WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Echos in the Canyon on Netflix

rightytighty

Reaction score
Just when I thought I’d watched all the good stuff on Netflix, found this gem last night.

It’s on the origins of the California music scene in Laurel Canyon from around ‘65-‘66.
I really enjoy historyand didn’t know much about The Birds, Buffalo Springfield and the cross pollination with the Beatles and The Beach Boys etc. Main guy is Jakob Dylan (son of Bob) , so I found it a little pretentious at times, but mostly very enjoyable.

check it out if you like history and music

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
If you like that, try to find Legends Of The Canyon, it goes deeper and has more archival footage of CS&N and others hanging out with Cass Elliot's place with Joni Mitchell, etc. It used to be on YouTube, but now there's only previews of it and to even find the DVD it's over $100.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
If you like that, try to find Legends Of The Canyon, it goes deeper and has more archival footage of CS&N and others hanging out with Cass Elliot's place with Joni Mitchell, etc. It used to be on YouTube, but now there's only previews of it and to even find the DVD it's over $100.

C-2

Reaction score
Just when I thought I’d watched all the good stuff on Netflix, found this gem last night.

It’s on the origins of the California music scene in Laurel Canyon from around ‘65-‘66.
I really enjoy historyand didn’t know much about The Birds, Buffalo Springfield and the cross pollination with the Beatles and The Beach Boys etc. Main guy is Jakob Dylan (son of Bob) , so I found it a little pretentious at times, but mostly very enjoyable.

check it out if you like history and music

Yup, it's a good documentary, not the same rinse and repeat flashback stories over and over again. 👍