WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dumb-A$$ Bass Dork

Water Romper

Reaction score
I find it a bit odd the guy hits the shore at what appears to be 50+ mph, in a bass boat, so I assume has got an outboard and all he looks at is some bag/fishing equipment on the bow, plucks a few rocks and a weed/twig from the floor and then proceeds to head on out, he didn't even look at the side of the boat or the motors prop/lower unit.
Them bass guys are serious about getting a Big Mouth.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I find it a bit odd the guy hits the shore at what appears to be 50+ mph, in a bass boat, so I assume has got an outboard and all he looks at is some bag/fishing equipment on the bow, plucks a few rocks and a weed/twig from the floor and then proceeds to head on out, he didn't even look at the side of the boat or the motors prop/lower unit.
Them bass guys are serious about getting a Big Mouth.

Do you know what second place is? First-fucking-loser.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
No comment on hitting the shore on his port side? Not that there was traffic that early but jeez...

2Driver

Reaction score
Trimmed out, riding on top of trailing wakes spells chine in. LOL or in that case, beach tag

Last edited:

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Those are a couple of Yee Haw! moments right there..... Never got why these guys need to get to next fishing hole so damn fast. Burning daylight I guess.

Reactions: DLC

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Just another bass tournament...

A5C6BBEA-2BC5-4BCB-AE01-D903A76CBADC.gif

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Those are a couple of Yee Haw! moments right there..... Never got why these guys need to get to next fishing hole so damn fast. Burning daylight I guess.

they only get so many hours and the starts are staggered. If I guy pulls an early boat start number they often times have to report back early in the day to make weight. They often times have to put on miles to get to the fish.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
they only get so many hours and the starts are staggered. If I guy pulls an early boat start number they often times have to report back early in the day to make weight. They often times have to put on miles to get to the fish.
Thanks, makes sense.... I knew there had to be some explanation for these big motors on bass boats.

BajaT

Reaction score
Shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line. He was cutting the corner to take the lead!

Water Romper

Reaction score
I guess most of the higher end "bass" boats like Ranger Skeeter etc can hit over 80mph. and then some. There is big money in them fishy tournaments. But back to Mr. Shore Runner, wasn't he running a bit much to the left and around a corner? what if there was a boat coming the opposite direction and they were staying to the right, could have been REALLY interesting. I bet the guy knowing he had his GoPro videoing felt the need to run harder than common sense. Of course, its easy to speculate and point out all the errors. Lord knows I've made some bone head moves in my day.

stevesdcb

Reaction score
Damn, sure doesn’t take much for one of those Bass boats to start pitching peeps out. Had a co-worker get pitched out several years ago, boat circled, he tried to get back in, all bad. Makes me not want to ride in one......ever.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
The 'glory days' of performance bass boats are pretty much over . . . especially since the heavy-slob 4-strokes have been force-fed to the masses.
Companies like Bumble Bee, Gambler, Stroker, Norris Craft, and many others are mostly a thing of the past.
There's still Bullet and Allison making boats that run into the triple digits, but with all the crap they are adding to these rigs nowadays, anything over 70 is considered 'flying'.
When I was in high school, my buddy who shaped my surfboards had a Skeeter 17' Starfire with a Merc 175 on it.
He put Wiseco pistons in it, Boyeson reed valve/ cages, high compression heads etc. etc.
I remember being on Lake Mojave w/ him one time looking over and we were doing 83 . . . I 'tapped-out' . . . I was just a kid . . .scared the shit out of me !!! LOL . . . I've gotta say, he was a really good driver though.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
The 'glory days' of performance bass boats are pretty much over . . . especially since the heavy-slob 4-strokes have been force-fed to the masses.

BCB put a 400 on one. Issue is these guys for the most part pin them at redline point a to point b without a care in the world....and most have the driving skills of a elderly man with dementia...think of Joe Biden level competency..

HST4ME

Reaction score
I guess most of the higher end "bass" boats like Ranger Skeeter etc can hit over 80mph. and then some. There is big money in them fishy tournaments. But back to Mr. Shore Runner, wasn't he running a bit much to the left and around a corner? what if there was a boat coming the opposite direction and they were staying to the right, could have been REALLY interesting. I bet the guy knowing he had his GoPro videoing felt the need to run harder than common sense. Of course, its easy to speculate and point out all the errors. Lord knows I've made some bone head moves in my day.

He was'nt anywhere near 80, 60-65 yes. The dumbest customers I deal with are "professional" bass fisherman.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
When I first bought the Miller it had some crate motor with a single carb tunnel ram and junk internals.
No Speedo, but it would be a stretch to think it even hit 50 mph.
First time out Deb and I were going
WOT across Shasta and a Skeeter came by us pinned at probably 80+...2 guys with beverages in hand and staring at our flashy and slow tug boat.
We got home and Debbie said “do what you gotta do, we can’t get passed by fishing boats...”
That’s what started it all.

4Waters

Reaction score
When I first bought the Miller it had some crate motor with a single carb tunnel ram and junk internals.
No Speedo, but it would be a stretch to think it even hit 50 mph.
First time out Deb and I were going
WOT across Shasta and a Skeeter came by us pinned at probably 80+...2 guys with beverages in hand and staring at our flashy and slow tug boat.
We got home and Debbie said “do what you gotta do, we can’t get passed by fishing boats...”
That’s what started it all.
All down hill from there. Been there.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score

Bass fishing got me into "fast boats" I hated the politics of tournaments, got into the powerboat stuff over time and never looked back. Only rod I own now is my kid's fishing poles. I don't miss it one bit. I smile when I pass them like they are standing still though 😁

poncho

Reaction score
I'm never more uncomfortable than in a v-bottom and I have to run through another boats wake at that angle.