WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dorner Reward: Who gets it and how much?

U4ia

Reaction score
So what do you think? My two cents worth is that the last one to give a useful tip should get the reward. AFAIK the ranger who was carjacked was the last one to see him and to call the cops. As far as how much, Riverside County has a point, the offer was for arrest and conviction, not suicided in a cabin...... It pays to read the fine print:rolleyes. I also heard that the LA Mayors office made their offer without consulting with an attorney and now some of their donors want out too.

Joker

Reaction score
So what do you think? My two cents worth is that the last one to give a useful tip should get the reward. AFAIK the ranger who was carjacked was the last one to see him and to call the cops. As far as how much, Riverside County has a point, the offer was for arrest and conviction, not suicided in a cabin...... It pays to read the fine print:rolleyes. I also heard that the LA Mayors office made their offer without consulting with an attorney and now some of their donors want out too.

Riverside County pulled their 100K from the table.

Meaney77

Reaction score
I think its all bullshit and there was never a reward. Soon enough each county will be pulling their funds back and their will be some new stipulations that weren't met and no one will get paid.

I think it was all non sense to begin with and their was never a million bucks to give.

Motor Boater

Reaction score
Since no one person was really instrumental in bringing him down why don't they split the money between the families of the fallen officers. I don't think too many people would complain about that...at least publically.

Buoy

Cynical Sarcastic F-er
Reaction score
Why does anyone deserve a reward for just doing the right thing?

rivergames

Reaction score
I believe the couple that called the cops in the house should get part as well as the gun that got held up and told to take his dog

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
Why does anyone deserve a reward for just doing the right thing?

I do agree with you, however if a reward is offered there should be something come out of it. They may find it tougher the next time they have a problem and look to the public for help.

Joker

Reaction score
I bet this thing goes down to 500K, split between 5, 100K a piece, minus taxes = $50K a piece. Guess they better hold off on that remodel.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I do agree with you, however if a reward is offered there should be something come out of it. They may find it tougher the next time they have a problem and look to the public for help.

Yep

Buoy

Cynical Sarcastic F-er
Reaction score

I really just threw that out there as a devil's advocate type thing.

It's a shame to think that we as a society have gotten to a point that we expect compensation just for doing what is right.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
The reward was offered without any fine print. Nothing was specified about apprehension and conviction until be was already dead. There was no way he was going to be able be arrested, even if he gave up and walked out of that cabin he would have been mowed down by a hail of gunfire. He was not going to be apprehended and tried.

They got their man. In fact, it's probably cheaper to pay the reward than it would have been to house him in the jail and go to court. If he went to trial it would be a media circus - how much do you think security, traffic and crowd control would cost on top of the court costs.

Just pay the reward you cheap bastards, you got off cheap.

Last edited: