WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Drying out your boat?

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
We were out during that storm on Sunday in Parker and the boat was soaked inside, not a huge deal, it's a boat after all! Lol I was out in the garage this evening and holy hell was it humid in there!!! The boats ski locker still has some standing water in it as does the bilge. I jacked up the front of the trailer last night and pulled the plug that separates the locker from the bilge and drained as much as I could. All compartments are open, anything I can do to speed things up??? Never have this problem in the middle of summer....
Attach0.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Shop vac out standing water, use fans to dry. Get a few small buckets of Damp Rid so nothing smells when it is dry.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
That's a bummer. If the sun comes out I'd put the boat outside.

77charger

Reaction score
When I get back from any trip I lift all the cushions leave hatch open and locker for about three days before I put the cover on. Boat is stored outdoors in a portable garage carport deal. If it rains on boat same deal just longer.

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Shop vac out standing water, use fans to dry. Get a few small buckets of Damp Rid so nothing smells when it is dry.

This is exactly what I would do. I leave damp rid in each of my boats during the entire off-season and in between each trip. I put 2 of the gallon size in the engine bay and then hang one of the bag type or use the quart size in each of the closed compartments. I live in SoCal so it's not really humid here but you'd be surprised how much water is sitting in those buckets and bags after a few months. I swear by DampRid, I don't think I go to Home Depot without picking up a few in various sizes, I use them in my house whenever there is a leak or spill to help dry carpet or wood. I'd rather buy DampRid than have to deal with mold later.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
My poor boat sat outside in Upland at The Boaters Outlet for at least a year before we purchased it.
Took quite a while to dry it out. The plywood has swelled on the side panels in a few spots making it bow out a little. :(

Some day we will get Nordic to do a new interior and toss out all the rotted wood.

Blownrvr

Reaction score
We were out during that storm on Sunday in Parker and the boat was soaked inside, not a huge deal, it's a boat after all! Lol I was out in the garage this evening and holy hell was it humid in there!!! The boats ski locker still has some standing water in it as does the bilge. I jacked up the front of the trailer last night and pulled the plug that separates the locker from the bilge and drained as much as I could. All compartments are open, anything I can do to speed things up??? Never have this problem in the middle of summer.... View attachment 689078
looks like some rain!! wow!

Foscheck

Reaction score
My poor boat sat outside in Upland at The Boaters Outlet for at least a year before we purchased it.
Took quite a while to dry it out. The plywood has swelled on the side panels in a few spots making it bow out a little. :(

Some day we will get Nordic to do a new interior and toss out all the rotted wood.
Bought my boat at Boaters Outlet too.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Bought my boat at Boaters Outlet too.

We did a lake test at puddingstone prior to our purchase. I took control of the helm for a couple laps to see how everything worked.
I noticed the throttle controls were really sticking. Well I went to drop Ted off at the dock and he had one foot on the dock and I was worried I might hit the dock...well I hit reverse and the boat jerked and Ted went Splash... right in the lake with cell phone, key Fobs and all. Got a good laugh from everyone at the dock.

Foscheck

Reaction score
We did out test at Puddingstone too. Sounds like ours was not as entertaining as yours. I actually heard that story, but I can’t remember where. Still funny today.

I think Ted got into a little trouble. Boaters Outlet is long gone.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Grab a super soaker water cannon and suck the lockers out dry. Happened to my old ultra .. The water cannons were able to get it all out.