WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Draining the pool with twin 450Rs

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Exactly. They had them pretty buried in the video.

when they are on plane the prop shaft hub is near the surface.

I think they sound good on plane. Those new 300’s sound great like a V8 should.

^^^ Sitting in a pool vs running on plane. I had a cat with 450's do a speed run by me and they sound pretty damn good. Being fully submerged in a pool does not give you the same sound.

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
Itll be interesting to see how a thread started as some "fooling around" in a swimming pool turns into a "twin vs single, car motor vs eggbeater" thread.

Hang on, gotta shake the popcorn pan...

BRB..:D

Riverryder

Reaction score
May as well compare watermelons to wheelbarrows as long as we're at it. o_O

Haha it’s the other eggs beaters and sheep of the egg beaters that are starting this stuff. I just wish people would use there boat like you me and the guy with the big skater and the guys the skater run with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Headless hula

Reaction score
Haha it’s the other eggs beaters and sheep of the egg beaters that are starting this stuff. I just wish people would use there boat like you me and the guy with the big skater and the guys the skater run with.

I had a sterndrive boat once. Spent more time fixing it than driving it.

Bought an eggbeater boat, rerigged it to my liking and have gone boating ever since.

Splashed it for the first time last june with the new 4 stroke "too heavy" verado, and put over 110 hours on it since.

I know people that dont put that many hours on in 3-4 YEARS, much in a season.

Headless hula

Reaction score
FFS... why do all these threads lately end up derailed to O/B vs I/O.. who fuk'n cares as long as your on the water and having fun.
I don't know. What I do know is I enjoy the SHIT out of just going to the ramp and not even questioning that my engine will run.

You are quite aware of my excursions all over the cheddar curtain, lake Michigan, lake superior, and now Arizona.

I have over 1400 miles on my new engine/old boat and I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Riverryder

Reaction score
I had a sterndrive boat once. Spent more time fixing it than driving it.

Bought an eggbeater boat, rerigged it to my liking and have gone boating ever since.

Splashed it for the first time last june with the new 4 stroke "too heavy" verado, and put over 110 hours on it since.

I know people that dont put that many hours on in 3-4 YEARS, much in a season.

Hula you towed the boat across the country and use it! I love seeing that. That’s what it’s about! I know the I/o have down falls so do egg beaters but everyone is being keyboard warriors on the site lately and not using there boats. Yes it’s off season but I still use my boat and so are you! Don’t see you or me trying to put a line in the sand!
Run the boats! I’m still dealing with chapped lips and chapped hands from my last outting but I have memories with me kids and current Sammy maker to make it worth it!

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
O/Bs are finally taking over the performance world for a reason. they are designed and engineered boat specific so I sure see why they are. And I fallow the outboard church (just dont post) and they welcome ANY boat, doesn't matter the motor configuration, to come play with them. BOAT motors(O/B) are the future of the performance all around boating. JMO

Headless hula

Reaction score
Hula you towed the boat across the country and use it! I love seeing that. That’s what it’s about! I know the I/o have down falls so do egg beaters but everyone is being keyboard warriors on the site lately and not using there boats. Yes it’s off season but I still use my boat and so are you? Don’t see you or me trying to put a line in the sand!
Run the boats! I’m still dealing with chapped lips and chapped hands from my last puttin but I have memories with me kids and current Sammy maker to make it worth it!

Lol. I haven't found a downfall on the eggbeaters other than my friends give me shit while riding in my boat. (Their sterndrive boats are in for (repairs). :D

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
That sounds like a damn good reason.

They put 300 cowls on it at the boat show because they don’t want someone with a big check book who doesn’t have experience to back it up to buy one. The average outboard guy can tell the difference between the 300s and 450s without using the cowl so it’s not totally stealth.

