WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Duke or Wisconsin

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Who ya got? I say Wisconsin is gonna be the National Champion.

Singleton

Reaction score
Huge dislike for Duke, so go Wi
Wife wins 40 if WI wins and 200 if Duke wins.

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
If rather have Wisconsin, but I'm just happy white people are playing

GregG

Reaction score
right down to the wire......great ball

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
This may become a classic. Both teams want it bad.

JD D05

Reaction score
5 points to Duke on out of bounds missed calls. And in a game like this when fouls are 10 plus to 4...

JRS1939

Reaction score
Oh come on. Duke was getting robbed of a ton of calls the whole game.

530RL

Reaction score
Two class coaches, two class programs.

Just glad Calipari did not win.

JD D05

Reaction score
Oh come on. Duke was getting robbed of a ton of calls the whole game.

That's a really hard argument when the fouls are so one sided in the the half that matters. It was 11 to 4 at one point so how the hell do you argue Duke didn't get calls?

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
5 points to Duke on out of bounds missed calls. And in a game like this when fouls are 10 plus to 4...

Getting Wisconsin in Double Bonus was huge. If I recall Wisconsin was least penalized team in NCAA all season. There was a couple of close calls, especially the call at about 1:05 where Winslow touched it with a finger tip. That was pivotal in my opinion with the small amount of time left on the clock.
Congrats to Duke though, they came back from 9 down.

JD D05

Reaction score
Getting Wisconsin in Double Bonus was huge. If I recall Wisconsin was least penalized team in NCAA all season. There was a couple of close calls, especially the call at about 1:05 where Winslow touched it with a finger tip. That was pivotal in my opinion with the small amount of time left on the clock.
Congrats to Duke though, they came back from 9 down.

The tip that everyone could see and Winslow stepped out the possession prior when Okafor scored.... Wisconsin committed one foul in the first half and 14 in the second half.

JRS1939

Reaction score
That's a really hard argument when the fouls are so one sided in the the half that matters. It was 11 to 4 at one point so how the hell do you argue Duke didn't get calls?
Seriously? Okafor got robbed on 2 PF calls and had he been able to play the whole game, Wisconsin would have never gone up by 9 points.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
One shining moment next, always love the tourney recap set to music.

JD D05

Reaction score
Seriously? Okafor got robbed on 2 PF calls and had he been able to play the whole game, Wisconsin would have never gone up by 9 points.

Calls are always going to be seen for who you are rooting for. Ya ok I can live with that. But can you tell we why we have instant replay? Why have it when you can review the call easily see that correct call and ignore it. Wisconsin fell apart in the last 4 min and lost the game. But you can't argue that something is up when a reviewed call is still ignored.

JRS1939

Reaction score
Lol. I agree that was a bad call but who knows what was being shown on that monitor in relation to what we were seeing on tv. Only reason Wisconsin made it to the ship was some bad officiating also.

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
image.jpg

JD D05

Reaction score
Lol. I agree that was a bad call but who knows what was being shown on that monitor in relation to what we were seeing on tv. Only reason Wisconsin made it to the ship was some bad officiating also.

You are ignorant if you don't think they have every single view to make the right call. Plus it isn't a bad call a call is made in live action. You can say whatever you want about why Wisconsin was in the game.

JRS1939

Reaction score
Every single time kaminsky got the ball and drop stepped it is a travel. You can argue these calls all night long and we're both still gonna look like we're competing in the special Olympics here.

JD D05

Reaction score
Every single time kaminsky got the ball and drop stepped it is a travel. You can argue these calls all night long and we're both still gonna look like we're competing in the special Olympics here.

I noticed that to he traveled probably 14 times.

JRS1939

Reaction score
I noticed that to he traveled probably 14 times.
Lol. Good to see you being unbiased also. It was a great game and yes the out of bounds call might have made it damn close down the stretch.

JD D05

Reaction score
Lol. Good to see you being unbiased also. It was a great game and yes the out of bounds call might have made it damn close down the stretch.

Well ya when you win by 5 and you are given 5 points on missed out of bounds calls it might tighten it up a bit.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Duke's bench was too deep and WI couldn't make their outside shots, Dekker especially. Kaminsky getting Okafor in foul trouble actually hurt them as Okafor was fresh at the end. I sensed trouble when WI couldn't pull away with the 2 Duke stars on the bench.

Coach K knew WI's biggest weakness was penetrating guards in the paint and that's what he exploited and won with.....High screens and go to the basket.

