WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dutton GMC Black Friday sale

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
1669315783821.gif

If you are lookin for a truck now would be a good time!!

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
That’s a pretty good offer. I hope they have inventory. Been casually looking for a new tahoe / yukon and nobody has inventory at least what I’m looking for. I’m in no rush though. I’ll wait to get what we want.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I’ll wait for the 2024’s since that’s a refresh year. Dealers will be more desperate to clear inventory of stuff on the lot if the new trucks are popular for those upgrading. May even include some CPO stuff.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
When I was in El Paso last week the Ford and Chevy dealers had a bunch of trucks on the lot. My guess is 20-25 on each lot.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That’s a pretty good offer. I hope they have inventory. Been casually looking for a new tahoe / yukon and nobody has inventory at least what I’m looking for. I’m in no rush though. I’ll wait to get what we want.

What are you looking for? I got Stacys Denali through Dutton.. good deal and it was a painless transaction. Dropped it off signed some papers and done.

image.jpg

JM21

Reaction score
Who is the Chevy hookup? I need a traverse for the wife. I see Dutton but is there a certain person?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Who is the Chevy hookup? I need a traverse for the wife. I see Dutton but is there a certain person?

Jason Holley is the rdp Chevy guy (714) 863-3880

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
When I was in El Paso last week the Ford and Chevy dealers had a bunch of trucks on the lot. My guess is 20-25 on each lot.

Dennis Dillon GMC in Boise is sitting on a bunch of trucks. Costco even had a new 4Runner parked by the front door at the Meridian location. Buyers are disappearing faster than Kari Lake votes.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Trucks are everywhere.

SUV’s are the SOB’s. Dealers still asking for markup above anything entry model.

DWC

Reaction score
No, still looking.
My daughter decided she was looking for one this evening. I got a call that they were at the dealership looking to buy😳. Was hoping to get some realistic numbers before she pulls the trigger.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
No you pay Az tax
Are you sure? I heard if it is intended to be registered in CA that the AZ dealers will take the CA tax instead.

Too many Cali try and skirt the higher CA tax by buying out of state and bringing it in. If the dealer doesn’t charge the CA tax (or at least the difference), the CA DMV sure as heck does.

Joe mama

Reaction score
Dennis Dillon GMC in Boise is sitting on a bunch of trucks. Costco even had a new 4Runner parked by the front door at the Meridian location. Buyers are disappearing faster than Kari Lake votes.
I’m heading there before Christmas and going to check it out. Thx for the heads up. Not going there to buy a truck but driving my daughter back for winter break.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Are you sure? I heard if it is intended to be registered in CA that the AZ dealers will take the CA tax instead.

Too many Cali try and skirt the higher CA tax by buying out of state and bringing it in. If the dealer doesn’t charge the CA tax (or at least the difference), the CA DMV sure as heck does.

For my purposes the truck isn’t going back to Cali it’s an AZ truck?

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
For my purposes the truck isn’t going back to Cali it’s an AZ truck?
Yeah I get that for you but it seemed it was a question asked that buying in AZ but not registering in AZ would get around the CA sales tax. CA has figured that out and closed the loophole.

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
No you pay Az tax
If I found a car online that was in... say Alabama, do I pay California taxes or Alabama? And why do cars out of state seem to be a bit less? For reference I'm looking at Truecar.com, my federal credit union suggested them...

240Hallett

Reaction score
If I found a car online that was in... say Alabama, do I pay California taxes or Alabama? And why do cars out of state seem to be a bit less? For reference I'm looking at Truecar.com, my federal credit union suggested them...
That probably depends on whether you register it at your Alabama address or California address.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
For the purchasing out of state questions, and tax. Each state is different, but usually it boils down to about the same thing. You can set it up to pay the taxes where you register it. I was a salesman and manager for a few years and have handled a few of these in my day. I also know when Jason Holley sold me my truck, he was dropping one off in Havasu for a board member that night.

If you are coming into So Cal from Washington, as an example, the dealer can set you up with a "one way trip permit" for 75 bucks that pretty much says, you are buying it, and driving it straight back to Washington, and no, I am not going to make a vacation out of it going up and down the coast. Then, in Washington, you will pay what is owed in tax and registration. Also, the dealer can hold on behalf of Washington if they so choose.

The only thing I am not very clear about as it was always a bit political when I was at Chevy and Cadillac, is franchise territory rights, and the risks involved in selling a new vehicle into someone elses territory. I saw GM's do it often enough, I have also seen them be told not to do it. I think Ziggy would know more about that side of things. Its definitely a big deal with the exotics, otherwise Wynn Ferrari would sell to everyone they could, no one could compete with a free vegas vacation out of it.

boatpi

Reaction score
In almost every case, a dealer or anyone selling some thing from California must have an ICC come in carrier bill of lading to prove on an audit that Tax was not collected.

Join speaking to hire an ICC common carrier to ship the vehicle out of state. Have you sign a notarized document, notarized in the receiving state, and then provide that manufactures certificate of origin to you on providing them the signed document.

California will bust your balls if you just do a one-way trip permit it’s not gonna happen on a vehicle.
In addition, California does not accept a resale certificate from any other state.

Icky

Reaction score
I bought my ram in AZ and registered in Ca(yes I'm stupid) taxes are reciprocating between the states. You pay the difference in taxes to the ca dmv plus all the other fees with registration. You also need to have a smog check done, certified weight ticket from the scales and vin verification done at the dmv. If you have a loan you need to start at the DMV so they can give you the paperwork needed to send to your loan company for them to send the original title directly to the dmv. Once they receive that you can go back and complete your registration.

Hypnautic

Reaction score
Ive bought vehicles from 4 different states--only PIA was the one I bought in CA
My T-Bird came out of Ohio and registered in NV
My XLR-V came out of Kentucky and registered in NV
Our Escalade was bought here in NV and registered in OR
----In each of these transactions the selling state collected the registering states sales tax (except the NV to OR as there was no sales tax on used vehicles at the time)

When I bought our Daughter her A4 in CA the Dealership told us we have to pay CA sales tax.
Told me it was the law. I argued against that and even showed him where they are allowed to collect the registering states sales tax or none at all, and I would need to pay when I registered it in the state. I got the whole--I've been doing this for 20+ years blah, blah and I let him know that I was sorry for him being wrong for all that time. In the end the difference between CA and NV sales tax was less than $200 so I paid the CA tax. I told him it would just be refunded when car was registered in NV--which he said it would not be (again wrong). Refund was around $140. Then about 3 months after owning the car--we got a notice from the CA DMV to register the car. Notice had a CA license plate number we had never been issued. Called DMV and sent them proof car was registered in NV 2 days after purchase and they closed that registration.

Reactions: DWC

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
I bought my f250 had the California dealer ship it to my house in Havasu. I paid AZ taxes