WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Drone Flight over Chernobyl

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That video and the editing is amazing.. I wish he could've shown the sarcophagus, but I had a feeling the russian officials weren't going to allow it.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Just looks frozen in time... kind of spooky.

I don't know why, but I've always been fascinated with Chernobyl.. I've read tons of articles about it, and pictorials etc..

All the experts and people living in surrounding areas say that the sarcophogus is falling down, and it needs to be fixed, or rather another larger one put on top or there is going to be another problem. Scientists have said in the next 10 years it could turn into a real issue again if something isn't done.

Nobody seems to care about it though? Just like Fukishima.. That's a cluster fuck over there, and it's likely going to poison the entire pacific before it's all over, but nobody seems to care about that either? LOL It's just weird to me..

They still haven't remotely contained Fukashima, and they are just pumping water into it, and pulling water out and storing radio active water.. If you see how many giant tanks they have already stacked up in short order, you will understand where that's going.. Now 1/2 those tanks are leaking as well because they weren't built for permanent storage, they were temporary deals.. It's a real mess, and nobody is talking or even giving a shit about it.

RD

Advantage 1

Reaction score
I don't know why, but I've always been fascinated with Chernobyl.. I've read tons of articles about it, and pictorials etc..

All the experts and people living in surrounding areas say that the sarcophogus is falling down, and it needs to be fixed, or rather another larger one put on top or there is going to be another problem. Scientists have said in the next 10 years it could turn into a real issue again if something isn't done.

Nobody seems to care about it though? Just like Fukishima.. That's a cluster fuck over there, and it's likely going to poison the entire pacific before it's all over, but nobody seems to care about that either? LOL It's just weird to me..

They still haven't remotely contained Fukashima, and they are just pumping water into it, and pulling water out and storing radio active water.. If you see how many giant tanks they have already stacked up in short order, you will understand where that's going.. Now 1/2 those tanks are leaking as well because they weren't built for permanent storage, they were temporary deals.. It's a real mess, and nobody is talking or even giving a shit about it.

RD

Saw this earlier this year:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/04/27/science/chernobyl-capping-a-catastrophe.html?_r=0

Not sure if you could pay me enough to be on this project...

C-2

Reaction score
I too like following those sites - I've been hooked ever since seeing The China Syndrome.

Thansk for sharing

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
[video=youtube;INAlUGn0RYg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INAlUGn0RYg[/video]

Earl-Bob

wana c my member
Reaction score
I seen something on it the other day. There are people living there now !:skull:(

Tank

Reaction score
I too love the creepy frozen in time aspect of Chernobyl and other places.

You guys ever go to that chicks website that rides her motorcycle into Chernobyl all the time. Trippy

Found it...lots of great photos.

http://www.kiddofspeed.com

koenig

Reaction score
Cool video. There was something on like it the other day, I forget the channel. It is spooky. The designers of the PS3 game Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare nailed it detail wise for that game.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

You guys ever go to that chicks website that rides her motorcycle into Chernobyl all the time. Trippy

Wow, that is an amazing and jarring photo journal!

I never pictured it that way, more like just a big plant shut down. What an eye opener.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Something to think about...
Arthur C. Clark once mused that some supernova explosions seen in the cosmos, could in fact simply be planetary-scale industrial accidents on populated alien worlds.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Cool video. There was something on like it the other day, I forget the channel. It is spooky. The designers of the PS3 game Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare nailed it detail wise for that game.

Lol yep, that's a great mission part of the game too.

Advantage 1

Reaction score

"They call it a town where time stands still. Maybe it is because the clocks here don't measure time - they measure radiation levels."

Very good read :thumbup:

C-2

Reaction score
Arthur C. Clark once mused that some supernova explosions seen in the cosmos, could in fact simply be planetary-scale industrial accidents on populated alien worlds.

Yeah thanks, now I won't be able to sleep for the next month :D

Interesting thoughts :)

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Yeah thanks, now I won't be able to sleep for the next month :D

Interesting thoughts :)

Don't worry, we will know when we've gone too far...they will come back and flood the planet again...:thumbup::yikes

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
Chernobyl has always fascinated me also....so crazy to see a place completely abandoned like that.

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
It's cool to see Mother Nature take over

Tank

Reaction score
Chernobyl has always fascinated me also....so crazy to see a place completely abandoned like that.

I've always dug abandoned paces. Whether it's Chernobyl, that amusement park in china, the rock island off of Japan (battleship rock I think), bodie, etc. It's very intriguing to see life just stop. Guess it's an introspect on our own mortality.

C-2

Reaction score
I've always dug abandoned paces. Whether it's Chernobyl, that amusement park in china, the rock island off of Japan (battleship rock I think), bodie, etc. It's very intriguing to see life just stop. Guess it's an introspect on our own mortality.

Bodie - went there in boy scouts. Trippy little town for sure, I was not old enough to understand the impact of packing up and leaving overnight. Now that I'm married, I understand it a little better :yikes:D

Tank

Reaction score
Bodie - went there in boy scouts. Trippy little town for sure, I was not old enough to understand the impact of packing up and leaving overnight. Now that I'm married, I understand it a little better :yikes:D

Never been ALWAYS wanted to go. I guess in it's hey day it was quite the violent gun slinger town. Kindve hell on wheels/deadwood esq

bonesfab

Reaction score
Saw the Kidd of speed years ago.. Amazing what happened over there.. The silence would be the hardest part of it.. Very cool bit of modern history that shouldn't be forgotten..