Officiating was poor throughout the tourney and can't really be the main issue, although it's hard not to look at the "what if" calls that were so evident.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
All in all I really enjoyed this years tournament. The selection committee did a good job in the seedings. Three number 1's in the final 4.

JD D05

Reaction score
Duke's bench was too deep and WI couldn't make their outside shots, Dekker especially. Kaminsky getting Okafor in foul trouble actually hurt them as Okafor was fresh at the end. I sensed trouble when WI couldn't pull away with the 2 Duke stars on the bench.

Coach K knew WI's biggest weakness was penetrating guards in the paint and that's what he exploited and won with.....High screens and go to the basket.

Officiating was poor throughout the tourney and can't really be the main issue, although it's hard not to look at the "what if" calls that were so evident.

You mean the freshman white boy who averages 4 points went off in the national championship. That kid and Tyus had like 30 of.the 36 points in the second half...

This final four made it so obvious how good of coach Mike K and how bad Calipari is. All year we hear about all the freshman and Kentucky and than waabam Duke wins it with 4 freshman.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
You mean the freshman white boy who averages 4 points went off in the national championship. That kid and Tyus had like 30 of.the 36 points in the second half...

This final four made it so obvious how good of coach Mike K and how bad Calipari is. All year we hear about all the freshman and Kentucky and than waabam Duke wins it with 4 freshman.

I agree with Coach K being the difference maker. And it goes beyond just the 40 minute game itself. He obviously is a sharper recruiter. That freshman guard and Jones both played within the system with high energy, making the big difference when the starters got in foul trouble. Talent without the ego.....

Kentucky's biggest issue in their loss was the poor play of the "Prima Donna" twins inability to stay focused and execute the game plan of getting the ball inside to Townes and Lyles. It was obvious Calipari was unhappy with Andrew in the 1st half and then, he sat both to start the 2nd. Calipari signs talent, but that talent often comes with a lot of baggage that at the end of the day, puts KY on the trailer prematurely. Duke and K get team play without the "All about Me" bullshit.

JD D05

Reaction score
I agree with Coach K being the difference maker. And it goes beyond just the 40 minute game itself. He obviously is a sharper recruiter. That freshman guard and Jones both played within the system with high energy, making the big difference when the starters got in foul trouble. Talent without the ego.....

Kentucky's biggest issue in their loss was the poor play of the "Prima Donna" twins inability to stay focused and execute the game plan of getting the ball inside to Townes and Lyles. It was obvious Calipari was unhappy with Andrew in the 1st half and then, he sat both to start the 2nd. Calipari signs talent, but that talent often comes with a lot of baggage that at the end of the day, puts KY on the trailer prematurely. Duke and K get team play without the "All about Me" bullshit.

I agree. Calipari is a great recruiter but coach I think he is very overrated. When Kentucky was down towards the end of the game they went into that 4 low offense with one of twins going one on one...How bad was that. Coach K is like Pop in San Antonio guys just get it done.

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
Calipari seems to get the nba talents, while coach k has always seemed to get the talented players who really buy into the team. Calipari's teams of the last decade seem to get where they do based on talent more than team. Not that they just play for the nba, they still play hard, but it's a different mindset than what coach k produces. Coach k deserves tremendous respect for doing this at the level he has for so long. It's incredible

JD D05

Reaction score
What's really strange in the story is someone with capacity saw the other angle but didn't have the courage to call the officials back to look at it bc they had already broke out of viewing.

I call BS on that part of the story also.

JD D05

Reaction score
However, Dan Gavitt, NCAA vice president of men's basketball championships, told ESPN's Bob Ley on "Outside The Lines" on Wednesday that the officials had all the angles of the controversial play. Earlier Wednesday, CBS play-by-play television announcer Jim Nantz also said on the Dan Patrick Show that the refs did have access to all the replays that CBS showed of the out-of-bounds play. Nantz added that he believes that they made their call before they had the chance to see the last replay clip that clearly shows that Winslow touched the ball last.

cmeir

Reaction score
However, Dan Gavitt, NCAA vice president of men's basketball championships, told ESPN's Bob Ley on "Outside The Lines" on Wednesday that the officials had all the angles of the controversial play. Earlier Wednesday, CBS play-by-play television announcer Jim Nantz also said on the Dan Patrick Show that the refs did have access to all the replays that CBS showed of the out-of-bounds play. Nantz added that he believes that they made their call before they had the chance to see the last replay clip that clearly shows that Winslow touched the ball last.
I Took Wisconsin spread was pick Lost A dollar I wish was a dollar ha ha