WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dragon Craft Boats

PrimeCut

Reaction score
We bought ours brand new in 1972

Dragoncraftbanner.jpg

harlanorrin

Reaction score
I built Wood Mandella around the corner from Dragon Craft in the late '50s. The molds are now east of Fresno in the foothills, owned by family members.
HARLAN ORRIN

Crackerbox

Reaction score
That thing looks cool. Don't believe I've ever seen one in person. Nice.

PrimeCut

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the Dragon Craft.......here's mine:D!

Wow, that boat looks really familiar. That is some interesting landscape for Indiana......
When is the Donzi going to make it to Mead Tom?

FISHIN SUCKS

Reaction score
Wow, that boat looks really familiar. That is some interesting landscape for Indiana......
When is the Donzi going to make it to Mead Tom?

Maybe I'll just buy that 43ZR down there, then I won't have to tow mine all the way out there:rolleyes:. Oh, wait, I need to find $250,000 laying around to go buy it:D. How'ya doin' Scott? Wondered how long it would take for you to bust me with your boat, haha. Long live the Dragon Craft! Hey, Get this, I was talkin to Bob Leach (owner of Eliminator) last week and I was tellin him about your Dragon, he had a funny story to tell about the owners. I'll have to tell ya some time.

PrimeCut

Reaction score
We are doing good! I think I met Bob once before too, at one of the houses I was working on, this was years ago. He offered me a boat if I went down and did some work for him, but never worked out :thumbsdown

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
My first boat was a 69 Dragoncraft. Bought it less motor and thought i'd having it running by the first weekend. Boy was I surprised!!! But a few months later when I got it going I had a blast in it. I would love to have another flat to f..k around in. I'll try to scan some pictures of it.

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

PrimeCut

Reaction score
Nice Pics!
I don't see to many Dragons around anymore, they are unique. We love ours, can't wait to un-winterize it and get out to the river.

Rich

Reaction score
My name is Rich I'm new here I've own a 1970 Dragoncraft 468 BBC for 9yrs love it,came from Ca.now in AZ.Fort Mohave love the River and Parker I'l try to post pictures of mine,but on steering I tighten cables so theres only a 1'' play from engine stringer boat holes straight .Hope this helps

PrimeCut

Reaction score
My name is Rich I'm new here I've own a 1970 Dragoncraft 468 BBC for 9yrs love it,came from Ca.now in AZ.Fort Mohave love the River and Parker I'l try to post pictures of mine,but on steering I tighten cables so theres only a 1'' play from engine stringer boat holes straight .Hope this helps

Cool! We go down to Needles a couple times a year, we will have to meet up sometime. Ours is a 468 BBC too, we've had it 39 years.

Rich

Reaction score
Sounds good look foward to hooking up,we are leaving for Parker this weekend for a week or so,Talk to you later Rich

PrimeCut

Reaction score
Sounds good look foward to hooking up,we are leaving for Parker this weekend for a week or so,Talk to you later Rich

We were just there last weekend, have fun!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

PrimeCut

Reaction score

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Rich

Reaction score
Nice looking boat looking foward to seeing your setup

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
Anyone ever see a 'pink and blue candy - pearl' one with a blown early hemi in it, around the southwest ? I'd like to fially get paid for my work, 20 + years later......

harperdt

Reaction score
This is probably a long shot but my dad used to have a dragon craft he would take to the river (laughlin/bullhead etc). He said it was prob a 69 or 70 and bought from the showroom about 71 and it was maybe the owners or something but it is VERY distinctive. It has a woman on the bow um I believe topless and called Knockers Up. Anyone ever see this boat? It's probably long gone or been covered but I thought hey might as well ask, would be awesome to find it and maybe buy it.

Rich

Reaction score
sounds good I do want to ask you about your boat is it a true flat if so what degree casale do you run engine placment from transom and what prop size do you run also 2 or 3 blade,I've been working a lot on mine to take a set
I run a stellings 2 blade 11 1/4x15 but I think it gives to much tail lift. Thanks for any infor. Rich

PrimeCut

Reaction score
sounds good I do want to ask you about your boat is it a true flat if so what degree casale do you run engine placment from transom and what prop size do you run also 2 or 3 blade,I've been working a lot on mine to take a set
I run a stellings 2 blade 11 1/4x15 but I think it gives to much tail lift. Thanks for any infor. Rich

We put a 8 degree shaft with a Menkens gear box with a whirlway with a three blade prop. Looks like you still have the factory set up, 12 degree, after about 400hp that will give you to much lift because of the angle, that's why we switched.

NHRAFAN

Reaction score
Here is my friends Dragon Craft at Echo Lodge in the late 80's,,, roach coach parker.jpg

old rigger

Reaction score
The molds showed up at Advantage boats back in maybe '88 or so. I can't recall the guys name but it seems I remember him being a potato farmer from Idaho (?) and he owned or at least had in his possession the molds and over one slow winter we built him a bare hull. Never saw him or the hull again. I have some pics of the hull and molds (split hull mold if I remember) somewhere. It was cool because when I was a kid Dragon Craft was just up Lakewood blvd on Rosecrans.

PrimeCut

Reaction score
The molds showed up at Advantage boats back in maybe '88 or so. I can't recall the guys name but it seems I remember him being a potato farmer from Idaho (?) and he owned or at least had in his possession the molds and over one slow winter we built him a bare hull. Never saw him or the hull again. I have some pics of the hull and molds (split hull mold if I remember) somewhere. It was cool because when I was a kid Dragon Craft was just up Lakewood blvd on Rosecrans.

Cool! That where we bought ours, in Bellflower off of Roscrans. The original owners were a group of firemen, they sold it to a company or group of people around '72 and it only lasted a couple more years. I've heard over the years that the molds where around, last I heard they where in a pasture in central Cali somewhere

old rigger

Reaction score
Cool! That where we bought ours, in Bellflower off of Roscrans. The original owners were a group of firemen, they sold it to a company or group of people around '72 and it only lasted a couple more years. I've heard over the years that the molds where around, last I heard they where in a pasture in central Cali somewhere

I'm have no doubt you're right on the molds where a bouts. For some reason Idaho sticks in my mind but we had several customers from there, one of them a one legged guy that the salesman failed to tell us he had no right leg. Of course we rigged the thing with a right foot pedal and when he came to pick it up he was more than a little pissed. The salesman went into hiding. How do you fucking forget something like that?

I can remember what the guy looked like that brought us the Dragon craft molds but can't recall his name.

Dirt dad

Reaction score
My first boat was a 69 Dragoncraft. Bought it less motor and thought i'd having it running by the first weekend. Boy was I surprised!!! But a few months later when I got it going I had a blast in it. I would love to have another flat to f..k around in. I'll try to scan some pictures of it.

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

I owned this boat from 1980 to 1989. Would love to have it back.