WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Drunk driver hit and run....

WildHorses24

Reaction score
Posting for a buddy that's not on the boards..
Friday around 7:45 he and the family towing a Shockwave over the London Bridge to check out the fireworks on the water. His cousin also towing a purple and white 21 Howard following behind. Some asshat in an F250 coming off the island slams into the Shockwave bounces back onto the curb then over corrects back into the Howard following him. They stop and run after the dirtbag that ditched into the London Bridge resort parking lot and loses them.. uploadfromtaptalk1404685699745.jpg

If anybody saw anything please pm me or contact the LHC PD.. Thanks

DrHW

Reaction score
That sucks. It does not look too bad...

WildHorses24

Reaction score
To add injury to insult while towing home today the spare blew and realized both axles are bent. Poor guy was sitting on Rice Rd all day waiting for a tow truck.

DrHW

Reaction score
The bent axels add to the damage big time. That is why we get Insurance. Good luck to all.

hallett21

Reaction score
Not in havasu now to keep an eye out but just thinking is there any chance the guy drove by a near bye security camera? Give you a chance at getting his plate #. The chevron, wall greens, London bridge hotel cameras?

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
That sucks!

He might end up with a new trailer out of it if it's that fucked up. I'd fight the insurance company hard on getting a brand new trailer. No way in hell I'd ever feel comfortable towing across that desert with it again. If it bent the axles, who knows what else it fucked.

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
What color is the Ford ? Az plates ? Jacked up ? Window stickers ?

WildHorses24

Reaction score
What color is the Ford ? Az plates ? Jacked up ? Window stickers ?
CA plates, F250 or F350 4 door mild lift, darker color maybe black or dark blue. He didn't notice any stickers, I know it's not much to go on. Was just hoping maybe somebody saw something being it was on the bridge.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The guy hit two boats and didn't stop? Good god...

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
What about the cameras at London bridge hotel? Have the cops check them out around the time this happened.

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
How does a guy hit two boats like that and not get followed or chased by witnesses?

WildHorses24

Reaction score
What about the cameras at London bridge hotel? Have the cops check them out around the time this happened.
Hotel said they don't cover the parking lot. There was a security guard that saw the truck and heard the accident but didn't get any info. The guy had a front flat from running up the curb too. I'm just dumb founded nobody would follow the guy.

boatsntoys

Reaction score
That sucks!

He might end up with a new trailer out of it if it's that fucked up. I'd fight the insurance company hard on getting a brand new trailer. No way in hell I'd ever feel comfortable towing across that desert with it again. If it bent the axles, who knows what else it fucked.

I fought my insurance on this a few years ago. 6 year old tandem and they wanted to give me the NADA value. Was about $1200. A new trailer was about $5000. They told me to find a used on. What are the chances of finding an exact match ? I needed to find someone who had lost their boat. Fat chance. They stuck to their guns. I got the shaft

Wakebrdr94

Reaction score
I would have had one guy stand guard at the bridge and gone and looked in every parking lot. He couldn't have gotten far, especially with a blown tire

DrHW

Reaction score
I fought my insurance on this a few years ago. 6 year old tandem and they wanted to give me the NADA value. Was about $1200. A new trailer was about $5000. They told me to find a used on. What are the chances of finding an exact match ? I needed to find someone who had lost their boat. Fat chance. They stuck to their guns. I got the shaft

The Boat is covered under Comp & Collision right? If nothing else Uninsured motorist. Plus time and deductible. The Trailer piece of it does not sound good. No one heard it and looked up... :(

Tinkerer

Reaction score
Isn't it the insurance companies job to make YOU whole again. Tell them to fix it or find YOU a replacement.

Riverson

CHA PLEASE
Reaction score
Isn't it the insurance companies job to make YOU whole again. Tell them to fix it or find YOU a replacement.

Spoken like a robot claims Adjuster! Please if the unit is totaled it is the carriers Job to make the policy holder "whole". This is why we pay insurance and if you have (or work for) a carrier that doesn't make you "whole" change carriers.