WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dust Masks and N-95 masks sold out everywhere...

Terminal Velocity

Reaction score
Rookies😂 honestly don’t know if this type would work or not. But I’m painting a boat so it’s related to the website.

Attachments

• C9B67675-9670-4306-8C86-93D2896FE63F.jpeg
    C9B67675-9670-4306-8C86-93D2896FE63F.jpeg
    144.4 KB · Views: 89

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
I was trying to get some dust masks for work. Depot is sold out, HD Supply sold out, Walmart, Dunn Edwards, Sherwin Williams, and Amazon.... all sold out or on back order.

My wife was thinking to stock up for the coming Corona Flue Pandemic and she went to several stores to look... nary a mask anywhere. I guess she wasn't the only one with that idea.

If you go to any Hospital they have them everywhere. just reach in the box and get one or two, At Least at our local Hospital

j21black

Reaction score
When I was walking through Heathrow airport earlier this month I wish I had a couple cartons on me. I could have made bank.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
What you want is real NBC gas masks.
Should have stocked up before this. I did

wzuber

Reaction score

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
This was sequenced over a month ago and released to the world to start developing tests to detect it and drugs to fight it .not sure what you are talking about. One of the ways it is transmitted is through the air by coughing, sneezing, etc.

ABC News last night reported the first lab to isolate the virus in Australia says it’s not spread airborne.

Also Click here:

Last edited:

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Rumor the pope has it now

And

#Coronavirus has killed Ayatollah Hadi Khosrowshahi, the first ambassador of #Iran's clerical regime to the Vatican and a Foreign Minstry adviser, and Mojtaba Zolnouri, the head of the parliament's National Security and Foreign Policy Commission, has been quarantined. https://t.co/Xlqe5O2AYy

HCP3

Reaction score
NOTE.......1 st. case......WITH AN UNKNOWN ORIGIN/SOURCE......that's kinda important...

It just happens to be next to Travis AFB. Where potential Coronavirus patients have been flown into and quarantined... "Unknown source" my ass.

HitIt

Reaction score
NOTE.......1 st. case......WITH AN UNKNOWN ORIGIN/SOURCE......that's kinda important...

Just curious, other than community (citizen to citizen) spread, what are the other options? She popped some bubble wrap from China and the virus emerged?

wzuber

Reaction score
It just happens to be next to Travis AFB. Where potential Coronavirus patients have been flown into and quarantined... "Unknown source" my ass.
that's just the way it was reported in the news this morning.

beertruck

Reaction score
funny how some business luck into great sales by outside influencers like this virus.

think of how the mask sales have skyrocketed sine the corona virus outbreak.
other instances were the flag industry. not many flags sold prior to 911, then everyone bought them after that.
condom sales after early aids spread.

probably many more, but those stick out for me

wzuber

Reaction score
Just curious, other than community (citizen to citizen) spread, what are the other options? She popped some bubble wrap from China and the virus emerged?

correct..unknown citizen to citizen, no known direct contact with a known infected person so it has a significant chance of spreading more quickly and getting out of "control".

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Still haven’t taken delivery on the 3500.
Wonder if it’s some dink part they’re,, ahh never mind.

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
I was waiting for a prescription at a pharmacy, I sat at the far end of chairs, with many empty seats.
A guy comes in coughing and Sneezing and sits in the chair next to me, What goes threw these peoples minds?
I moved away from this dick head. This is how Germs get passed on from these idiots.
And yes I had a mask on, pharmacies have mask's at the counter.

havasujeeper

Reaction score
For those unable to find the N-95 masks, I was able to purchase full American Red Cross short term survival bags, which contains the N-95 mask, glow sticks, food and water, a whistle, blanket, gloves and other items, all contained in a red nap sack for $28 a piece. They have them in stock, no taxes, with a 2-3 day delivery. Sure beats these idiots who are selling just the masks for $20+ dollars. I purchased 4 of them and plan on throwing them into the trunks of all my cars.

530RL

Reaction score
Seriously. The irony of people trying to buy masks made in, and shipped from China, to wear over their mouth so they don’t get disease from China is incredible.

And even if you buy one "made" in the US, the underlying textile and other materials most likely came from China....... :oops:

500bbc

Reaction score
OH MY GOD!!!!

I just got over my last Ebola infection just in time to come down with SARS now I'm gonna die from drinking Mexican beer?

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
“Masks are not highly effective for the general public, who often don’t wear them correctly,” says Dr. Adalja. In fact, he stresses that the demand for the N95 and other face masks by the public may create supply problems for those who actually need them.

There is no situation in which a face mask might provide increased protection to the general public, even during air travel, says Dr. Adalja. He doesn’t think it helps to see celebrities wearing masks. “It increases panic,” he explains.

