WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Educate me please.. School teachers K-12.. $$$.... CALIFORNIA

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Typical Californian,
blame some one else for your lack of a spine

fuck you

man the fuck up, take responsibility, or be a sheep.

Every parent in every class of 3 rd graders, 5 th graders, or fill in the blank, knows the problem teachers.

Every district, every school, every teacher, knows where the problem lies...

But they are still there year after year..

Re read my post, about teachers union.

zero sympathy, until you clean you own house, fire 50%, then you have my attention, until then your just a whiny little bitch.

I spent 8 years on a tiny fast attack submarine defending this country, my opinions are harsh, but I lived or-died by them. My world was not forgiving.

Accept a higher standard, put the goal of success, higher than your pay scale. Or move on to the business sector and get your ass handed to you..

I know both worlds quite well.
Uh... What exactly do you think he can do in this situation? Your words are not Harsh, they are ignorant. He is not responsible for the fucked up teachers.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Uh... What exactly do you think he an do in this situation? Your words are not Harsh, they are ignorant. He is not responsible for the fucked up teachers.

Wrong. You are also responsible for every bad cop out there. Denounce your chosen career profession, and dissolve your own union, and walk away from your benefit and retirement package to remove all cops that don’t meet my standard of excellence If you want any respect from me, the taxpayer.

By the way I live in Compton and expect 0 crime and can’t afford or refuse to live in a better area with more effective policing. So if you can’t provide better policing so crime does not affect me you and everyone in your organization are pieces of shit.

Xring01

Reaction score
Typical Californian,
Every single year I have to tell parents their child will not graduate. When 18 testosterone/amphetimine fueled gangbangers go at it on the volleyball court, I don't recall looking any staff members looking around waiting for anyone else to break it up.My spine is quite strong thank you.
fuck you
Cursing people you don't know makes you sound weak. Plus it is no way to win an argument, as it is a "tell" that you are coming from a position of weakness.
man the fuck up, take responsibility, or be a sheep. My responsibility is to prepare MY students for adulthood. It is NOT to decide who is or is not a bad teacher.

Every parent in every class of 3 rd graders, 5 th graders, or fill in the blank, knows the problem teachers.

Every district, every school, every teacher, knows where the problem lies... This is a problem that needs to be attacked at an Administrative level, and a State level. They have the tools, the responsibility, and the right to ferret out the bad seeds.

Re read my post, about teachers union. Why would I do that? You have already destroyed you credibility and personally attacked me, a stranger; and you have shown that you don't value my profession and my peers at all.

zero sympathy, until you clean you own house, fire 50%, then you have my attention, until then your just a whiny little bitch. I didn't ask for sympathy, and I certainly am not whining here. I just explained how my job has required me to double my workload for no bump in pay, and that I do it because I want other peoples' kids to have the tools to be successful in life. If you truly think that 50% of teachers are worthless, I would submit that you are definitly in the wrong district. Not to mention that if you doubled all existing class sizes, learning would certainly be less successful. Children are not manageble in large groups, and it would hugely increase the number who slip through the cracks and don't get what they nee.

I spent 8 years on a tiny fast attack submarine defending this country, my opinions are harsh, but I lived or-died by them. My world was not forgiving. You think parents of failing students are forgiving? You think trying to teach kids things they don't want to learn, kids who are cold, hungry, and ill treated at home are forgiving? I had a student once hire her boyfriend to kill her own grandmother. I have had kids tell me that if they don't immediately take a govt. check to the store and buy groceries, the "adults" will use it to buy drugs. Yeah a classroom can be a battlefield too. Don't think that kids can't "die" by having their spirits crushed and leave childhood with no direction or hope at all.

Accept a higher standard, put the goal of success, higher than your pay scale. Or move on to the business sector and get your ass handed to you..

I know both worlds quite well. Clearly you don't know the real world well at all. School kids are YOUR future. Maybe you should volunteer to work in a local classroom? Maybe you should try substituting a few days for a fresh perspective. Then maybe you wouldn't come across as an angry little man who attacks strangers simply because of the profession they have chosen.
Both of my kids are in college. One is 2 semsters away for her Bach of Reg Nursing degree, who happens to have a 4.0 right now. The other is about half way thru his Mechanical Engineering degree. He has 3.5 gpa but calculus 201 is no joke.