Headless hula

Reaction score
O/Bs are finally taking over the performance world for a reason. they are designed and engineered boat specific so I sure see why they are. And I fallow the outboard church (just dont post) and they welcome ANY boat, doesn't matter the motor configuration, to come play with them. BOAT motors(O/B) are the future of the performance all around boating. JMO
Yup.
20190618_100748.jpg

Riverryder

Reaction score
Lol. I haven't found a downfall on the eggbeaters other than my friends give me shit while riding in my boat. (Their sterndrive boats are in for (repairs). :D

Do the maintain then like they should? Run them like they should?

Headless hula

Reaction score
22310.jpeg

I know mine runs like shit. :D

Headless hula

Reaction score
Do the maintain then like they should? Run them like they should?

No idea. I've changed my oil once, and dumped the gear oil once in a 110 hours. Other than that just burned gas.
Not very hard to keep up with routine maintenance on a 4 stroke eggbeater.

Supposedly needs new spark plugs at 300 hours.

Maybe by this fall? :)

attitude

Reaction score
Been waiting for you to try and quote a post of mine on this subject! You claim the eliminator that your dad bought like it’s yours. I’m sure your my age or close to my age(28). But we come from earning my boat and you riding in your dads boat! The title on my boat read my name? What about your boat(your dads)?

A lot of people are financing boats. Most pay cash but a lot are financing. Just like pre recession. It’s a cycle. When the economy’s doing good people feel they can have somethin out of there reach.

Not once have I claimed my dads boat is mine, I always state it is OUR boat. I state that because we have wanted to build this boat since 06/07 when 27 ICCs and 300xs were cool. My dad new what was going to happen with the economy and didn’t pull the trigger. The economy crashed and he lost his job, we as a family struggled through it and I remember at one point buying a pizza that we had to make last multiple days because money was that tight. Luckily everything he owned he paid cash for so we didn't lose the house. Since then he has worked his ass off to get back if not ahead of where he was before the crash. Last year we were lucky enough to be able to design and build OUR dream boat. Did he pay cash? No. Could he have? Yes. Money is cheap right now and you if you know what your are doing you can make enough money with your money to offset the interest on a loan. For a middle class guy that can make a difference for a upper class guy he’ll just pay cash and not care.

Whats funny is you come on here and instigate and as soon as someone comments back you immediately ask what kind of boat they have. When someone has a nice boat then your 1990s-2000s 20FTer your comeback is “the bank probably owned yours and I own mine” some of these guys you are talking shit about have about as much money in props on their boat as your boat is worth. When I pull up to the stop light in my 30k truck that’s paid off and I have a guy next to me in a 300k Mclaren that’s leased does that mean I’m wealthier than him? Fuck no lol

On to your next point. I’m 24 years old, no I don’t own my own boat. Could I afford one? Yes. Could I afford one as nice as my dads? Nope. Could I afford to pay cash for yours? Yup. I’m young with a young family I barely have time to drive my vette let alone go to the river and use a boat enough to justify buying my own. Get off your high horse bud;)

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
I have just came to the conclusion that the people bitchin about them either have not been in or around one set up properly. Or are just jealous and trying to convince themselves that car motor are better because that's what THEY own.

And yes, my boat has a car motor!

Headless hula

Reaction score
I have just came to the conclusion that the people bitchin about them either have not been in or around one set up properly. Or are just jealous and trying to convince themselves that car motor are better because that's what THEY own.

And yes, my boat has a car motor!
I'll give ya a ride in one that's setup "properly". :D:p:p

Edit: (oh, its paid for).....

Riverryder

Reaction score
IMG_0399.png
Adjustments.jpg
lol

On to your next point. I’m 24 years old, no I don’t own my own boat. Could I afford one? Yes. Could I afford one as nice as my dads? Nope. Could I afford to pay cash for yours? Yup. I’m young with a young family I barely have time to drive my vette let alone go to the river and use a boat enough to justify buying my own. Get off your high horse bud;)

You claim the boat to be yours kid. Haha
Take a seat.
No high horse hear. Just seems like everyone is living a pipe dream.

Use the dam boat, yours, your dads, your moms, your brothers anything but don’t talk like you have a horse in any races if you don’t own anything which you always do!