More info here: https://www.health.com/condition/infectious-diseases/n95-respirator-mask-coronavirus

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
This virus makes me not want to fly or take mass transit... or go to Walmart :oops::D

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
You clowns are ridiculous with your mask hysteria.
I agree Sharp shooter, I had a liver transplant not to long ago and the surgeon told me To CARRY ( Not wear it all the time) a mask when ever I go into crowds, Airplanes, pharmacies, doctors office, Hospitals, ect,
If there is someone Coughing, sneezing,, to keep me distance and put the mask on, cause of my Compromised Immune system, from Anti rejection Meds, and of course Wash my hands, do not put my fingers near my mouth.
This should be no different for the Coronavirus it is just Common Sense.
Again I'll Tell everyone if you want a Mask Don't worry Just go to your local Hospital, Doctors office, Pharmacy and take one or two, that's how I get mine.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Not sure if it has been covered yet.. but factories in China are shut down. Guess where the masks are made?

NicPaus

Reaction score
I gave my guys a box earlier. Have a few boxes left if someone is in need for traveling.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
I’m not wearing some damn mask unless I’m going to be a surgeon for Halloween :p

wallnutz

Reaction score
Just bought a box of 50 for $5. Thinking I’m going to head down to the airport and make some beer money.🍻

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Wife went to doc for her annual physical yesterday. At check in they made some other woman coughing put on a mask before serving her.
Plenty of masks at doc office.

gqchris

Reaction score
When I was wearing my mask on the train yesterday, this lady looks at me and reluctantly sits down because it was so packed in the seat next to me. First thing she says is. "Are you sick or just preventing?". I told her if I was sick from Cancer or another major illness, that would be a rude question. WTF. Next thing I asked her if she reads the news.

Only in America do we get offended when someone looks different than everyone else.

Sure enough, three minutes in, the coughing and sneezing fired up all over in the train. She put her shirt up over her face the entire ride back from SD, and said she wished now she had a mask!

HCP3

Reaction score
When I was wearing my mask on the train yesterday, this lady looks at me and reluctantly sits down because it was so packed in the seat next to me. First thing she says is. "Are you sick or just preventing?". I told her if I was sick from Cancer or another major illness, that would be a rude question. WTF. Next thing I asked her if she reads the news.

Only in America do we get offended when someone looks different than everyone else.

Sure enough, three minutes in, the coughing and sneezing fired up all over in the train. She put her shirt up over her face the entire ride back from SD, and said she wished now she had a mask!

From what I understand, Japanese people wear masks when they are sick out of common courtesy. Pretty neat. Random fun fact for the day.

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to find them for my 4 fire departments ( on certain medical calls they are needed)...........struck out for two days now..... I have 3 left. The medical supplier used in this area cancelled the 2 cases I had on order.

Baja 252

Reaction score
Saw a Dr today on Fox, he said masks are for sick people. When they cough and hack it catches the crap that you spew out. Masks do nothing for well people, they actually make it worse because they trap airborne stuff and then when you pull, tug or adjust your mask you can transfer it to your eyes or mouth. Same principle as a beard catching the virus and making your chance to get it higher.

4Waters

Reaction score
Saw a Dr today on Fox, he said masks are for sick people. When they cough and hack it catches the crap that you spew out. Masks do nothing for well people, they actually make it worse because they trap airborne stuff and then when you pull, tug or adjust your mask you can transfer it to your eyes or mouth. Same principle as a beard catching the virus and making your chance to get it higher.
Dr. is full of shit, I didn't get tuberculosis because I was wearing an N95 mask, fuker coughed right in my face and splattered my face and mask with blood. He was so far along that he died in less than an hour after dropping him off at the ER.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score

Sounds like Coronavirus is causing you some ”Thin skin” Too. o_O

petie6464

Reaction score
I have a couple dust masks sitting in my tool box. I'm going to put them on FB marketplace for $40 each and buy a couple good cigars with the proceeds.

nowski

Reaction score
I was having breakfast at my favorite place (Guasti's in Chino) the other day. I saw a group of ladies at a table and one of them was wearing a mask. I asked my waitress, how's she going to eat with that mask on? Through a tube? We both shook our heads and laughed...

hallett21

Reaction score

While I think the whole thing is being blown way out of proportion. That’s not accurate. There’s a reason hospital staff, paramedics, emts and other first responders do annual N95 fit test.

They actually have you put on the mask, then put a hood over your head and shoot this nasty smelling gas in there. If you can taste or smell it you know you don’t have a good seal.

Medical staff does request sick patients to where a mask if they are clearly not covering their mouth or if the patient is assumed to have an illness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
BS! Typical media clickbait to generate headlines. If the statement were true, FOX would’ve quoted the “Officials” Names. BTW: If an “Official” is unwilling to go on the record, then media shouldn’t be reporting their BS and RDP membership should avoid spreading their BS

riverroyal

Reaction score
I didnt care for the movie "the mask'.
That all i can add here.
People are fucking insane. I saw a guy in car, alone on a country road wearing a mask today.

4Waters

Reaction score
BS! Typical media clickbait to generate headlines. If the statement were true, FOX would’ve quoted the “Officials” Names. BTW: If an “Official” is unwilling to go on the record, then media shouldn’t be reporting their BS and RDP membership should avoid spreading their BS
Wow, research it, you will find it's true but you liberals don't like to research anything.