WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Duramax Leaking Injectors

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
How about a little info on leaking injectors on a Duramax. Truck is an 03 with 88,000. It's a well know problem. How is Chevy handling this now. I was quoted $6100 to replace them. There is enough info out there on this that I already know they work things out. Thanks Jason.

The Doctor

Land Sales GURU
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I seem to remember a service bulletin that came out admitting the flaw with a program to replace them. I had an '02 that did anyway. You might call your service writer at the dealership and ask him about it.

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't this fall under a 10 year 100,000 mile emission warranty?

Joepump

Reaction score
There's a place in San Bernadino that will replace all 8 for nearly half the price.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Dealer just called and said they would tear it down and replace any bad ones for $500. Says they check them all when they are removed and will replace any bad ones. What about the ones they don't replace and they go bad later? He says he doesn't see any returns with this repair. Says I have the option to replace all the ones they are no at $400 a pop. They are going toi call me when it's tore down and inspected.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I seem to remember a service bulletin that came out admitting the flaw with a program to replace them. I had an '02 that did anyway. You might call your service writer at the dealership and ask him about it.

As far as I know it was 7 years or 200,000 miles. We are under mileage but not years, this is their good faith.

BajaMike

Reaction score
How about a little info on leaking injectors on a Duramax. Truck is an 03 with 88,000. It's a well know problem. How is Chevy handling this now. I was quoted $6100 to replace them. There is enough info out there on this that I already know they work things out. Thanks Jason.

Make sure you change your fuel filter often and get good fuel. This is what usually kills injectors on all diesel engines.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Make sure you change your fuel filter often and get good fuel. This is what usually kills injectors on all diesel engines.

Yes I agree. I change it myself and always buy good fuel, as in name brand.:thumbsup

BajaMike

Reaction score
Too bad you had that problem. Any diesel engine should go 200,000 miles or more on injectors. I wonder if this is common with that year.

You might look on one of those Duramax forums......

Good luck!

RyanPartridge

Reaction score
What are the signs and symptoms of an injector going bad?

I change my fuel filter often and run Stanadyne additive in my tank.

107k on my 07 LBZ Classic, only issue has been front wheel bearing hubs replaced once.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Too bad you had that problem. Any diesel engine should go 200,000 miles or more on injectors. I wonder if this is common with that year.

You might look on one of those Duramax forums......

Good luck!

Yes it's common with a few years and Chevy has bulletins out for it.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
What are the signs and symptoms of an injector going bad?

I change my fuel filter often and run Stanadyne additive in my tank.

107k on my 07 LBZ Classic, only issue has been front wheel bearing hubs replaced once.

Mine was blowing white smoke at idle, rough idle, bad smell.

Furniture 4 Me

Reaction score
i have an 04 8 sets of Injectors, call Mark Christopher Chevy
talk with Gorge in service. the injectors have 200,000 mile warranty

Good Luck and yes get it fixed ASAP, also get fuel supplement with c-tain booster. the new fuels eat them up.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
i have an 04 8 sets of Injectors, call Mark Christopher Chevy
talk with Gorge in service. the injectors have 200,000 mile warranty

Good Luck and yes get it fixed ASAP, also get fuel supplement with c-tain booster. the new fuels eat them up.

I never ran a supplement but I'm going to start.

X Hoser

Reaction score
Had the same problem with my '04 GMC with 60,000 miles. Fortunately I had the extended warranty and it covered them. There were two different model engines and mine was the one they had the most problems with, so GM extended the warranty on the injectors to 200,000 miles. They also told me at the time they replaced all of the injectors as they had to be a "matched" set. This came from the service writer. (Hatfield GMC in Redlands, CA). Don't know if this helps, but I feel your pain. I also had problems with the power steering, front spindles and bearings. Great truck, but after all of the problems were fixed I sold it.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Picked the truck up last night after we got back from the desert. They replaced four injectors for $500.