WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Drop out bolsters

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Im sitting at a fork in the road, with my family growing i have been thinking about stepping into the deck boat world, problem is that i really am in love with my formula. It will take me a long time to find another boat as nice as mine, thus why im hesitant to switch boats. So if i decide to keep the formula, i would like to find mechanical drop out bolsters for it, problem is that only ones i have found are electric mcleoads and i want to keep it mechanical. Ive checked OSO, ebay, etc, any other places i should check.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Ok, I'm not a seriously boat knowledgeable guy, so this may seem stoopid...but could you modify a set of electrics? I would assume they use a solenoid to a linkage assembly of some type. Would it be possible to remove the solenoid, and replace it with a cable or lever?

The other thing, are they a really complex mechanism? Could you make some out of stainless?

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Ok, I'm not a seriously boat knowledgeable guy, so this may seem stoopid...but could you modify a set of electrics? I would assume they use a solenoid to a linkage assembly of some type. Would it be possible to remove the solenoid, and replace it with a cable or lever?

The other thing, are they a really complex mechanism? Could you make some out of stainless?
I have not looked at electrics real close, but i would imagine they are driven off some sort of worm gear. I looked at having a set of bases made but by the time i do bases and have a seat made i will be into it 2k a seat easy. Im looking at all options now

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Why not electric?

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Wanted to keep it simple, something i can fix in the water if there is an issue

fmo24

Reaction score
My 27 advantage had drop outs. Maybe see what they would charge?

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Check Eddie Marine. My Cobra had em and I think that was who made them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Check with Nordic mine had them (28 heat )

spectras only

Reaction score
I have manual bolsters in my boat. Like it that way, no worries about electrics ever breaking down.;)

bolster%20standing%20wedged%20in

Mikes56

Reaction score
I had them in my 25' Nordic Rage. Two tabs just under the front edge of the seat. You squeeze them with your thumb and forefinger and the seat part drops away.

LOBOATOMY

Reaction score
Check with "Sick Stinger" Mike Mello on OSO or Gordon on Facebook.

lavey jr

Reaction score
Im sitting at a fork in the road, with my family growing i have been thinking about stepping into the deck boat world, problem is that i really am in love with my formula. It will take me a long time to find another boat as nice as mine, thus why im hesitant to switch boats. So if i decide to keep the formula, i would like to find mechanical drop out bolsters for it, problem is that only ones i have found are electric mcleoads and i want to keep it mechanical. Ive checked OSO, ebay, etc, any other places i should check.

What height do you need? I might know where some are but I'd have to know the height.