WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Eclipse Toy hauler

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I own an Eclipse Iconic toyhauler. It’s a 2017 model. The exterior is built like a brick shit house. Zero problems there. I would add a couple of things different but those are personal preference over full function. Interior is built a solid 7-8 out of ten. Cabinets are nice but patching hardware could be better. I hate mini blinds so those suck. And switch wiring and mounting is horrible. I have had no mechanical failures but some wear and tear on cabinets and switches.

Icky

Reaction score
BIL had his attitude bought back a few years ago, 5th wheel frame kept flexing and breaking the fiberglass cap.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
My brother has had 2 Attitudes. 1 was a pile 1 was good. He currently has a Genesis so far so good.
I’m looking at buying an Attitude around tax return time.

A 2011 will need work most likely. Roof redone and all new caulking around everything. I’m willing to bet the bearings and brakes have never been looked at.

I would look for water damage and frame issues. Those would be deal breakers. Unless you dam near get it for free.

*Disclaimer all a RV’s are piles of glue and staples thrown together as fast as possible. Maybe you get lucky and get a good one maybe you don’t lol

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Lippert supplies allot of RV manufacturers the trailer frames.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Have a few friends with Attitude Toyhaulers in our group and they are all happy with them. They are probably average as far as quality, but they are on the lower end price wise. All RV's are junk until you go thru them and fix all the factory blems. If you can find a smoking deal go for it. Everything on Toyhaulers are easily fixed!

shockwave714

Reaction score
You are correct lippert does supply a lot of frames for trailers. The problem was eclipse undersized their frames for the weight of the trailer. And they did not stand behind their product.

Mototrig

Reaction score
What are the issues to look for with the 2006 Eclipse Attitude toy haulers? I'm going to look at a 25' front bathroom model this Saturday
"Edit 2006"
Screenshot_20191113-091242.png

Last edited:

CLdrinker

Reaction score
You are correct lippert does supply a lot of frames for trailers. The problem was eclipse undersized their frames for the weight of the trailer. And they did not stand behind their product.
I can believe that. But name an RV company that stands behind anything. Once your out of the driveway they don’t give a shit. None of them do.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I had an Eclipse Attitude FSAK 30' bumper pull. Triple axle. Pretty long to tow.

The front cap got a bit wrinkled over time. It was pretty thin.
The graphics faded. But in Havasu heat that's no surprise.
The rear drop bed motor had some issues. But that's a supplier issue not Eclipse fault per se.
I added a second AC but the house panel couldn't handle it, so I ran it off a separate extension cord and plugged directly into separate power.
The fuel station option had some shit parts that I had to replace.
A couple straps underneath for the water tanks had to be replaced.
I never had any issues with sagging or frame gusset issues.
Some of the fit and finish was sub par, but not horrible.
I liked it and would buy another.

shockwave714

Reaction score
I can believe that. But name an RV company that stands behind anything. Once your out of the driveway they don’t give a shit. None of them do.

Do some Google search and then you’ll believe it. They’ve changed the size of their frame they’re using a larger frame now.

shockwave714

Reaction score
It’s all good not trying to get in a pissing match have a good day.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Looked at new Attitudes at the RV show this year.....Yuk! looked and felt like crap inside... Genesis / Vortex felt much better to me. Will be going with them once we iron out some future plans.

Get a hold of @dirtyduner

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Looked at new Attitudes at the RV show this year.....Yuk! looked and felt like crap inside... Genesis / Vortex felt much better to me. Will be going with them once we iron out some future plans.

Get a hold of @dirtyduner

I agree. But Genesis is getting pricey and Eclipse has way better floor plans IMHO.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I agree. But Genesis is getting pricey and Eclipse has way better floor plans IMHO.

unless Eclipse is a lesser model than Attitude I found it to be the opposite between genesis and attitude.

anyways good luck with the search.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
unless Eclipse is a lesser model than Attitude I found it to be the opposite between genesis and attitude.

Eclipse builds Attitude, Stellar and Iconic.