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
I'll give ya a ride in one that's setup "properly". :D:p:p

Edit: (oh, its paid for).....

I have in an and around many that are set up properly since the '80s. As my dad and uncle where into boats as I was growing up. They always got shit from the other guys because of their O/Bs. Like my dad would always tell them, it's a boat not an El Camino(witch was his "hotrod" car at the time). Then they would never say another word as my dad or uncle would fly by them at speed..lol granted theirs, back in the day, where not the most reliable as they alway had them on kill..lol

Also my buddy I roll with, his seems to be to be pretty on point! And always a great time. The look on people's faces as we run our local river at 100+ is priceless. Especially sence alot of the river is deemed "unnavicable" that most jet botes wont run through!

But I look forward to the day I can jump in your boat and go for a cruise. Then sit down, have some beers and shoot the shit!!

Riverryder

Reaction score
No idea. I've changed my oil once, and dumped the gear oil once in a 110 hours. Other than that just burned gas.
Not very hard to keep up with routine maintenance on a 4 stroke eggbeater.

Supposedly needs new spark plugs at 300 hours.

Maybe by this fall? :)

Your not helping my argument hula!!! Take a seat! Haha

Headless hula

Reaction score
Your not helping my argument hula!!! Take a seat! Haha

Easy there young man........:D
(Dusty old prick here) :p

You're only 8 or 9 years older than my son, son..... :cool:

BTW, I'm the KING of asking to not be interrupted. ;)

Riverryder

Reaction score
Dont take this the wrong way... but you seem to one of the few that pipe in and start the whole O/B I/B drama. Do you have any O/B experience? Just askin..

Nope hula offer a rode in his but everyone seems to talk about ob but don’t even post using boats or anything is my arguemnet. I love boats I/o or ob run what you brung is my motto! Don’t talk about it.

attitude

Reaction score
You claim the boat to be yours kid. Haha
Take a seat.
No high horse hear. Just seems like everyone is living a pipe dream.

Use the dam boat, yours, your dads, your moms, your brothers anything but don’t talk like you have a horse in any races if you don’t own anything which you always do!

Our you can scroll up in the thread you screenshotted and see where I claim it to be OUR boat. He paid for the boat I dont have one cent in the boat, but at the end of the day we got to design our dream boat together. Hopefully one day you will get to accomplish a goal with your kids that you guys have had for 15 years. Don’t be afraid to pull the trigger on a goal life’s short.

And as far as use the boat, it has 35 hours on it and was delivered in July and put in storage after the RDP regatta. Believe me we’ve been enjoying it!

Headless hula

Reaction score
Nope hula offer a rode in his but everyone seems to talk about ob but don’t even post using boats or anything is my arguemnet. I love boats I/o or ob run what you brung is my motto! Don’t talk about it.

Its supposedly "winter" out here. Folks are getting cabin fever and posting all sorts of nonsense.

Theres people out boating on the lake every day. I've been here since the 2nd of January and only been out 3 or 4 times. I do however look at the lake at every opportunity. There has not been a single moment of any day where I haven't seen a boat or at least a wake from one.

It isnt wall to wall "performance" boats, but there's a lot of folks out enjoying the shit outta this little lake.
Matty and I dumped out shitboxes in last sunday afternoon and went for a rip. :D
20200112_144733.jpg

Had a blast playing in the wake of the tecopa.:eek:

That tub is out of control.....o_O

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
They put 300 cowls on it at the boat show because they don’t want someone with a big check book who doesn’t have experience to back it up to buy one. The average outboard guy can tell the difference between the 300s and 450s without using the cowl so it’s not totally stealth.

I think the owner was going more for a "sleeper" deal than anything like above..

RD

attitude

Reaction score
I think the owner was going more for a "sleeper" deal than anything like above..