My wife ran one of the Murrieta PTAs for 7 years, we where good friends with the head PHD of Riverside County School districts. I spent my free time coaching various sports program, but most of success was mentoring the Murrieta Robotics Team. we won the World championship once, and placed in the top 10 the other 3 years. In order to get to that level, you have to win a state championship... yes we won every year, my son was in the program.

So back to one of my poker buddys... he runs the Vex Robotics program... known him for many many years. Traveled across the US with him several times to various High School competitions, an all over Ca for 4 years. played poker many friday nights... yes he a Murrieta High School teacher.

hummmm...

quick question
when was the last time a teacher in your district was fired for lack of performance?
how many teachers have you seen fired over your entire career.

Because in Riverside county, it wasnt possible to fire a teacher 5 years ago or prior, it took years just to get them transferred to another school...

Again some of my close friends are teachers, until the Union figures out how to get rid of the many bad apples. Nothing will change. Who controls the teachers union.... the teachers... so clean house, and I will be your greatest advocate.

In my opinion 50% of teachers are worthless, and 50% are great. Gotta get rid of the bad apples, because one almost fucked my sons life up. One bitch, had him ready to quit school entirely... this would be a very long story, but I am not going into it.

As a parent, as a tax payer, as a voter, if teachers want my support then get rid of the lowest performance teachers, and replace them.. way to many screwing up kids live. Seen with my own eyes.

There is zero accountability for low performing teachers. Zero... just like good teachers can put kids on the right track. Well bad teachers fuck up kids lives.. almost destroyed my sons. She is still working the same grade and the same class, still worthless as ever.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Both of my kids are in college. One is 2 semsters away for her Bach of Reg Nursing degree, who happens to have a 4.0 right now. The other is about half way thru his Mechanical Engineering degree. He has 3.5 gpa but calculus 201 is no joke.

My wife ran one of the Murrieta PTAs for 7 years, we where good friends with the head PHD of Riverside County School districts. I spent my free time coaching various sports program, but most of success was mentoring the Murrieta Robotics Team. we won the World championship once, and placed in the top 10 the other 3 years. In order to get to that level, you have to win a state championship... yes we won every year, my son was in the program.

So back to one of my poker buddys... he runs the Vex Robotics program... known him for many many years. Traveled across the US with him several times to various competitions.. played poker many friday nights...

hummmm...

quick question
when was the last time a teacher in your district was fired for lack of performance?
how many teachers have you seen fired over your entire career.

Because in Riverside county, it wasnt possible to fire a teacher 5 years ago or prior, it took years just to get them transferred to another school...

Again some of my close friends are teachers, until the Union figures out how to get rid of the many bad apples. Nothing will change. Who controls the teachers union.... the teachers... so clean house, and I will be your greatest advocate.

In my opinion 50% of teachers are worthless, and 50% are great. Gotta get rid of the bad apples, because one almost fucked my sons life up. One bitch, had him ready to quit school entirely... this would be a very long story, but I am not going into it.

As a parent, as a tax payer, as a voter, if teachers want the support of, then get rid of the lowest performance teachers, and replace them.. way to many screwing up kids live. Seen with my own eyes.

I agree with your basic premise on performance based merit systems. We both know it is a union, and that will never happen in any union.

You lost me however at Murrieta, Riverside County, while digging out of a huge recession and expecting scholastic teaching excellence.

There is a reason people look at school systems and why it factors into the price of real estate.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
@XringI find it interesting that local public schools failed both of our own kids. My wife and I chose to work within the system and found a place where my kids would learn to thrive. Along with pre-Calc my kids raised food for local restaurants and chicken and goats for meat. Often they came home as muddy and tired as any ranch hand. They learned to plan and actually build a barn. It took a year to be allowed (outside of school hours they had to study middle English, Geography, and even medieval dance and culture) into the Chivalry class, and another year to become a Knight. Knights got to engage in battles where you could actually get bloodied. The school lived by a code of excellence and grit.
The Temecula Valley is a very wealthy, and yet young, area. They have all the advantages a community dreams of. People leave L.A. and other areas just to get into your schools and neighborhoods out there. Yet you couldnt find something that would work for your kids? I'm truly sorry for that.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Homeschooled our youngest from 7th grade until she went full time college. My experience says you teachers are underpaid and then some!
How so?