Different strokes for different folks is all. I’m looking at the big bumper pulls mainly. Genesis really sucks in that area. They don’t have any dual slide models where Eclipse has 4 or 5

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Eclipse toyhaulers owners chat

Different strokes for different folks is all. I’m looking at the big bumper pulls mainly. Genesis really sucks in that area. They don’t have any dual slide models where Eclipse has 4 or 5

pulling the trigger on a 16’ 3222 swg Attitiude
17’ to first cabinet, twin lithium ion batts.

only concern is Eclipse installed a bunch of smaller than advertised grey water tanks in 14-18 models of all sizes.
Trick is to get a water flow measuring meter off amazon and fill it.
Eclipse will replace under warranty.
The supplier of tanks screwed up and shipped smaller tanks under the larger capacity model number.
The eclipse chat FB group has a lot of good info. On the trailers.

LowRiver2

Reaction score

Eclipse is parent co.

Attitude is sold in so cal exclusively by Giant, all other so cal dealers have to sell iconic or stellar.
All made on same line.
Attitudes are only ones to get different vinyl color graphics (whoo hoo) lol
Interior colors vary but to say quality is different from one name of eclipse to another is BS. Literally made on same assembly line.

Genesis is good , just not into non 3 axle bumper pulls and genesis doesn’t go there

LowRiver2

Reaction score

Older (2013 and older)
Have not heard of newer ones having that issue
The 3222’s are different all together, look underneath at the side supports.
Another reason to go big in bumper pulls, the mfg.’s can’t skimp on frame steel with 30’+ frames.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Older (2013 and older)
Have not heard of newer ones having that issue
The 3222’s are different all together, look underneath at the side supports.
Another reason to go big in bumper pulls, the mfg.’s can’t skimp on frame steel with 30’+ frames.
What do you know about the 28IBG and 3016GS? Those are the ones I’m looking at.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Eclipse toyhaulers owners chat

pulling the trigger on a 16’ 3222 swg Attitiude
17’ to first cabinet, twin lithium ion batts.

only concern is Eclipse installed a bunch of smaller than advertised grey water tanks in 14-18 models of all sizes.
Trick is to get a water flow measuring meter off amazon and fill it.
Eclipse will replace under warranty.
The supplier of tanks screwed up and shipped smaller tanks under the larger capacity model number.
The eclipse chat FB group has a lot of good info. On the trailers.

that is interesting I feel like my gray tank and black are smaller than advertised. I fill them up fast much faster than any other toyhauler I’ve had

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Attitude is not exclusive to Giant.
For SO CAL dealers new it is

please show us a dealer in LA, Riverside , San Berdo counties that sells attitiudes?
Giant has the deal to only sell them in those counties.
Norco Rv , Mike Thompson , Richardson’s, DDRV all sell iconics and stellars for a reason
Not a big deal as stated they are all the same

LowRiver2

Reaction score
that is interesting I feel like my gray tank and black are smaller than advertised. I fill them up fast much faster than any other toyhauler I’ve had
284D38B9-1F15-4A7E-B8B4-38BDB1C6875D.jpeg
Try one of these and fill the tank
Many are getting 30 gal. Instead of listed 50
There is a part # on tank but some tanks had the wrong serial #
Most are grey water tanks

CLdrinker

Reaction score
For SO CAL dealers new it is

please show us a dealer in LA, Riverside , San Berdo counties that sells attitiudes?
Giant has the deal to only sell them in those counties.
Norco Rv , Mike Thompson , Richardson’s, DDRV all sell iconics and stellars for a reason
Not a big deal as stated they are all the same
7BECE55E-869F-48D1-AC0F-266824E3AC67.png

Attachments

• 0F8ADD1F-E8FC-46CE-9F6B-47520D081844.png
    0F8ADD1F-E8FC-46CE-9F6B-47520D081844.png
    647.1 KB · Views: 68

pkrrvr619

Reaction score

I have a bumper pull TH and was looking into a 5er instead. What do you like about bumper pulls over a 5er? Interested in hearing your thoughts.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I have a bumper pull TH and was looking into a 5er instead. What do you like about bumper pulls over a 5er? Interested in hearing your thoughts.
With a bumper pull I can get 16’ of toy storage plus 8’ of the bed of the truck.
That’s 24’ of room for toys. I don’t know of a 5th wheel with that much storage. Plus my truck wouldn’t be able to haul a 5th wheel that big.

