WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

DUI Check Points in the Desert

Gelcoater

Reaction score
What is "the incedent"...sorry don't go to Glamis so just wondered..

I think the DUI checkpoint thing is unconstitutional period...definitely an erosion of freedoms....kind of like the cams here in phx...for profit, not for safety...
Well,not "the incedent" TPC is talking about.

Was at Boardmanville with the wife and kids and to make a long story short the Boardmanville dog (not leashed,none of their mangy dogs ever have been)attacked my dog on leash from behind. After i got my dog off theirs:D and threw their dog across the parking cage,I was told to leave.I should let her tear the shit outa the bastard.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
There was a check point in front of Costco in Westlake on Friday night also. Such a random place right where you exist Lindero Canyon.

Lot's and lot's of bars in that area.
I think Wayne Gretsky owns 2 or 3 bars right there,, plus the restaurants, nitclubs and Fox's sports grill.
Perfect place to pop people.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Well,not "the incedent" TPC is talking about.

Was at Boardmanville with the wife and kids and to make a long story short the Boardmanville dog (not leashed,none of their mangy dogs ever have been)attacked my dog on leash from behind. After i got my dog off theirs:D and threw their dog across the parking cage,I was told to leave.I should let her tear the shit outa the bastard.

I failed to mention it's illegal to cross the RR tracks on/in a OHV BTW,, and they are enforcing it,, and DUI check pointing it too.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
We stopped drinking at the Beach Store Bar.
They're always assholes to their customers, they refused to help a lost 9 year old girl,, their prices are ridiculous,, all done with them, not another dime.

I dunno anyone that does any business with them anymore.

We run down Model A road / AKA China Wall Rd to the Dunner Diner now.
Excellent food, prices and service, and their are virgin dunes along side to do some runs and dodge the LEO's on too.
Even better when Cannuck 1 picks up the tab.

On top all that, the middle 46.000 acres to the East are scheduled to re-open.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
They're always assholes to their customers, they refused to help a lost 9 year old girl,, their prices are ridiculous,, all done with them, not another dime.

Excellent food, prices and service, and their are virgin dunes along side to do some runs and dodge the LEO's on too.

I heard about the 9 year old deal also,will be joining your boycot.

So fill me in on this Duner Diner,never heard of it,or China wall road? I have been to China wall many years ago,but dont remember there being a road,was out in the dunes.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I heard about the 9 year old deal also,will be joining your boycot.

So fill me in on this Duner Diner,never heard of it,or China wall road? I have been to China wall many years ago,but dont remember there being a road,was out in the dunes.

Follow the rd along side the canal all the way to Gordons Well.
This is us on a run in '09:

[video=youtube;e37g_vLZ9TI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e37g_vLZ9TI[/video]

It's open Fri, Sat, and Sunday mornings and usually Holiday periods.
Usually about $12 for brunch / dinner and a soda.
Nice full cocktail bar, good food.

Last edited:

Canuck 1

Midget Hater
Reaction score

I was alway told to respect my elders and help them out when I can.....:D