I have a 5th grader and a kindergarten plus one that is about to hit preschool.

My wife can do her job plus both teachers jobs, clean the house, pay the bills and have diner on the table every night.

Is it hard yes. But she is only getting paid for one of those jobs. There are 2 other teachers getting paid to basically nothing.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
BTW teachers are paid so poorly they can afford boats and have plenty of time to comment about how bad their job is on a social media platform.

PlumLoco

Reaction score
I paid $8000 cash for a boat made in 1976. That was over 15 years ago. I tow it now with a truck that was paid for the day I bought it in 2007, which was 197,000 miles ago.
We haven't had a cable bill or even a TV in nearly 20 years. My wife doesnt spend money on nails or Starbucks. She drives a 17 yr old Highlander and won't give up her ride until it dies. We live in a house that was built in the 1800s and was nearly unlivable when we bought it from HUD. There isnt a lot of extra money floating around this place.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
At home we were we having a friendly debate about sending kids back to school this year and a debate started about teachers not making enough and the dangers for teachers in returning to in class teaching. So for those of you who have spouses who are teachers are teachers yourselves or know someone personally... Do California teachers really have that low of a salary? do they really work super long hours? Are Educators much different than the workforce working 10-12 hours a day (salary) and on call once work is done? Do they really make that little and I would classify little under $50k a year to start? Is in class teaching any more dangerous than a walmart employee working on the floor or a carpenter working on a job? I just cant wrap my head around this cause I just think of teachers working from 7 am- 330 pm with grading some papers at home while watching TV and have summers off.....Elighten me please...

Every district is different...

Teachers salaries are public info. Look into your district and see.

Here in Glendora, they make Stupid money, and they never stop begging for more. They are mostly over 100k a year.

My good friend retired from being a continuation HS teacher. He had his masters. Got paid over a 100k a year to teach in a tank top and shorts and talk shit to the kids in PE. Let's just say he ain't hurting. Super long hours?? Yeah, no. lol

Every district is different. That's what you NEED to know.

Bear Down

Reaction score
I guess my point to starting this thread is the value of teaching. I agree that teachers do influence our youth and guide them and motivate them, which there is a great value.. but over my lifetime I havent meet that many people that credit their success to soley 1 or 2 teachers.. mostly influence by parents/family or mentor. This isn't saying they aren't of great value.. they are.. but all ive ever heard is that teachers are under paid... aren't we all under paid? Seeing that scale from Fullerton USD shows a teacher with a masters can earn a good wage under 30s years old.. yeah there's school debt.. we all have debt. But with this whole distance learned deal, im just not seeing the intensity of the profession as I would expect by hearing that the profession is so under paid (In California). Now I have seen what teachers make in other states.. thats really a disservice to those who educate our children.. but looking at a teacher with 20 years in, making $85k plus working 9 months a year doesn't seem like a bad job especially with weekends off and a good schedule.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Yup, not all pensions are the same. I've paid between 10 and 8.4 into pension out of every check from day one.
11% for 28 years and I get 0 from my social security contributions from working off duty jobs over the years.
I still get social security letters saying I’ll get $650 a month after age 65
Nope, someone else enjoys my contributions.
The way it is in Ca.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
11% for 28 years and I get 0 from my social security contributions from working off duty jobs over the years.
I still get social security letters saying I’ll get $650 a month after age 65
Nope, someone else enjoys my contributions.
The way it is in Ca.

Somejuan else enjoying your contribution you say? :)

I get that you pay in, but you do also have the luxury of a guaranteed return for the remainder of your life (or whatever the term is). That is assuming of course that whole house of cards does not collapse.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Every district is different...

Teachers salaries are public info. Look into your district and see.

Here in Glendora, they make Stupid money,
Somejuan else enjoying your contribution you say? :)

I get that you pay in, but you do also have the luxury of a guaranteed return for the remainder of your life (or whatever the term is). That is assuming of course that whole house of cards does not collapse.
Mine is 100% LA city funded
I laugh when a non LA resident says they pay my salary

Nope, only LA residents
They are taking about taxing retirees that move out of state.
That will be a good State Supreme Court case.
90% at 33 1/3 years service for LAPD

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Nope, only LA residents

Good for you. Yea that is stupid, I can’t see that one flying.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Good for you. Yea that is stupid, I can’t see that one flying.
Other thing people outside of pensions don’t consider is divorce.
Ex spouses get a cut based on years of marriage

Mine gets 12% of mine a year till I day.
Nice side fact of marrying a pensioner

Joker

Reaction score
Our neighbor is a teacher and she's dumb as fuck. She really should be at a desk while her students are writing on the chalkboard.