Big Bumper pulls suck for backing into RV spaces and outside storage is horrible. Where 5th wheels are excellent in those areas.
It all comes down to the intended purpose and what your needs are.

LowRiver2

Reaction score

CLdrinker

Reaction score
O

hah!
You can tell Kevin Flores at Eclipse he lied.
He’s the main contact for warranty issues with Eclipse

Of note, hesperia and Palmdale are over 50 miles from any Giant Dealer
Call Eclipse and I’d wager a coors light there is no new attitude closer for sale to a Giant dealer for a reason

First you said Giant was exclusive, then you said by county now miles???

I would imagine any dealer that wants to carry an Eclipse product can do so. It just wouldn’t be very smart to carry the same product as your competition down the street. Hence the Iconic and Stellar.

BTW all I hear is Giant RV horror stories.

Icky

Reaction score

I would imagine any dealer that wants to carry an Eclipse product can do so. It just wouldn’t be very smart to carry the same product as your competition down the street. Hence the Iconic and Stellar.

Major Rv is definitely worth checking prices at vs giant, at least it was a few years back

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Major Rv is definitely worth checking prices at vs giant, at least it was a few years back
They are way cheaper. But here is the catch, no service department. When I asked how they handled warranty issues they changed the subject.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
They are way cheaper. But here is the catch, no service department. When I asked how they handled warranty issues they changed the subject.

That's a deal breaker on any new RV. They all need warranty repair at some point.

LowRiver2

Reaction score

I would imagine any dealer that wants to carry an Eclipse product can do so. It just wouldn’t be very smart to carry the same product as your competition down the street. Hence the Iconic and Stellar.Literally the only differences are stickers and a name

Obviously you just like to argue and that’s fine end of the day giant has a some deal with Eclipse to be the only one in there is service area to sell attitudes
Pretty sure Mike Thompson and DRV would be selling attitudes if they could

Last edited:

LowRiver2

Reaction score
That's a deal breaker on any new RV. They all need warranty repair at some point.

With the eclipse what you do if you buy far away is get a good contact at the factory and get your service done at the factory most your stuff that’s going to be issues is going to be up under warranty new anyways so it works out
Best RV up in Northern California usually slams the other dealers in SoCal for any of the eclipse products or you can use them as a bargaining chip to get one at the same price from a SoCal dealer

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Obviously you just like to argue and that’s fine end of the day giant has a dead deal with the clips to be the only one in there is service area to sell attitudes
Not arguing. You have provided useful information and I believe I have as well.

You stated the Giant had an exclusive deal I proved otherwise. Either someone lied to you or you haven’t looked around. Maybe they do have an agreement of some kind neither you or I could give a shit right? Price and service is what matters to us correct?

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Not arguing. You have provided useful information and I believe I have as well.

You stated the Giant had an exclusive deal I proved otherwise. Either someone lied to you or you haven’t looked around. Maybe they do have an agreement of some kind neither you or I could give a shit right? Price and service is what matters to us correct?
There’s some sort of deal for sure at the end of the day I’m buying used and hopefully the kinks are worked out because the interest rate was lower than what anybody was offering new and I’m saving about 20,000 so it works for me

The biggest confusion with eclipse models is all the letters for models. I just know I wanted one without an island as I think it’s ridiculous when the slide in his closes, that you can’t open the refrigerator on most of the island models

CLdrinker

Reaction score
There’s some sort of deal for sure at the end of the day I’m buying used and hopefully the kinks are worked out because the interest rate was lower than what anybody was offering new and I’m saving about 20,000 so it works for me

The biggest confusion with eclipse models is all the letters for models. I just know I wanted one without an island as I think it’s ridiculous when the slide in his closes, that you can’t open the refrigerator on most of the island models
Also where do you put the chairs with the island and the slide closed? The hallway? If you stop to use the pisser the chairs are in the way? Lame.
I want used as well but finding a floor plan to make the wife happy is not easy.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Also where do you put the chairs with the island and the slide closed? The hallway? If you stop to use the pisser the chairs are in the way? Lame.
I want used as well but finding a floor plan to make the wife happy is not easy.

