WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dove hunting 2021

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Who's going this year? Opens on a Wednesday so might be a slow one.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
I'll be out in Mohave valley again this year. A little worried about all the monsoons everyone keeps posting about.

adam909

Reaction score
I'll be out in Mohave valley again this year. A little worried about all the monsoons everyone keeps posting about.

ya monsoons can move birds around for sure.. I had a great time out in blythe last season.. Hoping to take my 16yr old daughter out this year..

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
ya monsoons can move birds around for sure.. I had a great time out in blythe last season.. Hoping to take my 16yr old daughter out this year..
Awesome. Grew up hunting Blyth. My grand parents lived there and that's where my family is from but we don't have anyone out they anymore.

We started hunting Mohave valley 7 or 8 years ago and have some pretty well.

dspracing

Reaction score
Always wanted to hunt more but don’t know anyone that hunts. Would love to tag along with Someone.

ltbaney1

Reaction score
Always wanted to hunt more but don’t know anyone that hunts. Would love to tag along with Someone.
im in this same boat, dont know anybody who goes out anymore hunting or fishing and want to do both more. fishing i dont mind rolling solo, but its so long since ive hunted i want to go with someone a little more in the know.

Backlash

Reaction score
I'm with you guys. I hunted here in CA years ago, and spent majority of my time up in D-14 north of Big Bear. None of us ever bagged a deer, but we saw a TON of blaze orange everywhere we went. 😁

My ex father-in-law convinced me to go bird hunting up there. We walked around forever and only shot two birds. Haven't been in about 15 years, but I'm definitely going to get back into it. I miss being out in the woods.

Now if you wanna talk about fishing.....I'm your huckleberry. I'm not a professional by any means, but typically bring home the goodies. 😎

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Rancho Cucamonga
I am in Apple Valley. After the opening we usally try and find a local spot or 2 to hunt in CA. We have had some pretty good luck. I will keep you in mind for sure.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
I'm with you guys. I hunted here in CA years ago, and spent majority of my time up in D-14 north of Big Bear. None of us ever bagged a deer, but we saw a TON of blaze orange everywhere we went. 😁

My ex father-in-law convinced me to go bird hunting up there. We walked around forever and only shot two birds. Haven't been in about 15 years, but I'm definitely going to get back into it. I miss being out in the woods.

Now if you wanna talk about fishing.....I'm your huckleberry. I'm not a professional by any means, but typically bring home the goodies. 😎
Same boat, used to hunt D12 near the chocolate mountains, some of the group had some luck but I never did. Done d17 a couple of times with the same results. Always had a blast though. I didnt get my Tag this year though but will definitely be Dove hunting.

Backlash

Reaction score
I can't remember how many years it's been since I pulled a deer tag. All I know is, it's been too long. I'm going to have some work done on a gun, and need to pick up a new scope for it.....so I probably won't be hunting this year. If everything goes as planned, I should have the opportunity next year. I would like to try D14 one more time, and then move out east towards the desert for a muley in the upcoming years. Sorry to derail the dove hunting thread! 😁

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
I can't remember how many years it's been since I pulled a deer tag. All I know is, it's been too long. I'm going to have some work done on a gun, and need to pick up a new scope for it.....so I probably won't be hunting this year. If everything goes as planned, I should have the opportunity next year. I would like to try D14 one more time, and then move out east towards the desert for a muley in the upcoming years. Sorry to derail the dove hunting thread! 😁
No worries. Ya can't this year in those zones anyway the drawing is closed. So you have time 😉

ltbaney1

Reaction score

Fresh or salt water fishing? im always game for both, but my gear is skewed heavily to salt.

Backlash

Reaction score
Both! Been blessed with quality fish either in fresh or saltwater. I started a thread a few moments ago, and I'll update it throughout the day. Hoping the yellowtail wanna come out to play! 😎

adam909

Reaction score
speaking of deer.. Last year i tried bow hunting out in blythe.. I was amazed at the amount of deer out there.. Here is a picture of a deer i was chashing out in blythe.
62A7385E-888F-4726-9E86-D9658EC5F97B.jpeg

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
We would dive hunt off of Alamo Rd and the 40 when I was younger. Would love to get out there and do it again one day.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
We would dive hunt off of Alamo Rd and the 40 when I was younger. Would love to get out there and do it again one day.
What is dive hunt??? 🤷‍♂️ I've hunted doves for a long time but never heard of that.

lebel409

Reaction score
I'm going out to nyland with a friend and his son...anyone want to join up?
We'll scout tuesday, camp and drink beer, and be ready to bust some dove in the AM.

