WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Duffy Boat

Mikes56

Reaction score
We rented an electric Duffy a couple weeks ago at Ventura harbor and had a blast. We only had it for and hour and did some sightseeing around the marina and homes.

Anyone know of a beater that needs refurbishing? I think I want one.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
You just missed out on one. I've aways wanted one, they're just too fucking expensive for what they are

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/362686119064
IMG_20190709_064627.jpg

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

termiteguy

Reaction score
If there is any private lakes around you take a look around the lake you should find 1 for sale. And yes they are expensive. I want a newer one but I don't to spend that kind of money I will just keep mine

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Just watch the cost of refurb....

Batteries and motor are not cheap. Interior isn't cheap. The damn Eisenglass panels can kill your wallet worse than anything!

4Waters

Reaction score
34,000.00 for an 11yo electric boat:eek:. And we thought used performance boat prices were out of control.

Screenshot_20190709-162226_Chrome.jpg

Now this one is screaming for a 40-50 hp outboard.

12CSX-3.jpg

12CSX-2.jpg

12CSX-1.jpg

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
That Smith Group Duffy video is really well done. Although they mentioned Joe’s Crab Shack. It is gone. Wonder if Smith ever sold that huge new home out on the peninsula? Double lot with double docks.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
I have one. It is a lot of fun. If in good shape they still command $$$.

GET SOME

Reaction score
I have one. It is a lot of fun. If in good shape they still command $$$.

Have you taken to any other restaurants besides pelican isle.. we just bought one and is docked in Huntington harbor and looking for other dinner options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
<<<< Long time Huntington Harbour Resident.

Have you taken to any other restaurants besides pelican isle.. we just bought one and is docked in Huntington harbor and looking for other dinner options

There's Captain Jacks, but I no longer recommend eating there.

You can dock at the Huntington Harbour Yacht Club Dock and walk to: SuperMex, Tsunami Sushi, Riip Beer Co., King Neptune's, or SeaLegs @ The Beach.

Docking at Peter's Landing: Pelican Isle obviously, but Taco Surf, Turks, Harbour House, and Woody's, are all a short walk on the the other side of PCH.

If you don't mind the walk, about 1/3 of a mile depending on where you dock the boat, Romano Cucina & Fish Camp are two more options. Both are about dead middle between Peters Landing and Captain Jacks. You can get away with docking at CJ's, but just be back at the boat before they close as in recent years have locked the door going down to the dock shortly there after.

GET SOME

Reaction score
<<<< Long time Huntington Harbour Resident.

There's Captain Jacks, but I no longer recommend eating there.

You can dock at the Huntington Harbour Yacht Club Dock and walk to: SuperMex, Tsunami Sushi, Riip Beer Co., King Neptune's, or SeaLegs @ The Beach.

Docking at Peter's Landing: Pelican Isle obviously, but Taco Surf, Turks, Harbour House, and Woody's, are all a short walk on the the other side of PCH.

If you don't mind the walk, about 1/3 of a mile depending on where you dock the boat, Romano Cucina & Fish Camp are two more options. Both are about dead middle between Peters Landing and Captain Jacks. You can get away with docking at CJ's, but just be back at the boat before they close as in recent years have locked the door going down to the dock shortly there after.

Thank you for the very informative post, do you have so be a member at Huntington Beach yacht club to be at the guest dock? That would definitely open up the south end for us..
From your post the peters landing guest docks are just not for pelican isle is this correct
Is there anymore guest docks that you are aware of?

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Thank you for the very informative post, do you have so be a member at Huntington Beach yacht club to be at the guest dock? That would definitely open up the south end for us..
From your post the peters landing guest docks are just not for pelican isle is this correct

All of the information that DSB gave was spot on. I have used all of the docks. I am a member of the HHYC and I am trying to get some younger guys to join. I like being able to go there to eat since there is a limited selection on the water. The outer docks are public. On weekends the YC does have events there often during the summer.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
I have a Duffy - name is > Wine N Down … land locked on lake mission Viejo. We welcome complete strangers that bring wine. We absolutely love cruising the lake, after the rentals go away, we can cruise until 11pm...…

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score

You're welcome.

No, you do not have to be a member of HHYC to use their dock. Access is to and from the dock is open i.e. no gate or other barrier. Like @SJP mentioned the Yacht Club does have functions on the weekends, but there's always been room for another Duffy or small dinghy/tender.

Would believe, there was a time when had Peter's Landing 3 restaurants/bars, about a half dozen shops, a Haagen-Dazs and ZERO guest docks?
When the guest docks first went in some 25+ years ago, the owner or manager of the bar which is now Pelican Isle, tried to say the docks were for their patrons only. He got told to F-OFF pretty regular! That said guest docks at Peter's Landing are "intended" to be used by those individuals visiting those businesses in Peter's Landing by Water. I paddle board as well as take my 30'r over and get coffee at Starbucks. In short nobody is going to question you, if you hit up one of the establishments across PCH.

Unfortunately Peter's Landing, HHYC, and Captain Jacks (during their business hours) are the only places to dock and go eat & drink in Huntington Harbour.

Ethernet

Reaction score
I hear Chris @ Lavy Craft has been popping out a few Duffy's.......