WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Drew Brees... be prepared to be "cancelled"

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Yep, my team, my favorite player, and even his own teammates lashing out without really listening to what he is saying. Not against the cause, saying he will never support kneeling for the flag. Malcolm Jenkins even went as far as to say "shut the fuck up", so, even though he is not against the cause, still better agree in the form they agree, etc, etc, whole world gone mad. Still make the playoff and lose to the vikings as per usual. Life of a saints fan.

She's Mine

Reaction score
ooops, I guess someone won't be blocked for and someone won't get the ball thrown to him... Saints aren't my pick for a Super Bowl appearance now.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
1591228677688.png

BEST...............ELECTION..............EVER!!!!!!! 🤣

4Waters

Reaction score
The whole BLM crowd refuse to acknowledge the stats about who is actually killing African Americans
A kid spoke yesterday along side Mayor Garcetti said the biggest fear for a black person today is being killed by a police officer. A black person kills another black person everyday in Los Angeles and they sometimes go years years without an officer killing a black person. Ignorance at it's best.

4Waters

Reaction score
The whole BLM crowd refuse to acknowledge the stats about who is actually killing African Americans
It starts at about the -39:00 min mark and is just a couple minutes long.

BajaT

Reaction score
Dude probably done more for his community than all talkin shit. Why do they think they should act as they please when on the clock? Suprised some agree to wear required uniform. Canadian league wont pay these type of salaries. If you are so miserable, gtfo.

He since has apologized. Home and family at risk if he continued to stand for what he believes in. Same people he has donated time and millions to would have burned his shit down......I almost would have liked him to say fuk it, take his ball and walk away. He has a TD title to win though!!!

Last edited:

JD D05

Reaction score
That to bad, he is a good guy.

What I don't get is why or when we forgot we are all just the sum of our experiences. Doesn't mean we don't care about others. I have nobody in my life that agrees with me on everything I think.

Singleton

Reaction score
Dude issued a long apology today for his comments. Bye, Bye - lost respect for the guy today when he issued his apology.

IMO, he spoke his opinion and got attacked. That is the problem in society today. Everyone should be able to have an opinion, without being attacked for their opinion. Agree to disagree and move on, have a beer and discussion and see if your opinion can change based on an in-person or phone conversation.

we as society need to stop the social media, Internet bullying!

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
For having a reasonable opinion.

I don’t think these pro athletes understand that their way of life is about to end. MLB athletes are now seeing just how much money they are going to lose from the Covid shit. The NFL players are not likely to have full paychecks either, and if democrats have their way no one will be allowed in an NBA arena for years. Each of those leagues will have enormous revenue hits.

I hope they all file chapter 7. Cancel all of those fucks.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
A kid spoke yesterday along side Mayor Garcetti said the biggest fear for a black person today is being killed by a police officer. A black person kills another black person everyday in Los Angeles and they sometimes go years years without an officer killing a black person. Ignorance at it's best.

I don't know if it is ignorance, or conditioning. I also don't want to call it an irrational fear either, but it kind of falls into that category.

Fed a steady diet of misinformation for social media and the MSM you can see how someone would think that any contact with police ends in the black person being dead. Rationally we know that simply isn't the case, but emotionally it feels better to think that way, at least for some.

People do fear any contact with the PoPo for any number of reasons. Almost all of them don't end in violence. Police should be held accountable for their actions as well.

But this isn't about that anymore, because then protestors aren't giving any solutions, just yelling about problems. White people are told to shut up, then lambasted for not offering any solutions. Which is it? They don't want a white saviour, but they are telling whites to fix the problem. If protestors and black leaders don't like my answers, provide your own opinions and we can talk. Solutions like defunding aren't realistic, because all you have to do is look at places like Chicago. Where hundreds of people die of gun violence, largely due to the CPD backing down in minority neighborhoods.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Brees is a class act. Met him a few times when he was in sd. Guarantee he got a call from goodell, the saints, the mayor of new orleans and the governor. Squandered opportunity in my eyes. He has made enough money to live his life comfortably would have been nice to see him stand up for what he believes in but at the same time im sure he didnt want his comments to cause new orleans to burn either which is probably the same thing the mayor and the governor told him.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I've followed "my NFL team" all my life. And I've followed a baseball team because of my wife.

