WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dually alignment in havasu

WTR&PWR

Reaction score
Doing a turn around trip to havasu today. Gonna have a few hours to kill and my dually needs alignment. Any recommendations?

wet hull

Reaction score
Doing a turn around trip to havasu today. Gonna have a few hours to kill and my dually needs alignment. Any recommendations?
Nothing to help you out but have a towing question. Never driven a dually but feel I need to move that way. Currently in a F250 and it tows all my stuff without issue. I guess besides weight capacity what is the biggest difference you noticed when daily driving and towing? I want to be able to tow my skidsteer and mini excavator at the same time on a larger flatbed trailer. I also tow a 30' 5th wheel.

WTR&PWR

Reaction score
All the single rear wheel 2500 and 3500 I’ve had would move side to side easier. Dually doesn’t do that. Hitting potholes, on and off bridges, or just hitting bumps dually stays straight. Seems much more stable and tows considerably better. Only negative is that it’s hard to see trailer tires since the bedsides stick out so far.

WTR&PWR

Reaction score
I took it to a shop in La habra a couple months ago It was pulling to the right. After new tires got it aligned, still pulling to the right. Took it back to have them realign (free) still pulls to the right. Needed brakes so I did brakes and rotors and still pulls to the right. Having the tire man align to see if the shop in La habra was incompetent or if I have a caliper hanging up.

McKay

Reaction score
Nothing to help you out but have a towing question. Never driven a dually but feel I need to move that way. Currently in a F250 and it tows all my stuff without issue. I guess besides weight capacity what is the biggest difference you noticed when daily driving and towing? I want to be able to tow my skidsteer and mini excavator at the same time on a larger flatbed trailer. I also tow a 30' 5th wheel.
All around they tow better and more stable. Would hate to daily drive one however.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
With a dually you can be excluded from small/tight drive thru lanes, pretty much completely excluded from car washes that use the automated tire pullers and guides and have loads of fun trying to parallel park one. Not to mention the wide rear end means everyone clips you in the parking lot trying to pull into the spot next to you so you park out in the sticks to be away from the dolts.

Duallys are great, but there are some real quality of life issues with them, depending on where you have to drive and park them on the regular.

Not to mention a new set of tires is 2 more tires than you’re used to buying now.

jimbo5o

Reaction score
Did Tireman get you squared away? Been dealing with a right pull on my F250. No one seems to be able to get it right.

RIVERBORN

Reaction score
? Same here. Gmc 3500 pulls to right for seams like years. No fixes ever. Drives me crazy.

WTR&PWR

Reaction score
Did Tireman get you squared away? Been dealing with a right pull on my F250. No one seems to be able to get it right.
? Same here. Gmc 3500 pulls to right for seams like years. No fixes ever. Drives me crazy.
It’s definitely better. They said they thought it was a radial issue after aligning and it still pulled. They swapped one tire from the front right to the front left and it pulled the other way. Must be the tire, right? So we put that tire on the back which means dismounting and remounting since it’s a dually. Brand newish tires by the way. Bought from Costco 3k miles ago. I drove it home and it seems much better but yesterdays wind was so strong it was hard to get a real feel for it.

Also, they did all that for $75!!! Great guys and fit me in their schedule. I would recommend them as well like other members did.