Reaction score
Hope it’s not a repeat.

Mototrig

Reaction score
I really hope this doesn't last too much longer. I wanna go boating in October

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
Stop sending water to Mexico and stop wasting it on the almonds grown in California . Look into how many gallons it takes for a almond harvest.

Last edited:

Singleton

Reaction score
Announced today - starting in 2022. Impacts to agriculture. Cities of Phoenix, Tucson, Las Vegas and all Native American tribes protected from order.
Arizona - 18% reduction
Nevada - 7% reduction
Mexico - 5% reduction

grumpy88

Reaction score
Announced today - starting in 2022. Impacts to agriculture. Cities of Phoenix, Tucson, Las Vegas and all Native American tribes protected from order.
Arizona - 18% reduction
Nevada - 7% reduction
Mexico - 5% reduction
Son of a bitch ! And i just added another cycle to my sprinklers !

jesco

Reaction score
This is last Friday in Ehrenberg. Usually the buoys are in 5 to 6 feet of water. Fridays are usually low, but not this low. Thursday the water was up to the EzUp. Next years gonna be rough!!
7FC04A51-1525-42B9-986B-092AD33FA4DE.jpeg

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
This is last Friday in Ehrenberg. Usually the buoys are in 5 to 6 feet of water. Fridays are usually low, but not this low. Thursday the water was up to the EzUp. Next years gonna be rough!! View attachment 1038832 .
I still find it odd and there seems to be something more to it in my honest opinion, Lake Mohave was Full Saturday, and the River here is at max most the week, yet Powell and Mead are nearly dry, doesn’t take a conspiracy theorist to see something is afoot.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Shit ..rolled into satellite cove Saturday.. the water was so high there was only a few patches of beach.

1manshow

Reaction score
Stop sending water to Mexico and stop wasting it on the almonds grown in California . Look into how many gallons it takes for a almond harvest.
Setting a precedent for dictating what a farmer can grow is a dangerous consideration.

And then there's also this:

Attachments

• 9A9F33C8-44D8-49C9-BCED-6AFEB5D4C383.jpeg
    9A9F33C8-44D8-49C9-BCED-6AFEB5D4C383.jpeg
    228.2 KB · Views: 210

FCT

Reaction score
This is last Friday in Ehrenberg. Usually the buoys are in 5 to 6 feet of water. Fridays are usually low, but not this low. Thursday the water was up to the EzUp. Next years gonna be rough!! View attachment 1038832 .
I seen that. I couldn’t believe how low it was when I crossed the bridge. I have never seen it that low.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Davis dam cut way back on releases over last week. I was up Tuesday thru Friday and it was almost like winter, super shallow all day, never did rise like normal

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I still find it odd and there seems to be something more to it in my honest opinion, Lake Mohave was Full Saturday, and the River here is at max most the week, yet Powell and Mead are nearly dry, doesn’t take a conspiracy theorist to see something is afoot.

Its not a conspiracy, its politics of a water agreement signed back when the southwest was a 1/4 of the population of today and it was written very short-sighted in terms of understanding the population growth trends in the southwest. The upper river basin has its share of the water and plays the role in controlling water flows to the lower basin.

Additionally, Havasu is a pump lake, it cannot drop far due to the pumping stations requirements. But everything else can be allowed to drop. However, some of the water flows are due to hydroelectric power requirements, and you can't do that without water past the dam so some places on the river will still get water if they are below hydroelectric dams (Glen, Hoover, Davis, Parker).

Edited: Removing the statement that Lake Mohave is a pump station lake. My research was flawed. That leaves the question why Mohave does not see the level fluctuations like Mead and Powell if there is no reason to keep it full. Only thing I can think of is the lake is much more shallow and therefore it doesn't have the leeway of dropping the lake levels while still fulfilling power output requirements by the powerplant.

Last edited:

GOTTBoat

Reaction score
Its not a conspiracy, its politics of a water agreement signed back when the southwest was a 1/4 of the population of today and it was written very short-sighted in terms of understanding the population growth trends in the southwest. The upper river basin has its share of the water and plays the role in controlling water flows to the lower basin.

Additionally, Mohave and Havasu are pump lakes, they cannot drop far due to the pumping stations requirements. But everything else can be allowed to drop. However, some of the water flows are due to hydroelectric power requirements, and you can't do that without water past the dam so some places on the river will still get water if they are below hydroelectric dams (Glen, Hoover, Davis, Parker).

where are the pumps on Mohave?

Joe mama

Reaction score
Throttle might be onto something by getting that air conditioned Polaris.

GOTTBoat

Reaction score
Good catch, I screwed up in my research. I have retracted that statement from my post.

No problem, I wasn’t trying to discredit your post and the following is not directed at you.
Every acre foot of water that is stored and then released (CFS) through the dams is documented and published and available for anyone to see. There are no secret deals for large water flows in the dark of night, there is no guy in sunglasses at a ramp on Mead that knows ANY secrets lol. The conspiracy theories are entertaining to read but never provide details or facts. These dams and reservoirs aren’t big enough for extended periods of drought when everyone is pulling their full allocation. I remember going to the Petrified Forest National Park as a kid in the sixties, they showed us fifty year droughts in the rings of petrified trees so this is nothing new, just new for us alive now. Look up Pueblo Indians for a possible glimpse at the future of the southwest, with no water to make electricity (Hoover) to pump non existent water (Havasu) to So Cal it could get ugly. The other water source So Cal relies on is the Sacramento Delta which has its own issues, drought included. For the desalination fans anyone that lives uphill from the coast ( 99.99%) it requires huge amounts of electricity to move water. California can’t keep the grid up in a mild heat wave. No easy answers, hope for normal snowfall in Colorado!

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Arizona - 18% reduction
Nevada - 7% reduction
Mexico - 5% reduction
And what was CA's reduction? 😂

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Fire sale on boats. Lake houses. F150s, speed utv's, shits gonna get real 🙄

Awesome, can't wait. Though I do have to deal with weeding out the "drive it like you stole it" crowd that's now bailing on their government funded fun toys.

jetur

Reaction score
I don't get it. This has been the wettest monsoon season I can remember in PHX. I don't pay much attention to rainfall outside of where I live, but I would assume they must be getting monsoon rain up there?

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I don't get it. This has been the wettest monsoon season I can remember in PHX. I don't pay much attention to rainfall outside of where I live, but I would assume they must be getting monsoon rain up there?

Just a couple thoughts...

The snowpack is really what makes the difference. Think of a constant flow of water draining into rivers, lakes and reservoirs long into our summer months and some all year. Rain and monsoons don’t create the same impact as a good percentage of the rainfall is soaked up into dry land before running to rivers and lakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Food for thought is many states have changed their energy profile to have clean energy. Hydro is clean

There have been a lot of coal power plant getting pulled off the grid and nothing else is able to fill the void because they're dirty so it's clean energy only. Hydro is clean but water is a precious commodity. Why aren't we pumping it back upstream?