I could see this coming and now it's here and now I'm gone. Done. If you think this is bad it's going to get way worse. Imagine an NFL game where ALL the players are forced to take a knee (trust me - they will be "forced" or they'll be hammered into submission like Brees was).

Covid-19 and this race war are the end of many things we've seen and enjoyed.

The race war is here and it's on

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
What are these “stick and ball sports” you all speak of?

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Never kowtow to the mob, never kiss another's shoes, never apologize when you have done nothing wrong.

Their crying foul is just bait to get you to play by rules they have set up, rules that you can never win by. You apologize, they still hate you afterwards anyway and will just use you as a propaganda tool to further their bullshit.

They don't know what to do when someone tells them to piss off. it removes all their power. This goes for any litany of circumstances not just the current situation.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Never kowtow to the mob, never kiss another's shoes, never apologize when you have done nothing wrong.

Their crying foul is just bait to get you to play by rules they have set up, rules that you can never win by. You apologize, they still hate you afterwards anyway and will just use you as a propaganda tool to further their bullshit.

They don't know what to do when someone tells them to piss off. it removes all their power. This goes for any litany of circumstances not just the current situation.

It's their new Democracy "Demon Crazy"

they've spoiled these dip shits to the point of having to cater to their irresponsible ideas, even if you disagree

all for the sake of $

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
NO, Fuck ALL stick and ball sports. Motor racing forever, NHRA coming back in July!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

I got an email yesterday from NHRA saying July (Sonoma I believe) is now canceled indefinitely.

JD D05

Reaction score

That is just perfect.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
This is why I tell my kids why I don’t get emotionally caught up in these professional teams like some fans do. The teams are staffed by overpaid millionaire cry babies.

If its not this issue its something else for them to complain about.

I watch a game on occasion of my favorite teams but other than that I don’t give it another thought.

Life is too short

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Well said. This is a free country. If someone
doesn’t like my opinion then they are free to disagree.

I got a couple of Buddies that do this well. They don’t give two fawks what others think of them. I just laugh and give them the thumbsup when it happens.

Not me I gotta keep a low profile

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
These millionaire athletes like the celebrities are super lucky to be where they are and instead of being positive role models and talking about the hard work and the discipline it took to get where they are now many of them are talking about how whitey has held them back

I'm so done with them and just wait til the games begin - everyone (EVERYONE) will be taking a knee or something bad may happen to them

Baseball is struggling getting things going because of greed by the billionaire owners and millionaire players. Fuck all of them. I'm done with their "sports"

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Just canceled my DTV Sunday ticket.
I didn’t do it when CK kneeled, I didn’t do it when half the league kneeled including my Browns. I REALLY wanted to witness the Browns win some games and make the playoffs again like the days of when I was a young man. The only way to do that is by subscribing to a full Sunday schedule. It’s been a long time since I’ve had reason to be excited about a Browns season and that’s something that, to me, is more substantial than a bunch of fuckheads being rich assholes.
BUT...this is the straw that broke my back.
What they did to Drew Brees is unacceptable. By any measure. Brees is more of a stand up a guy than any one of the pure fucking assholes that judged him.
Labron James??
Has there EVER been a bigger asshole than that self important POS???

No, I’m in full agreement with Gary. Fuck them all.
It took a lot to get me there, but this shit with Brees was it for me.

OC Mike

Reaction score
Sports has always been a big part of my life.
I'm discovering I can get along just fine with out them.
Fmmmm.....

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
After the massive flooding N.O was a bigger Shit Hole than before, Brees united the area gave them and the Players something to believe in again. He made many players much Better than they were & He made many players very wealthy. People with out Pro Football would be scooping Shit in a Dog Park. The Town and Team sure forgets fast. They are so stupid to realize that honestly Living The Dream. That is all they and every young man who plays the game= Make it to the NFL.

THE NFL= in the United States Of America.

Quit, and then tell how that is working for you. Ignorant Grunt.👎

just_floatin

Reaction score
I would expect an increase in suicides and domestic violence if the NFL season is cancelled. I am reading many athletes will take a knee during the national anthem. F-em not getting my time or money this year.
00FA7F72-C677-48BF-AC8D-F56E80CF98A4.jpeg
DB7270DA-E6C9-4F66-A8C4-803625D37325.jpeg