WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dumb question

beerrun

Reaction score
Is the straight line on or the circle thanks
Resized952021102595154806.jpg

Singleton

Reaction score
Since the heater is not working, trying the opposite of what is was might resolve the issue

internet said = The line symbol means “power on” and the circle symbol means “power off”. The presence of both (I/O) on a push button means the switch toggles the power.

SixD9R

Reaction score
Yeah those fucken things got me a few times.
I feel like I learned something in this thread- thanks guys!

RichL

Reaction score
I've always read those as ignition/off just like on all my Stihl yard equipment.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
lol. Wife was asking the same question on Saturday. Got a new refrigerator and she needed to know if the icemaker was on or off.

C-2

Reaction score
I’ve heard it explained as binary numbers. 1 is more than zero, therefore 1 is on, zero is off.

Yup, bits that are on or off.

Learned it in Cisco networking classes and subnetting IPv4 addresses. Not fun. At least, not for this old man.

Streaming/digital music nerds also get worked up about bits.

I’ve got 1100011 problems but binary isn’t one of them! <--------- figure that one out 😃

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
All computers only think and talk in ones and zeros. Ones are on and zeros are off.

they put those on switches to make us feel dumb and they make writing too small because they get a kickback from the optometrist.

beerrun

Reaction score
Thanks everyone doesn't matter what position its in heater still not working. Taking it back to the manufacturer on Monday

lbhsbz

Reaction score
not a dumb question at all...those stupid switch markings have had me testing voltage at the outlet many times because regardless of I or O, it still doesn't work...can never remember which is supposed to be which.

Devilman

lol, yeah, sure, ok......
Reaction score
Exactly, so they make it in a language that no one understands. There's probably a thread going right now on Zimbabwe Dave's asking the same question

Zimbabwe Dave's LMAO 😆😆

Damn switch on my weedeater got me messed up once when I was having trouble getting it started, had to google that shit make sure I had the switch in the right position 🙄:p😄

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Yup, bits that are on or off.

Learned it in Cisco networking classes and subnetting IPv4 addresses. Not fun. At least, not for this old man.

Streaming/digital music nerds also get worked up about bits.

I’ve got 99 problems but binary isn’t one of them! <--------- figure that one out 😃

Fixed it for ya

Reactions: C-2

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Thanks everyone doesn't matter what position its in heater still not working. Taking it back to the manufacturer on Monday
Did you unplug it for 30 seconds and then plug it back in?

DLC

Reaction score
They should of just labeled

an O for on
and
and O for off

and if it’s NOT working just flip the switch!

lol

beerrun

Reaction score
Did you unplug it for 30 seconds and then plug it back in?
Unplug what i purged the propane again and tried that switch in both positions and did it while running the generator

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Unplug what i purged the propane again and tried that switch in both positions and did it while running the generator
So your tankless water heater and your trailer heater isn't working?

beerrun

Reaction score
So your tankless water heater and your trailer heater isn't working?
Sorry no the water heater works the heater does not. The inverter does not and there are switches that don't work for lights so at this point we are camping this weekend with family in chula vista then I'm taking it back to the manufacturer on Monday

Meaney77

Reaction score
Assuming you checked all fuses and breakers in the fuse panel and GFI's in kitchen and bathroom?

Yldboyz

Reaction score
It's about making it universal around the globe and not having to print switches in a hundred different languages.

Green and Red indicators would have worked just fine.

This one always gets especially on the fuel petcock.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Sorry no the water heater works the heater does not. The inverter does not and there are switches that don't work for lights so at this point we are camping this weekend with family in chula vista then I'm taking it back to the manufacturer on Monday
Ok, because the pic you show is the water heater....

beerrun

Reaction score
Yes because people keep say there is a switch on the outside and that was the only one I could find

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Yes because people keep say there is a switch on the outside and that was the only one I could find
Guessing people didn't know that you had a tankless, my new Vortex doesn't, but have a switch on the outside to use electric for the water heater.

What thermostats do you have? and how many?

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Yes both A/Cs work
So 1 thermostat for both AC's and they work individually as well?

Mines different. I have 3 thermostat (3 ac's) but either of the 3 thermo's will turn the heater on....

If you cant hear the clicking of the igniter going when set to heat, I wonder if they attached that com wire to the heater. Assuming heater fuses have been checked.

beerrun

Reaction score
Fuses checked no sound from the heater