Dettom

Reaction score
Wife has 30 years on. Two BA degrees, 2 MA’s. Works as a speech pathologist for a very large district in California, although we live in AZ. Though she makes very good money, this whole Covid deal has her burned out and in tears much of the time. You can’t really do speech therapy with face time on a lap top. She’s noticed the kids are regressing and getting fatter. She doesn’t know any teachers who don’t want to go back to the classroom, regardless of what that skank in New York, vacationing in the islands says. It’s become purely political and the kids will pay the price.

Dettom

Reaction score

Nope, only LA residents
They already tried that once. I believed they changed the state constitution so they can’t pull that again.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Other thing people outside of pensions don’t consider is divorce.
Ex spouses get a cut based on years of marriage

Mine gets 12% of mine a year till I day.
Nice side fact of marrying a pensioner

Is that like automatic, or part of the divorce?

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Is that like automatic, or part of the divorce?
Automatic
Only way around it is if non pensioner spouse agrees to a payoff
Deferred comp (457k) is automatic and based on contributions made during span of marriage
“Fun math”🤣

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
They already tried that once. I believed they changed the state constitution so they can’t pull that again.
hahahahahahahaha.... You think they care what the state constitution says? I'm sure it will be one of the upcoming pushes by the BLM in an attempt to break down the system.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
COVID is here to stay....do you live in fear? People that live in fear are most afraid of COVID. There are concerns, but we can only hide from the world for so long.

Amazingly enough, the amount of deaths in 2020 are down compared to 2019. The number of Influenza deaths (ususally just below 200,000/yr.) are almost non-existent.

I'm 45 and my life has been a blink of the eye. My biggest concern is providing for my family and creating a strain of passive income so they can support themselves when I am gone. Cancer kills everyday and in numbers that far higher than COVID. I am most concerned with cancer and not a flu that has about a .05 death rate. You think they could cure cancer with 3 trillion? You think they want to? Do you think that the powers that be care? China created this issue, Trump wants to close the door, but the liberals want to send billions and continue to spend trillions with them. Sorry for the rant...

Cobalt232

Reaction score
My daughter is just starting her second semester of student teaching in San Francisco while she finishes her master's. Most of the inner-city second-grade kids she is teaching in her class are in various "learning hubs" as otherwise, they would be home alone. Once at the "learning hubs," all the kids open up their laptops so the remote teacher can try to teach them something. One day, I watched her try to do an art project online...Good luck with that.

How stupid is it that the kids can go to the "learning hubs" to have adults watch them, but not to school to have adults teach them?

She will probably be offered a job by San Francisco Unified, but will probably pass on it and come back to Orange County. I'm thinking there will be plenty of teaching vacancies next year.

Here is a "learning hub". Just like a school, but with no teachers.

CommunityLearningHubs+(1).jpg

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
@XringI find it interesting that local public schools failed both of our own kids. My wife and I chose to work within the system and found a place where my kids would learn to thrive. Along with pre-Calc my kids raised food for local restaurants and chicken and goats for meat. Often they came home as muddy and tired as any ranch hand. They learned to plan and actually build a barn. It took a year to be allowed (outside of school hours they had to study middle English, Geography, and even medieval dance and culture) into the Chivalry class, and another year to become a Knight. Knights got to engage in battles where you could actually get bloodied. The school lived by a code of excellence and grit.
The Temecula Valley is a very wealthy, and yet young, area. They have all the advantages a community dreams of. People leave L.A. and other areas just to get into your schools and neighborhoods out there. Yet you couldnt find something that would work for your kids? I'm truly sorry for that.

This sounds bad ass what was the school?