Groper

Reaction score
The Monsoon's killed it last year. :(

Staying in Wickenburg, hunting South in the Desert & Fields outside of Aguila a beautiful garden city of AZ :rolleyes:
Then Sloan on the second day on our way south yet to another Paradise city in the Desert well at least they have the "Cactus Bar" 😁

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
The Monsoon's killed it last year. :(

Staying in Wickenburg, hunting South in the Desert & Fields outside of Aguila a beautiful garden city of AZ :rolleyes:
Then Sloan on the second day on our way south yet to another Paradise city in the Desert well at least they have the "Cactus Bar" 😁
I'm not expecting a lot this year with the recent storms.

But we will make the most of it.

Good luck on yours man!

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Last year with my pops!

Attachments

• 20210519_105423.jpg
    20210519_105423.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 111
  • Screenshot_20210816-093318_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210816-093318_Photos.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 111

joecfd1

Reaction score
Anyone know of a place in Havasu to buy a C.R.I.T. hunting license? We're hunting Parker (Indian land) for the opener and won't be going down there until Wednesday morning.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Anyone know of a place in Havasu to buy a C.R.I.T. hunting license? We're hunting Parker (Indian land) for the opener and won't be going down there until Wednesday morning.
I don't. But here is there info to call tomorrow and see what they can do.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210829-142929_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210829-142929_Drive.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 59

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Thanks… I think a buddy of mine can pick it up for me with a copy of my drivers license…
That's what we do in Mohave Valley. Just text a pic to someone and they go get them

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Found the birds for tomorrow. Now it's breakfast beers at the pool.

Attachments

• 16304270555651136428115346865957.jpg
    16304270555651136428115346865957.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 72

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
They only sold about 300 this year! Hope that helps get more birds! If not on the indian land where do you head?
Ya I know. I guess they did that last year to but they closed early on 8/31 so we didn't get a reservation license and just rolled the dice and tried to stay on AZ but the map we have is insanely difficult so we were going to lead stupid.

This year me Pops came down from Havasu and got us Reservation license and we have the 2 day AZ license so we are free to roam.

The place we scouted is on the boarder. So if we get checked I'll go e them both lol.

There is a shit load of birds here, way more then expected. Both on reservation band AZ land.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Ya I know. I guess they did that last year to but they closed early on 8/31 so we didn't get a reservation license and just rolled the dice and tried to stay on AZ but the map we have is insanely difficult so we were going to lead stupid.

This year me Pops came down from Havasu and got us Reservation license and we have the 2 day AZ license so we are free to roam.

The place we scouted is on the boarder. So if we get checked I'll go e them both lol.

There is a shit load of birds here, way more then expected. Both on reservation band AZ land.

Where do you get the map?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
When you get your license they give you one bit it BS. A 2 year old could make a better map lol.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
I'm out here in mohave valley scouting around do you mind sharing where you found them, first time hunting here usually hunt in yuma
If he got a CRIT license, then I presume in the Parker area. I suspect you might be able to see if CRIT Fish and Game has anything online showing the legal areas to hunt. My backyard along the river is not, but there are always dove here.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
I'm out here in mohave valley scouting around do you mind sharing where you found them, first time hunting here usually hunt in yuma
Sorry man. I didn't see this until this morning.

Did you find a spot? If not let me know and I'll give you my number and give you a couple spots to check out.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Sorry man. I didn't see this until this morning.

Did you find a spot? If not let me know and I'll give you my number and give you a couple spots to check out.

Im interested to know that spot!

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Im interested to know that spot!

Lol I can't give up all the secrets but if your out here and need a spot I'll help you out. Shoot me a PM.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Yeah we found a spot finally did ok lots of birds out there thanks
Okay good! Didn't mean to leave you hanging man! Glad you guys did decent. There is so many birds here this year

Groper

Reaction score
Well the Sloan to Wickenburg valley was a bust, we maybe saw 2o birds flying in two days the thunderstorms every night were brutal with the fields being flooded even the cattle watering holes lacked birds the lightning around us was so intense we had to get out of the pool :(

IDK it might be time to find another area to hunt. I've hunted CRIT for 20yrs prior to the Wickenburg area and I won't be giving the wagon burners any lic. fee's
I hunted YUMA many years ago and all i've told is that it's Packed with hunters.

So any ideas or input would be appreciated.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Well the Sloan to Wickenburg valley was a bust, we maybe saw 2o birds flying in two days the thunderstorms every night were brutal with the fields being flooded even the cattle watering holes lacked birds the lightning around us was so intense we had to get out of the pool :(

IDK it might be time to find another area to hunt. I've hunted CRIT for 20yrs prior to the Wickenburg area and I won't be giving the wagon burners any lic. fee's
I hunted YUMA many years ago and all i've told is that it's Packed with hunters.

So any ideas or input would be appreciated.
Dam. Sucks!

I did Blyth growing up, never tribal be land since that's where my family is from orginally. I haven't hunted it in by years. I did the yuma thing for a few years and ultimately been in the mojave Valley for past 8 years or so. It's been good.

I know people that do well in inland, and out in Bakersfield.

Sometimes you just have to mix it up and roll the dice