WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Duramax Tahoe, Yukon or Suburban

copterzach

Reaction score
Anyone have one. Do you like it? Mileage? How does it pull?

We currently have a Denali XL with a 6.2. Runs and pulls our boat good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
I heard they need the engine pulled at 120k to replace the oil pump which is by the transmission

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
I just went from a 19 to a 21 Denali. I looked at and drove the Duramax, but if you look at the HP/Tq numbers the 6.2 is still the better option. Fuel mileage is supposed to be better, and in my new 2500 it's considerably better than my 08. BUT, considering what fuel prices have done in the last 2 months, and projections, the efficiency difference/fuel cost (diesel vs unlead) doesn't look like it will make a difference. So we went with the 6.2 again.
The only reason we got rid of our 19, It had Parkinson's at 75+. More passengers/weight and it got worse. The dealer tried everything they or GM came up with to try but nothing made any difference. Next option was for GM to send an engineer in to work the problem until it was solved. Or buy it back at a nice premium and get me a new one ordered and built on a priority call. Lemon was not an option because even though it had been in the shop enough and all to qualify, the problem didn't deem the vehicle un-useable or unreliable. (I checked with a LL lawyer that confirmed) In the end, I'm cool with how it all went down. With 40k miles on the 19, the small difference from buy out to the price on the new one was better that what I would have settled for.

copterzach

Reaction score
I heard they need the engine pulled at 120k to replace the oil pump which is by the transmission

Interesting. It will be someone else’s problem before then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Boss just got the new Denali took me for a ride in it yesterday it was nice! Crazy all the features built into that thing. The review mirror can switch to video mode if to many people are in the car and you need to see out back!