RD
I was hopping that’s what it was because it would definitely be a sleeper as I’m sure that boat will have some great acceleration but according to Jake they were only put on for the show to limit the amount of people who might get the idea of buying a 25 with 450s

Riverryder

Reaction score
Easy there young man........:D
(Dusty old prick here) :p

You're only 8 or 9 years older than my son, son..... :cool:

BTW, I'm the KING of asking to not be interrupted. ;)

Haha at first I was like this guys a dick. But after being here for a while I see your a stand up
Guy!

Are you gonna ever finish that thread about the chickens?

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
Reminds me of years ago when I had my first turbo car.. I remember the, your dumb, why would you build a turbo, turbos are junk,should have used a super charger or a blower. You'll NEVER be able to run with a super charger.. proved it back then.. now 90% of the guys talking shit back then, look under their hood today and well... fuck I thought you said turbos will never work nor surpass the super charger.. so, "is that turbo just just for looks? Cause that will never work"

Riverryder

Reaction score
Our you can scroll up in the thread you screenshotted and see where I claim it to be OUR boat. He paid for the boat I dont have one cent in the boat, but at the end of the day we got to design our dream boat together. Hopefully one day you will get to accomplish a goal with your kids that you guys have had for 15 years. Don’t be afraid to pull the trigger on a goal life’s short.

And as far as use the boat, it has 35 hours on it and was delivered in July and put in storage after the RDP regatta. Believe me we’ve been enjoying it!

You remind me of the privileged kids I grew up with. Get over your shit. Don’t claim somethin as ours unless you have skin in the game.We live in the same city we can discuss this in person if you would like( as adults) I’m not a keyboard warrior.
Tell your dad I said HIS BOAT! Is fuckin titts!!! Congrats to him!

Headless hula

Reaction score
Haha at first I was like this guys a dick. But after being here for a while I see your a stand up
Guy!

Are you gonna ever finish that thread about the chickens?

No. I had it deleted. My train of thought was permanently derailed, and I had to dedicate my time to other things.

I had to say goodbye to my sweetie pie back home.

The thread was originally supposed to tell the tale of having to wrestle with leaving her, home, etc, for warmer temps, etc. It got ran off the tracks (mostly by me) and the thread is gone.

Every once in a while, I can spin a yarn. It doesnt happen often. But when it does, and I dont lose my train of thought, I can be quite the entertaining read....

Sometimes it just fizzles out. :confused:

attitude

Reaction score
You remind me of the privileged kids I grew up with. Get over your shit. Don’t claim somethin as ours unless you have skin in the game.We live in the same city we can discuss this in person if you would like( as adults) I’m not a keyboard warrior.
Tell your dad I said HIS BOAT! Is fuckin titts!!! Congrats to him!

I wouldn't expect you to understand where I’m coming from as you sound like you liked the idea of boating not love the boats themselves. I eat, sleep, and dream boats. I still have the hot boat magazine from a year after I was born that would get read to me for a bedtime story. Boats are my passion. I don’t care if anyone thinks I paid for my dads boat or not, I am proud of the boat because everything you see on that boat has been the accumulation of 15 years of my dad and I coming up with ideas of how we would build it. I love that boat and hopefully one day when he is ready to buy a pontoon I will be able to afford to buy it off him.

As far as privileged nothing has been handed to me besides a good work ethic, I have been working since I was 15 and made my way from a $8 an hour high school punk to a decently successful project manager. In another 4 years maybe I will have the time to use a boat as my son gets older and I can justify buying one so I can please you;)

If you live in Norco pm me, maybe you can stop by so we can settle this “as adults” talk boats, cars, the river. Maybe compare how many titles have our names on them or even dick sizes(yours is obviously bigger because you have a boat):D

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
I could keep up if I had a blower and about 900 hp. Which is an option

which brings us back to OB with two motors and two props turning at a high RPM which are more efficient

Dave, even if you had 900hp blower motor you won't keep up for long. Your oil temp will go thru the roof & whatever outdrive you would need to upgrade to will not like 40-70 miles spinning that blower motor 5000+ rpm. You would kill us for the 1st 3-10 miles then all the twin outboards would fly by unless you wanted to kill your blower motor and/or outdrive. I speak from financial knowledge with my 25 Daytona with a big block. Just being honest

Riverryder

Reaction score
I wouldn't expect you to understand where I’m coming from as you sound like you liked the idea of boating not love the boats themselves. I eat, sleep, and dream boats. I still have the hot boat magazine from a year after I was born that would get read to me for a bedtime story. Boats are my passion. I don’t care if anyone thinks I paid for my dads boat or not, I am proud of the boat because everything you see on that boat has been the accumulation of 15 years of my dad and I coming up with ideas of how we would build it. I love that boat and hopefully one day when he is ready to buy a pontoon I will be able to afford to buy it off him.

