WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Duramax cow piss

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
So since new I have been battling this def system. Heater went bad. It’s part of the pump system so I change heater and pump. The nox sensor went bad. I changed the temp sensor because ( I thought) they were reading temp wrong. Wasn’t getting hot enough to regen. Sent me into reduced power mode. Scratch my head didn’t know what else it could be. Found out there is a 9th fuel injector to to dump fuel after turbo to get it hot enough. How does any of this help the environment . It’s mind blowing to me . My 2001 duramax gets way better mpg

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
So since new I have been battling this def system. Heater went bad. It’s part of the pump system so I change heater and pump. The nox sensor went bad. I changed the temp sensor because ( I thought) they were reading temp wrong. Wasn’t getting hot enough to regen. Sent me into reduced power mode. Scratch my head didn’t know what else it could be. Found out there is a 9th fuel injector to to dump fuel after turbo to get it hot enough. How does any of this help the environment . It’s mind blowing to me . My 2001 duramax gets way better mpg
You can thank the wisdom of the California Air Research Board for all of this.
Without it we could have a cleaner environment, greater MPG, A Smaller Carbon Footprint, less expense vehicles, and to top it all off, less Global Warming if you believe in it.
Lol

Jimmyv

Reaction score
So yeah, the intelligence of Ca Air Resource Board - has anyone used a CARB approved California gas can in the last five years?

You’ll spill 10 times the gas trying to fill it and pour it with the ventless contraption. We make zero sense.

As far as Diesels and their ridiculous CARB compliance engineering, Im not sure Diesels will even be a thing in the near future.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
So yeah, the intelligence of Ca Air Resource Board - has anyone used a CARB approved California gas can in the last five years?

You’ll spill 10 times the gas trying to fill it and pour it with the ventless contraption. We make zero sense.

As far as Diesels and their ridiculous CARB compliance engineering, Im not sure Diesels will even be a thing in the near future.

No need to muck with those ridiculous gas cans, when “utility jugs” are still available [emoji106]

IMG_7020.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
DELETE DELETE DELETE and enjoy your truck and the newfound power
Next time I will delete. But in my state they are still deciding if it’s going to plug in inspections or not. So could be a problem for me. I need to do more research. I know a guy who is gutting the filters and cat and leaving the stupid tank and crap hooked up so it looks legit. Just not sure how a plug in inspection would show up with the delete tuner. Does anyone have any info on this

Doc

2022 32 Doug Wright
Reaction score
Next time I will delete. But in my state they are still deciding if it’s going to plug in inspections or not. So could be a problem for me. I need to do more research. I know a guy who is gutting the filters and cat and leaving the stupid tank and crap hooked up so it looks legit. Just not sure how a plug in inspection would show up with the delete tuner. Does anyone have any info on this

I would say at this point they are just plugging in for any previous faults or check engine codes. Eventually down the road they might be able to read but doubt it.

The problem will be if they do forced regens at inspection then you will have a problem. I had to smog a sport chassis not to long ago and they plugged into it had it revved up max checking o2 and did a forced regen. I think that's what it will eventually end up being for smaller duty diesels.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
The simple answer is: the government knows best and they don’t want any diesels of any kind on the roads anymore

Jimmyv

Reaction score
No need to muck with those ridiculous gas cans, when “utility jugs” are still available [emoji106]

View attachment 1011439

Exactly!
Or until a nice CHP officer stops you with one in the bed of your truck…

That’s why I carry my fuel jugs in the backseat strapped into the kids carseats
😁 j/k

I just have my kids hold them between their legs.

(also jk)

or am I

Rbcconst

Reaction score

What year is it? The deff system has an 80k-100k mile warranty.

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
Should have bought a Ram…🤷🏻‍♂️

🤣🤣

pronstar

Reaction score
Exactly!

[emoji16] j/k

(also jk)

or am I

There are laws against selling them.

There are no laws against owning them or using them as you see fit [emoji106]

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Exactly!

😁 j/k

(also jk)

or am I

I use transfer jugs to transport my fuel to the dessert. Strap them on my trailer or in the bed of my truck. Haven’t had an issue yet. Even when we were in our bad accident had one strapped to the hitch carrier which the chp removed when the car was on its side.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

I use transfer jugs to transport my fuel to the dessert. Strap them on my trailer or in the bed of my truck. Haven’t had an issue yet. Even when we were in our bad accident had one strapped to the hitch carrier which the chp removed when the car was on its side.
Yeah..... CHP really don't care to cite for them, even if it was possible to do so. Shit, I didn't hear of anyone getting a ticket for all those Tupperware containers they were all using last month to horde fuel....

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score

I CA I believe there actually is a law for dispensing and transporting fuel in an 'unapproved' container. 🤦🏼‍♂️

port austin pirate

Reaction score
Hell Racey, in Commiefornia Iam sure there are laws about which hand you use to wipe your ass and how many sheets you use, unless your homeless then just letter fly anywhere anytime

pronstar

Reaction score
Here’s the CARB regs in plain English.
Older-style cans are grandfathered in, there’s no way for them to prove when you bought them [emoji106]