WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dumont MLK

69hondo

Reaction score
Going to be in Dumont for the MLK weekend anyone else going to be out there?
20191228_115602.jpg

dspracing

Reaction score
Never been to Dumont but always wanted to go. How far is the drive from the freeway? How is the camping areas? risk of getting stuck?
I talked to some guys before that take paddles and dirt tires when they go, is this typical?

69hondo

Reaction score
Never been to Dumont but always wanted to go. How far is the drive from the freeway? How is the camping areas? risk of getting stuck?
I talked to some guys before that take paddles and dirt tires when they go, is this typical?

It is about half hour from the freeway. The camping is all flat and farely safe. There are random soft spots that could be a concern depending on the rig you have. The closer you get to the dunes the more risk. When you come up the hill after you pay if you make a letf or right and stay along the ridge you will be fine. I have a 33 foot class A with a 24 foot enclosed and I get all the way to bathroom 5 which is really close to the dunes but it does get a little soft. Yes you can do both if you bring dirt tires as well. There is a lot more riding then just the dunes there.

69hondo

Reaction score
The picture above is from our camp by bathroom 5

dspracing

Reaction score
Hard to get a sense for the size of this place. Assuming much smaller than glamis, how would it compare to say Pismo?

69hondo

Reaction score
I have never been out there.... How is it on a long weekend?

I have only been out there on a big weekend for Halloween so hard to say. I know for new years it was pretty mellow from what I heard. I am not expecting it to be busy.

69hondo

Reaction score
Hard to get a sense for the size of this place. Assuming much smaller than glamis, how would it compare to say Pismo?

Way way smaller than Glamis but the dunes are much bigger. I would say over all its quite a bit bigger area of dunes than pismo.

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
Similar to Pismo in size. Much more family oriented than Glamis. Law enforcement generally is just there to keep the peace and IMO you really have to earn a visit from them. I've been going there for 20+ years and have never seen a pursuit for failure to have a flag! Halloween was the worst I have ever seen it as far as crowds go, but we heard that was from the influx of Pismo peeps that were locked out of Pismo. Since then it has been fantastic. Great dunes, but please respect the tops, it's a long way down on some of them if you don't crest correctly. The area is much smaller. but with a good leader you can have some great rides. If you have a family, I highly recommend a trip or two a year.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Similar to Pismo in size. Much more family oriented than Glamis. Law enforcement generally is just there to keep the peace and IMO you really have to earn a visit from them. I've been going there for 20+ years and have never seen a pursuit for failure to have a flag! Halloween was the worst I have ever seen it as far as crowds go, but we heard that was from the influx of Pismo peeps that were locked out of Pismo. Since then it has been fantastic. Great dunes, but please respect the tops, it's a long way down on some of them if you don't crest correctly. The area is much smaller. but with a good leader you can have some great rides. If you have a family, I highly recommend a trip or two a year.

This!

For some reason the dunes are mostly razor backs there. You have to be VERY careful in Dumont. Don't crest anything without knowing what's on the other side first!!!

Would be best to go with someone who is familiar with them. Maybe you could book fastdad as a tour guide? It would be totally worth it! He could take you to see the North Pole!

69hondo

Reaction score
Roll out. we will be out there and can show you around.

brgrcru

Reaction score
If I dont go to a pre auction to check out a big rig . Might come up for the day . Was thinking about it last week . Since I have not gone duning at all since last March.
image.jpg

69hondo

Reaction score
If I dont go to a pre auction to check out a big rig . Might come up for the day . Was thinking about it last week . Since I have not gone duning at all since last March. View attachment 961197

Awesome, maybe we will see you out there. DOnt know where we will be camped yet. I will try to update this when we do.

69hondo

Reaction score
The video is of my two girls riding their 250rs over Veterans hill.

brgrcru

Reaction score
looks fun
should of went as nothing was interesting at the auction.
looks empty.