As far as privileged nothing has been handed to me besides a good work ethic, I have been working since I was 15 and made my way from a $8 an hour high school punk to a decently successful project manager. In another 4 years maybe I will have the time to use a boat as my son gets older and I can justify buying one so I can please you;)

If you live in Norco pm me, maybe you can stop by so we can settle this “as adults” talk boats, cars, the river. Maybe compare how many titles have our names on them or even dick sizes(yours is obviously bigger because you have a boat):D

Hahahaha

Headless hula

Reaction score
Hahahaha

Last week I wish someone would have grabbed me by the arm, and said put the internet down, you've read enough for one day. Instead I put both feet in my mouth and embarrassed myself.

Shit happens, we all say dumb things from time to time. Once in a while we all go off the deep end and say things, or write things that are in the "heat of the moment" or just "venting".

Whatever your situation, I suggest you take a deep breath, put the internet on hold till tomorrow and have a go at it in the morning when things have a little different light.

It's the internet.

We're all "RIGHT", at least in the moment when we are reading and responding to what others have written.

I've met Sooooooo many members of this forum. To hear their voices and words in person puts so many posts into perspective.

Take a breath. Take a break.

Its really easy to hear others posts written in too many different "contexts" to get their "voices" skewed......

Just my opinion.

:)

EDIT: car böte motors suck......:D

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I know. Quarter miles. Quarter miles. :D:p

You can get an oil cooler. But not the drive.

Dave, even if you had 900hp blower motor you won't keep up for long. Your oil temp will go thru the roof & whatever outdrive you would need to upgrade to will not like 40-70 miles spinning that blower motor 5000+ rpm. You would kill us for the 1st 3-10 miles then all the twin outboards would fly by unless you wanted to kill your blower motor and/or outdrive. I speak from financial knowledge with my 25 Daytona with a big block. Just being honest

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
I know. Quarter miles. Quarter miles. :D:p

Sadly your outdrive wouldn't like that either. Once again, ask me how I know......
I loved our 25 Daytona with 735hp & 748 lb/ft of torque. The sound & acceleration was incredible.

Headless hula

Reaction score
Last week I wish someone would have grabbed me by the arm, and said put the internet down, you've read enough for one day. Instead I put both feet in my mouth and embarrassed myself.

Shit happens, we all say dumb things from time to time. Once in a while we all go off the deep end and say things, or write things that are in the "heat of the moment" or just "venting".

Whatever your situation, I suggest you take a deep breath, put the internet on hold till tomorrow and have a go at it in the morning when things have a little different light.

It's the internet.

We're all "RIGHT", at least in the moment when we are reading and responding to what others have written.

I've met Sooooooo many members of this forum. To hear their voices and words in person puts so many posts into perspective.

Its really easy to hear others posts written in too many different "contexts" to get their "voices" skewed......

Just my opinion.

Someone remind me of this post the next time I lose my shit over something dumb please....:confused:o_O:oops:

JayBreww

Reaction score

It's the internet.

Just my opinion.

Noted for future knockitoffmoment

Riverryder

Reaction score

Thanks for the kind words and advice. I’m good I haha because it’s exactly what one of the privileged kids I grew up
With would say with there new trucks in high school.

But I get it I might have struck a cord and upset him in a way I’ll leave it at that.

Sorry for all the feelings I offended tonight. Just use your dam boats!
I’m out my service advisor just pulled in so see you fellas in the am!