546708.php

92 cole

Reaction score
Fat chance of getting away with that in commifornia! GOOD ON THE MAN That did it. I am amazed this happened in Texas! most low life pieces of sh&t know you don't mess with "REAL MEN" In Texas.

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
Like my instructor said, shot placement is far more important than number of shots. A SA 9 standard has 17 opportunities to make things right - 4 issues shouldn't be a problem on your home turf. Homeowner showed true control - hitting what your aiming at.

Old Texan

Reaction score
Gun control is hitting your'e target!!!!!!!
That's what I tell folks that use ratshot to shoot snakes....Just shoot the damned thing in the head with a hollow point. You can't hit 2" targer at 10', you don't need to carry a handgun.:cool:

A couple years back, the wife and I were driving to Houston on the back roads from our home when I saw a coyote running into a pasture. I stopped quick pulled my Ruger MkII 22/45 and popped one at him running and about 50 yards out. Didn't kill him but rolled him with a hit and he got up and kept on.

The wife knows shit about guns and thought it was just a routine shot I make every time but missed.:rolleyes::D

I told her no, it was a great shot with a little luck. Had I had a long gun, dead yote and a routine shot.:p

Old Texan

Reaction score
This post makes me wonder - is my bedside P220 with 6 +1 enough?
That's the scary part. The part of Houston where this happened has some really bad areas and likely more apt to have such incidents.

It will be telling as more information is released.

poncho

Reaction score
That's what I tell folks that use ratshot to shoot snakes....Just shoot the damned thing in the head with a hollow point. You can't hit 2" targer at 10', you don't need to carry a handgun.:cool:

A couple years back, the wife and I were driving to Houston on the back roads from our home when I saw a coyote running into a pasture. I stopped quick pulled my Ruger MkII 22/45 and popped one at him running and about 50 yards out. Didn't kill him but rolled him with a hit and he got up and kept on.

The wife knows shit about guns and thought it was just a routine shot I make every time but missed.:rolleyes::D

I told her no, it was a great shot with a little luck. Had I had a long gun, dead yote and a routine shot.:p

The Coyote Principle

California

* The Governor of California is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A coyote jumps out and attacks the Governor's dog, then bites the Governor.

* The Governor starts to intervene, but reflects upon the movie "Bambi" and then realizes he should stop because the coyote is only doing what is natural.

* He calls animal control. Animal Control captures the coyote and bills the state $200 testing it for diseases and $500 for relocating it.

* He calls a veterinarian. The vet collects the dead dog and bills the State $200 testing it for diseases.

* The Governor goes to hospital and spends $3,500 getting checked for diseases from the coyote and on getting his bite wound bandaged.

* The running trail gets shut down for 6 months while Fish & Game conducts a $100,000 survey to make sure the area is now free of dangerous animals.

* The Governor spends $50,000 in state funds implementing a "coyote awareness program" for residents of the area.

* The State Legislature spends $2 million to study how to better treat rabies and how to permanently eradicate the disease throughout the world.

* The Governor's security agent is fired for not stopping the attack. The state spends $150,000 to hire and train a new agent with additional special training for the nature of coyotes.

* PETA protests the coyote's relocation and files a $5 million suit against the state.

TEXAS

* The Governor of Texas is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A coyote jumps out and attacks his dog.

* The Governor shoots the coyote with his state-issued pistol and keeps jogging. The Governor has spent $.50 on a .45 ACP hollow point cartridge.

* The buzzards eat the dead coyote.
And that, my friends, is why California is broke and Texas is not.

pkbullet

Reaction score
D7B9D132-C10F-4575-8583-74CD3205F835.jpeg
I think 50+1 is enough

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
Randy, 6 is DEFINITELY not enough. My son was on a scene where the perp got hit 6 times by LEO's on the scene, and was still fighting/arguing/spitting on them as they were cuffing him. Now, visualize 4 of them all at once. I keep an extra clip(16) with my "home protection" and i assume i'm going to have to manage 2 issues AT LEAST. Any instructor/tactical will tell you that once you decide to go that route, you have to finish - distracting/discouraging won't be enough. You pay, they'll lie, AND come back. And remember these words - "i can't really remember anything - i was in fear for my life, and i was just trying to stay alive - i want my lawyer". Never say anything else.

Riverbottom

Reaction score

I keep a S&W Governor in my nightstand , But decided to include my Springfield XD so I have 16 more and don't have to reload. I live in a safe area, surrounded by tweakers just a half mile away. You just don't know peoples intentions these days.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
The homeowner didn't discriminate. He shot all four of them.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
The homeowner didn't discriminate. He shot all four of them.
But one of them survived so he didn't shoot them equally. It's def. discrimination, particularly if the dead ones are of a different ethnicity.:D