WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

e bikes

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
took a ride on a super 73 last weekend and had a blast!! school me on E bikes. are they all this pricey? the S73 seat sucked tho. But hauled butt and great range. What to look for?

JFMFG

Reaction score
took a ride on a super 73 last weekend and had a blast!! school me on E bikes. are they all this pricey? the S73 seat sucked tho. But hauled butt and great range. What to look for?
What kind of riding will you primarily be doing?

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score

And yes... the good ones are expensive

Picked one up from a warehouse in Cerritos. Picked the other up at their location in Mesa, AZ. Super nice employees that tossed in a couple shirts when I did the AZ pickup.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
We have 2 soul e bikes for the wife and I. We use it for this exact thing. Love them.
Same as you. The Souls are nice bikes but a little pricey but worth it to us. The funny thing is for some reason the wife goes a little faster than I am able. Might be my fat ass. LOL

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Same as you. The Souls are nice bikes but a little pricey but worth it to us. The funny thing is for some reason the wife goes a little faster than I am able. Might be my fat ass. LOL
I will confirm... it is your fat ass.

We rode them down to the Desert Storm Street Party. Besides trying to navigate giant bikes through the crowd, they were great. We got a ton of compliments.

On the way back up to the Foothills, the wife could go about 25-ish.... I could only go about 19 mph. I think I have about 75 lbs extra riding on my bike 🤣

One thing you have to know before you purchase... they're pretty damn heavy

JFMFG

Reaction score
Do you both have the 750w battery? Some of them only have 500w unless you do battery upgrades.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Soul bikes are nice, we have them. I do find them to be big and bulky sometimes and don’t want to take them camping.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Do you both have the 750w battery? Some of them only have 500w unless you do battery upgrades.
yes, we both have the same model of bike. I believe that it is the 750w. It is just that I am a bit heavier than she is.

JFMFG

Reaction score
yes, we both have the same model of bike. I believe that it is the 750w. It is just that I am a bit heavier than she is.
I guess I’ve never opened either of ours up as we have 2 little ones that ride on the front of each of ours.

Attachments

• 59FB4C68-B642-4FC4-B476-68BD41FE3D02.jpeg
    59FB4C68-B642-4FC4-B476-68BD41FE3D02.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 79
  • D02DB3D1-6238-4E72-B8D4-623C4D3DA31A.jpeg
    D02DB3D1-6238-4E72-B8D4-623C4D3DA31A.jpeg
    722.6 KB · Views: 79

Mcintyrelocal

Reaction score
We have S73's we love them but yes the seats suck! They are pretty spendy but they to have quality that alot of others don't and a cool retro look. We are very happy with them but will be getting the upgraded Memory Foam seats... Lol

rrrr

Reaction score
And yes... the good ones are expensive
I have no plans to buy an e-bike. Ever. But I do want to pass on something I've discovered about cheap Chinese e-bikes.

You get what you pay for. If this happens in your house in the middle of the night...well, you know.

This brings to mind fire extinguishers. How many do you have in your home? I have two 5BCs in my bedroom closet. There's a 10BC under the kitchen sink. In the garage there's a 10BC hanging at the entry door into the house, and another one on the wall between the garage doors.

I have six 10BCs mounted on the walls around the shop. It's 50' X 40'.

If you don't knock it down in the first two minutes, there's nothing you can do but grab the cat, run outside, and call 911. Well, that and start filming with your phone.

:oops:

Last edited:

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
I guess I’ve never opened either of ours up as we have 2 little ones that ride on the front of each of ours.
when coming back home and going up hill the wife is a little faster so I have to continue to peddle to keep up with her. Looks like you got the family dialed in for rides. That is awesome!!!!

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
We rented some e bikes in Bryce Canyon last week. They were radpowerbikes with the 750w motor. They rode great, went to around 22 mph, and after riding 20 miles the batteries still had 4 of 5 bars showing for charge.

I don't know much about e bikes, but based on that experience I'd consider the rad bikes if I was shopping for one.

JFMFG

Reaction score
when coming back home and going up hill the wife is a little faster so I have to continue to peddle to keep up with her. Looks like you got the family dialed in for rides. That is awesome!!!!
These things are the best investment we use them quite a bit with the motorhome. We usually ride hb to Newport quite a bit also during winter and summer and bar hop the way down.

Bruce

Reaction score
Check out Murff they’re out of San Clemente. Great bikes.

Attachments

• 39A2607F-FF1E-4BE5-ABA7-30178451C860.jpeg
    39A2607F-FF1E-4BE5-ABA7-30178451C860.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
  • 2B3F14FB-CD7B-4246-BA56-16B435538BDB.jpeg
    2B3F14FB-CD7B-4246-BA56-16B435538BDB.jpeg
    937.2 KB · Views: 55

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
I have no plans to buy an e-bike. Ever. But I do want to pass on something I've discovered about cheap Chinese e-bikes.

You get what you pay for. If this happens in your house in the middle of the night...well, you know.

This brings to mind fire extinguishers. How many do you have in your home? I have two 5BCs in my bedroom closet. There's a 10BC under the kitchen sink. In the garage there's a 10BC hanging at the entry door into the house, and another one on the wall between the garage doors.

If you don't knock it down in the first two minutes, there's nothing you can do but grab the cat, run outside, and call 911. Well, that and start filming with your phone.

I've seen a couple videos like this. Would a fire extinguisher even work for a battery fire?

Soul batteries come off the bike. So I always charge them on my work bench near the garage door while we're at home. Garage Ring Cameras would go off if anything got crazy.

Charging them outside is probably the safest but that's not always an option in Havasu.

I will go pick up a few fire extinguishers. My only option right now is the boat fire extinguisher.

But the house has sprinklers because we're in the Foothills. I'm not certain that they're in the garage but I think so.

