WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Earthquake right now

500bbc

Reaction score
Ok. Its spure of the moment but the goofy Caltech lesbian de jure is irritating as fuck.

530RL

Reaction score
Dad is playing in the WSOP in Vegas and they stopped the tournament.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
So California is finally falling off??!

.......about time!

All kidding aside, hope everyone is ok

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Just walked my wife through turning off the gas line, the water main, gas to furnace, gas to dryer, gas and water to water heater, water to washer, etc... Gonna buy some water we usually have a ton of non perishables.

4Waters

Reaction score
Just walked my wife through turning off the gas line, the water main, gas to furnace, gas to dryer, gas and water to water heater, water to washer, etc... Gonna buy some water we usually have a ton of non perishables.
I did that with my daughter yesterday, she is 12 and sometimes stays home when we run out for a few, now she knows how to shut off the gas and I gave her further information about what to do if she smells gas basically grab the dogs and head upwind until you dont smell it.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Did not feel in Kingman..kind of weird that Havasu and Bullhead did.

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
I did that with my daughter yesterday, she is 12 and sometimes stays home when we run out for a few, now she knows how to shut off the gas and I gave her further information about what to do if she smells gas basically grab the dogs and head upwind until you dont smell it.

Do you have an earthquake valve?

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
Lucy is so knowledgeable, when she speaks , we all should listen!
Totally agree. I’m a huge fan.
D77CB8CB-5C30-477E-868C-34BC3671D431.jpeg

Hallett Dave

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
Yes. Resets with a flat head screw driver. And they do work. My dogs slammed s bone into the gas meter and it tripped it.

It's a mandatory requirement here in LA when you sell a house

I'm very familiar with the San Andreas and the Garlock and Goler faults.
Yesterday very early morning our five year old Double Yellow head parrot woke us up and she was very distressed.
We live in Mohave Valley and we did not feel anything
The same thing happened this evening. We thought she may have had a stroke.
She is okay. Animals are more acute to seismic events than humans.
I feel sad for the residents in Ridge Crest that were affected by these seismic events.
I pray that everyone is safe.
You can't blame this on Global Warming, can you!
It is just mother nature doing her thing.

Last edited:

4Waters

Reaction score
Yes. Resets with a flat head screw driver. And they do work. My dogs slammed s bone into the gas meter and it tripped it.

It's a mandatory requirement here in LA when you sell a house
I'm going to have to look into it

84miller

Reaction score
Native CA 1955, been though multiple. I watched the news on the 6.4, when she stated 5% chance of a larger than 6.4 occurring. I did not take it to serious as I cannot remember a larger quake occurring after a pretty large one. But it happened, let's see what the future holds. I also kinda remember her saying on the 6.4 that "two" faults merged on that quake, showing the faults on a map. Hang in there folks that is all you can do. My safety tip, get to the nearest doorway, if barefooted do not run around, my sister cut her foot on glass on the Whitter quake. Do not run outside, more important not to if you have multiple story buildings out the door. Once the quake ends, stay calm, turn off the gas, and follow what has been posted on this thread. It also would be a good idea to know how to turn off your immediate neighbor's gas.

thmterry

Reaction score
I live in Ridgecrest but was at the river during the big ones. After the 6.4 I checked my house cameras and everything looked ok so we stayed in Willow Valley. Then last night we felt the 7.1 earthquake while at the river (240 miles from Ridgecrest). I checked my cameras again but now I had no access. I called the friend I had checking my house and he was all distraught. Older gentleman that has collected old glass containers for 50 plus years. He said everything had fallen down and he couldn't even walk in his house because there was glass everywhere. So I told him I would come home and for him not to worry about my place.

I got home around 1 am and found all the wives collectibles all over the ground busted, quite a bit of stuff had fallen off shelves and cabinets, a broken water line spewing water outside and a few other minor things. Overall we came out pretty unscathed. My kids pool apparently made waves big enough to wash water into the master bedroom and a screen room. Waiting to see what happens next. Havent had a chance to go check my rentals yet. I called all of them and most were out of town for the holidays and am sure I will be getting some phone calls tomorrow.

nowski

Reaction score
This was by far the best earthquake news coverage I've seen. Were having an earthquake, hurry get under the desk before anyone notices...

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I live in Ridgecrest but was at the river during the big ones. After the 6.4 I checked my house cameras and everything looked ok so we stayed in Willow Valley. Then last night we felt the 7.1 earthquake while at the river (240 miles from Ridgecrest). I checked my cameras again but now I had no access. I called the friend I had checking my house and he was all distraught. Older gentleman that has collected old glass containers for 50 plus years. He said everything had fallen down and he couldn't even walk in his house because there was glass everywhere. So I told him I would come home and for him not to worry about my place.

I got home around 1 am and found all the wives collectibles all over the ground busted, quite a bit of stuff had fallen off shelves and cabinets, a broken water line spewing water outside and a few other minor things. Overall we came out pretty unscathed. My kids pool apparently made waves big enough to wash water into the master bedroom and a screen room. Waiting to see what happens next. Havent had a chance to go check my rentals yet. I called all of them and most were out of town for the holidays and am sure I will be getting some phone calls tomorrow.

Hope everything works out for you and everyone there