Striker/cougar makes a nice toy hauler however they don’t have three axles on their 30 foot. I’m a big fan of three axles for several reasons. There is a used 3222 in El Cajon however the roof appeared to be bubbling up and it only had one AC and there were permanent tire marks on the laminate floor in the kitchen already and it was only a 2018

Bpracing1127

Reaction score

mine go in the hallway when the rzr is in there. I cant access the bathroom, fridge and bedroom

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Striker/cougar makes a nice toy hauler however they don’t have three axles on their 30 foot. I’m a big fan of three axles for several reasons. There is a used 3222 in El Cajon however the roof appeared to be bubbling up and it only had one AC and there were permanent tire marks on the laminate floor in the kitchen already and it was only a 2018

I saw that. I believe it was a rear couch. Wife wants rear dinette and that is non negotiable lol

dirtyduner

Reaction score
Correct, i was out at both factories back in May, The lippert driver came to drop off frames at Genesis on Monday, I was at Eclipse on Wednesday and the same driver was dropping off frames at Eclipse.

We are a dealer for Attitude, Stellar, and Iconic (same trailers, different funky ass names) Eclipse really isnt pushing the Stellar line much anymore, i would say in the next 6 months it will be down to Iconic and Attitude. We are also a dealer for Genesis. There are some things where Eclipse murders Genesis, but a lot more things on these trailers that Genesis is the better product. Seeing these things everyday a few things I really like about the Eclipse is the flloring is thicker and actually bonded (really durable) The furniture is more comfortable, the lighting kicks ass, the countertops are bigger and more usable. Things I dislike about eclipse, their slides are deeper (makes it really difficult for wider SXS, but great when parked) On all the Widelite 5th wheels their is a step into the bedroom and back down into the bathroom, the battery they use on their 5th wheels is funky. It is really nice that they still produce the triple axle bumper pull 32IBG or 3016. That being said, I have pulled a 32IBG triple axle, and a 30CK double axle genesis and the Genesis pulled better because the weight was distributed better.

Great Trailers though!

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Correct, i was out at both factories back in May, The lippert driver came to drop off frames at Genesis on Monday, I was at Eclipse on Wednesday and the same driver was dropping off frames at Eclipse.

We are a dealer for Attitude, Stellar, and Iconic (same trailers, different funky ass names) Eclipse really isnt pushing the Stellar line much anymore, i would say in the next 6 months it will be down to Iconic and Attitude. We are also a dealer for Genesis. There are some things where Eclipse murders Genesis, but a lot more things on these trailers that Genesis is the better product. Seeing these things everyday a few things I really like about the Eclipse is the flloring is thicker and actually bonded (really durable) The furniture is more comfortable, the lighting kicks ass, the countertops are bigger and more usable. Things I dislike about eclipse, their slides are deeper (makes it really difficult for wider SXS, but great when parked) On all the Widelite 5th wheels their is a step into the bedroom and back down into the bathroom, the battery they use on their 5th wheels is funky. It is really nice that they still produce the triple axle bumper pull 32IBG or 3016. That being said, I have pulled a 32IBG triple axle, and a 30CK double axle genesis and the Genesis pulled better because the weight was distributed better.

Great Trailers though!
Why don’t Genesis make duel slide bumper pull trailers specifically the 27FS

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I have a Iconic 1913cb-le, it’s been a solid rig. Half-ton towable with front bath and bed. Downsizing the toys and will be putting it in the classifieds soon for around 14k, just cleared it out today.

*shameless lounge spam post*

LowRiver2

Reaction score

Great Trailers though!

Thanks for your post and insight.
While I am sure the dual axle was distributed better, I favor three axles for blow outs (6 points of road contact), and high winds, specifically like the ones around whitewater on the 10. I’ve towed two different brands of three axles in high wind conditions and never had sway. I’ve witnessed bumper pull two axles take 3/4 ton trucks along for a ride backwards, haven’t encountered a three axle bumper pull do that (yet), sans the variables which can cause any trailer to fail at some point.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I also noticed cougars (Stryker) seemed to have smaller capacities for grey and black than so cal built TH’s. One salesman brought up the fact they are built in Indiana and their customers use full hook up trailer parks more than boondocking like we do in the Southwest.
They were definitely more insulated than the Ca. Built trailers