WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Echo Gets New Launch Ramp

NicPaus

Reaction score
Phase 2 is complete they just have to let it cure. They poured more cement 20" thick 140 yards Jeff said over the top in the walley portion at bottom of ramp. Now you back out into water 20' and boat trailer will drop so boat floats. Makes my golfcart useless for trying to load a ski. The ski will hit bottom 25' from shore. 2wheel drive will work but you will have to add a extension to breather on your rear differential and make sure not to open door when a boat passes. I have pics but I think the camera cord is at home. Beach works fine with 4wd but the fucking golfcart cant pull ski out gets stuck in the sand. Found a 4x4 Golfcart but to much$$$$

BKinSoCal

Reaction score
Phase 2 is complete they just have to let it cure. They poured more cement 20" thick 140 yards Jeff said over the top in the walley portion at bottom of ramp. Now you back out into water 20' and boat trailer will drop so boat floats. Makes my golfcart useless for trying to load a ski. The ski will hit bottom 25' from shore. 2wheel drive will work but you will have to add a extension to breather on your rear differential and make sure not to open door when a boat passes. I have pics but I think the camera cord is at home. Beach works fine with 4wd but the fucking golfcart cant pull ski out gets stuck in the sand. Found a 4x4 Golfcart but to much$$$$

This is a joke, right? Funny, haha? Did they seriously do what you wrote above? I know most things are done half-assed at Echo, but they couldn't even fix the ramp remotely the right way? They're gong to just keep pushing people out of the park...but maybe that's their goal? Maybe there's going to be a Phase 3 where they do the right thing and cut out the concrete from the waterline out, dredge it and then repour...naw, that would be the right thing to do...

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Wow 14 more trucks of concrete.

Is this thing now a boating hazard at low water levels?

---
I am here: Google Maps
Sent from my high performance threadcraping iPhone.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Wow 14 more trucks of concrete.

Is this thing now a boating hazard at low water levels?

No it has a big red wall that sticks out you will hit before you bottom out. If youre running up river wrong direction you would bottom out right before the wall.

NicPaus

Reaction score
This is a joke, right? Funny, haha? Did they seriously do what you wrote above? I know most things are done half-assed at Echo, but they couldn't even fix the ramp remotely the right way? They're gong to just keep pushing people out of the park...but maybe that's their goal? Maybe there's going to be a Phase 3 where they do the right thing and cut out the concrete from the waterline out, dredge it and then repour...naw, that would be the right thing to do...

They doweled the 2nd pour to the first pour its 30" thick. Still would not be hard to tear it out with the big loader they have as I watched them pour the first one and they just left the rebar in the dirt and ran out of rebar last section.

Hard to see in picture but I walked out there. Right before wall ends it drops off now. All 4 wheels will be in the water to launch.

Attachments

• ramp 009.jpg
    ramp 009.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 223

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
So this has done nothing to remedy the fact that the launch ramp goes level at the water line! By adding a "second phase" or more like a second launch ramp you still will need a lifted 4 x 4 to use this thing. As mentioned before... Some of us can not even get out to the flat portion due to our trailers bottoming out. I sure hope they don't give me a hard time for launching from the beach as I have no other options. My next trip is Nov 4 - 6. I will try to take some water level pics! Just when you think CRA can't do anything to surprise you.... They find a way. :thumbsdown

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
Beach works fine with 4wd but the fucking golfcart cant pull ski out gets stuck in the sand. Found a 4x4 Golfcart but to much$$$$

I would let you use the Rhino.... But you know how the park feels about them:smackbum:

NicPaus

Reaction score
So this has done nothing to remedy the fact that the launch ramp goes level at the water line! By adding a "second phase" or more like a second launch ramp you still will need a lifted 4 x 4 to use this thing. As mentioned before... Some of us can not even get out to the flat portion due to our trailers bottoming out. I sure hope they don't give me a hard time for launching from the beach as I have no other options. My next trip is Nov 4 - 6. I will try to take some water level pics! Just when you think CRA can't do anything to surprise you.... They find a way. :thumbsdown

Your trailer wont bottom out no more. It is flat all the way out until the drop at end of wall. Problem is all 4 tires will be in water and most 2wd lose all traction when wet. I walked it out to see and your rear tires will be 20' out in water although its only 12-18" deep there depending on water level and time. The trailer drops off the end pretty sharp and can see issues with trying to pull boat back out with all tires wet. I beach launched right in front of Denny and he did not say anything.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
Your trailer wont bottom out no more. It is flat all the way out until the drop at end of wall. Problem is all 4 tires will be in water and most 2wd lose all traction when wet. I walked it out to see and your rear tires will be 20' out in water although its only 12-18" deep there depending on water level and time. The trailer drops off the end pretty sharp and can see issues with trying to pull boat back out with all tires wet. I beach launched right in front of Denny and he did not say anything.

My trailer bottoms out before I even make it to the flat area! Both prop guard and keel guard!

Attachments

• echo ramp.jpg
    echo ramp.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 192

NicPaus

Reaction score
My trailer bottoms out before I even make it to the flat area! Both prop guard and keel guard!

I dont know how to draw it and its hard to see in my picture. Imagine the 2' in your diagram and add 20" of concrete on top of it to and make the transition more gradual so it seems flat from top to drop in river in your diagram. Next week someone will be able to attempt to use it and give feedback.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
Won't be me because I can't even make it into the water. Saulo (sp ?) Better keep the work truck ready to pull out stalled launch vehicles.

Sent via Android!

hulihan

Reaction score
Would one get in trouble for just backing down the beach, that seems the safest and easiest way to get it in and out, if you have 4X4 ? I was told last week by someone at the Office of Echo Lodge, that they were going to fix it once and for all and would be done in the next couple of weeks, but I am not sure what that ment !

Last edited:

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
I don't think there is a "phase 3" which would be to start all over. I guess they could pour another 20" on top of the flat area but I doubt that. The info you heard was done when they poured the portion last week. I am sorry to say that we will be stuck with a pos ramp. I will be launching from the sand.

Sent via Android!

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
I dont know how to draw it and its hard to see in my picture. Imagine the 2' in your diagram and add 20" of concrete on top of it to and make the transition more gradual so it seems flat from top to drop in river in your diagram. Next week someone will be able to attempt to use it and give feedback.

Ok, then maybe I won't bottom out. I thought they just added to the end of "Phase 1". Thanks for clearing it up!

500bbc

Reaction score
Soooooo at this point everyone in the park needs a new lifted 4x4 just to use the ramp?

I see an opportunity here, "Sure I'll launch you, $10.00".:p

LowRiver2

Reaction score
For another choice:

Saw a 3 bed/2 bath mobile at River Shores for $110k, 25X45 garage, space rent around $350, and you don't have to tow sxs's out of the park in daisy chain behind a pickup, just a thought;)

Rock house is a great ramp, sux about that new ramp.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
For another choice:

Saw a 3 bed/2 bath mobile at River Shores for $110k, 25X45 garage, space rent around $350, and you don't have to tow sxs's out of the park in daisy chain behind a pickup, just a thought;)

Rock house is a great ramp, sux about that new ramp.

I can't leave Echo... I would be missed too much:drnkfr