K-DOG

Reaction score
We rented some e bikes in Bryce Canyon last week. They were radpowerbikes with the 750w motor. They rode great, went to around 22 mph, and after riding 20 miles the batteries still had 4 of 5 bars showing for charge.

I don't know much about e bikes, but based on that experience I'd consider the rad bikes if I was shopping for one.
Wife and I both have Radrunners. Great bikes. No complaints.

Javajoe

Reaction score

Wife has a Rad Powerbike 2. Loves it. Right now they have 700.00 off of their top of the line model. Puts it at 1300.00. Nice bikes

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
We had 2 radcity and 2 radmission bikes, they were all great

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score
Just be aware that I did see the cops cracking down on this the other week. Just a little food for thought. If you see a cop make sure. You don't go over 20 MPH

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1683759882095.jpg
    FB_IMG_1683759882095.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 50
  • FB_IMG_1683759887968.jpg
    FB_IMG_1683759887968.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 52
  • FB_IMG_1683759892681.jpg
    FB_IMG_1683759892681.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 51

Badchoices03

Reaction score
There are many good ones, mostly all made in China, just depends on they style you are looking for...beach cruiser, sporty, big and comfy, small and nimble...Super73's are the most popular for youngsters....my wife and son both have one, and they work well, no issues even when carrying me...

Me personally, I really dig the look of the Zooz bike, has that classic bmx styling...I have not rode one, but I hear pretty good things about them

zooz.jpg

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
Ditto on Rad Power Bikes. Wife and I have the Rad Rover plus fat tire model and love them. Well made, fun to ride and nice looking bikes. Good luck!

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
My buddy owns Epic Power Bikes in San Clemente. He’s been hustling these things for a few years now and last year opened a full service brick and mortar shop. They sell all the different configurations and service all brands as well. Nice family guy, putting in the work, maybe give him a shot at your business.

I picked up his flagship model last year, first bike sold out of new shop while he was still doing the TI work. He added a front shock, and removable basket. I opted for the step through for convienace and with the basket you’d it’s just not an option to throw your leg over it.

This thing is heavy and as a regular bike it’s no Bueno, bad ergonomics for pedaling, brutally heavy at 70lbs, etc…however as an E-bike and pedal assist it’s badass, super plush cruiser and very enjoyable for long rides. Tops out about 25mph and 40 mile range on flat ground with a tail wind. Most I’ve ridden in a day was about 30 miles and I’m ready to not ride anymore after that LOL

I would look at the smaller bikes if you want to take them places or even the foldable versions of your doing RV stuff. Of you’re gonna ride local and have garage space, go with the big comfy cruiser like this one. Bluetooth speaker, phone holder, basket for water, lock and sweatshirt and your good to go, this has built in headlight and tail light also.

F9FB1133-9CC4-4B13-AAC6-5CFA4F74EF09.jpeg

DwatsPdx

Reaction score

Me and the wife also have Soul's. What child seat do you have on yours? My wife has been looking but hasn't found anything yet.

JFMFG

Reaction score
Me and the wife also have Soul's. What child seat do you have on yours? My wife has been looking but hasn't found anything yet.
We have 2 different ones. My bike has a gusset under the seat that didn’t work with my sons seat so he got moved to my wife’s as here doesn’t have a gusset. I know my daughters is a Thule. And my sons is off Amazon.

DwatsPdx

Reaction score
We have 2 different ones. My bike has a gusset under the seat that didn’t work with my sons seat so he got moved to my wife’s as here doesn’t have a gusset. I know my daughters is a Thule. And my sons is off Amazon.

I have the one that you use on yours. My wife is looking for one that will fit hers like your wife has. We will check out Amazon.

JFMFG

Reaction score
Thanks JFMFG. Ill order this one today.
No problem. Happy to help I tried at least 10 seats trying to find one that would work on these bikes so any help I can be I have no problem sharing.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score

Does this have a tendency to happen while charging or just sitting idle? I have to imagine it's charging related.

Mine are never left on the charger unattended.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Just depends on how you want to ride but ebikes are a game changer here at the shore. As I aged I got less crazy about peddling up some of our hills. I use a couple "Pedal Assist" Rads and love em. One is big boy for me and other smaller one is for the gals. I put a basket on my big one and go to grocery and nursery so hardly need a car most days. I bought an extra battery which cost $650. We ran into a guy on his crazy 65 mph ebike he builds in garage in Huntington Beach. You can find his site online if need super speed. https://www.lark-moto.com/
Tons of ebike builders available so enjoy checking em all out. I think my Rads go around $1500 so no need to spend more I wouldn't think.
Ebike 1.jpg
Ebike 2.jpg
Ebike 3.jpg

Reactions: DWC

boatnam2

Reaction score
I have a Pedego i have had for about 12 years, it rides good just pedaling without power, had to do it not by choice a few times lol, My Soul I wouldn't want to pedal around the block without juice. There is a guy in HB who distributes the souls and always has 5-10 on hand for same day deal, cut out the warehouse pickup dealio.

JFMFG

Reaction score
I have a Pedego i have had for about 12 years, it rides good just pedaling without power, had to do it not by choice a few times lol, My Soul I wouldn't want to pedal around the block without juice. There is a guy in HB who distributes the souls and always has 5-10 on hand for same day deal, cut out the warehouse pickup dealio.
My soul has died a few times one my little one was in a trailer behind it with 60lbs of shit probably man was it miserable lol

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score
I took my dog down to the dog park in the channel today.
The cop was trying to catch two guys down in the channel riding their electric mountain bikes cop did not have a chance in his Polaris ranger. The guy's on electric mountain bikes had to be doing a minimum of 60 miles per hour.
They were hauling the mail for sure.