WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dove hunting 2021

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
I'll be out in Mohave valley again this year. A little worried about all the monsoons everyone keeps posting about.

adam909

Reaction score
I'll be out in Mohave valley again this year. A little worried about all the monsoons everyone keeps posting about.
ya monsoons can move birds around for sure.. I had a great time out in blythe last season.. Hoping to take my 16yr old daughter out this year..

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
ya monsoons can move birds around for sure.. I had a great time out in blythe last season.. Hoping to take my 16yr old daughter out this year..
Awesome. Grew up hunting Blyth. My grand parents lived there and that's where my family is from but we don't have anyone out they anymore.

We started hunting Mohave valley 7 or 8 years ago and have some pretty well.

ltbaney1

Reaction score
Always wanted to hunt more but don’t know anyone that hunts. Would love to tag along with Someone.
im in this same boat, dont know anybody who goes out anymore hunting or fishing and want to do both more. fishing i dont mind rolling solo, but its so long since ive hunted i want to go with someone a little more in the know.

Backlash

Reaction score
I'm with you guys. I hunted here in CA years ago, and spent majority of my time up in D-14 north of Big Bear. None of us ever bagged a deer, but we saw a TON of blaze orange everywhere we went. 😁

My ex father-in-law convinced me to go bird hunting up there. We walked around forever and only shot two birds. Haven't been in about 15 years, but I'm definitely going to get back into it. I miss being out in the woods.

Now if you wanna talk about fishing.....I'm your huckleberry. I'm not a professional by any means, but typically bring home the goodies. 😎

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
I'm with you guys. I hunted here in CA years ago, and spent majority of my time up in D-14 north of Big Bear. None of us ever bagged a deer, but we saw a TON of blaze orange everywhere we went. 😁

My ex father-in-law convinced me to go bird hunting up there. We walked around forever and only shot two birds. Haven't been in about 15 years, but I'm definitely going to get back into it. I miss being out in the woods.

Now if you wanna talk about fishing.....I'm your huckleberry. I'm not a professional by any means, but typically bring home the goodies. 😎
Same boat, used to hunt D12 near the chocolate mountains, some of the group had some luck but I never did. Done d17 a couple of times with the same results. Always had a blast though. I didnt get my Tag this year though but will definitely be Dove hunting.

Backlash

Reaction score
I can't remember how many years it's been since I pulled a deer tag. All I know is, it's been too long. I'm going to have some work done on a gun, and need to pick up a new scope for it.....so I probably won't be hunting this year. If everything goes as planned, I should have the opportunity next year. I would like to try D14 one more time, and then move out east towards the desert for a muley in the upcoming years. Sorry to derail the dove hunting thread! 😁

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
I can't remember how many years it's been since I pulled a deer tag. All I know is, it's been too long. I'm going to have some work done on a gun, and need to pick up a new scope for it.....so I probably won't be hunting this year. If everything goes as planned, I should have the opportunity next year. I would like to try D14 one more time, and then move out east towards the desert for a muley in the upcoming years. Sorry to derail the dove hunting thread! 😁
No worries. Ya can't this year in those zones anyway the drawing is closed. So you have time 😉

ltbaney1

Reaction score

Fresh or salt water fishing? im always game for both, but my gear is skewed heavily to salt.

Backlash

Reaction score
Both! Been blessed with quality fish either in fresh or saltwater. I started a thread a few moments ago, and I'll update it throughout the day. Hoping the yellowtail wanna come out to play! 😎

adam909

Reaction score
speaking of deer.. Last year i tried bow hunting out in blythe.. I was amazed at the amount of deer out there.. Here is a picture of a deer i was chashing out in blythe.
62A7385E-888F-4726-9E86-D9658EC5F97B.jpeg

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
We would dive hunt off of Alamo Rd and the 40 when I was younger. Would love to get out there and do it again one day.