PlumLoco

Reaction score
This sounds bad ass what was the school?
It depends on the grade. MIR (Montresori in Redlands) is K-6 I think. Tuition there is more than UCLA by quite a bit. $30k or more I think. They are the feeder school for The Farm (7-9) and The Grove 10-12. Those two are chartered under the Redlands Unified SD and therefore are no cost. The Farm is an actual abandoned dairy farm, very rough facilities and no AC. No CIF sports, no CAD programs or auto shop although limited woodworking and welding were. They do some very cool week long field trips which included the Catalina Science camp and rock climbing/repelling in Joshua Tree.
My older son has a brilliant mind and loves learning, but was completely unorganized and had no focus outside of reading. Every year he was failing because he never turned in work. He would always do it, but it would stay in a backpack, or desk, or anywhere but where it was supposed to be. Every teacher would be advised beforehand that this is a known problem. Every year they wouldn't call home until he was failing. So we did a semester of home schooling, while we looked for a better alternative. Soon we found that all the doctors and college professors were sending their kids to MIR/Farm/Grove.
First week at the Farm, the teacher paired him up with a very detail oriented girl. Called her Brian's Executive Assistant. He did the work, slid it over to her, she checks for name,date, etc. and BOOM zero missing assignments, 4.0+ gpa, 3 sem. of JC done, and life is good.
His younger brother is completely different and can function easily in a rigid environment. Tell him the rules and let him go. He wanted out because he wanted to pursue a real Speech&Debate team, and auto shop. He maintains a 4.0 while on the Xbox and watching movies. Covid screwed him on Auto and Speech but he liked being on the regular campus with more options socially and academically.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
At home we were we having a friendly debate about sending kids back to school this year and a debate started about teachers not making enough and the dangers for teachers in returning to in class teaching. So for those of you who have spouses who are teachers are teachers yourselves or know someone personally... Do California teachers really have that low of a salary? do they really work super long hours? Are Educators much different than the workforce working 10-12 hours a day (salary) and on call once work is done? Do they really make that little and I would classify little under $50k a year to start? Is in class teaching any more dangerous than a walmart employee working on the floor or a carpenter working on a job? I just cant wrap my head around this cause I just think of teachers working from 7 am- 330 pm with grading some papers at home while watching TV and have summers off.....Elighten me please...

My .02. We paid our teachers shit for generations.. and now we wonder why they are instilling leftist socialist ideas into our kids..

Had they paid them correct maybe the teachers wouldn’t be so quick to teach that bullshit

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Typical Californian,

fuck you

man the fuck up, take responsibility, or be a sheep.

Every district, every school, every teacher, knows where the problem lies...

Re read my post, about teachers union.

zero sympathy, until you clean you own house, fire 50%, then you have my attention, until then your just a whiny little bitch.

I spent 8 years on a tiny fast attack submarine defending this country, my opinions are harsh, but I lived or-died by them. My world was not forgiving.

I know both worlds quite well.

Is there some reason that you are talking to people in this manner?

If you are a mechanic and someone down the street is a shitty mechanic.. how do you go about correcting the industry?

what’s up with all the fu’s etc?

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score

Xring01

Reaction score
Is there some reason that you are talking to people in this manner?

If you are a mechanic and someone down the street is a shitty mechanic.. how do you go about correcting the industry?

what’s up with all the fu’s etc?
I was wrong to be that aggressive. For that I am sorry.
But show me a profession, with more excuses and lack of accountability?

I asked one simple question a few days ago.
How many teachers in your career have been fired over performance review?

No answer... so that tells me alot.

As I have stated, several times some of my friends are teachers, they are frustrated, because the teachers union protects the shitty teachers... but when they do they best to get teachers fired it always bites them in the ass.

Why, because the majority of the teachers who make up the teachers union, want these rules to stay the same.

As a parent of two, who spent alot of my free time coaching various sports, baseball, soccor, flag football, robotic, I spent many of hour talking to many of parents about the flaws of teachers, and how many of them are still employeed after years of shitty performance.

I dont think its possible to fire a teacher in Riverside County Ca over lack of performance, or high failure rates, or fill in any blank. The only teacher I saw fired was literally having sex with several 14-16 year old boys, while her 13 and 15 year old boys where going to the same school. Other than that, zero accountability, to students, to the parents, or the districts.

Frankly it’s unacceptable to me. Fortunately for me, my kids are in college now. But my future grand kids, could be exposed to this mess if its not fixed.

If I had to do it all over again, I would home school.
One bad teacher can ruin a kids life, please ask me how I know....she is still working at the same job, at the same school, and still worthless as ever...

I can keep going, but I got my point across..

wash11

Reaction score
How so?

I have a 5th grader and a kindergarten plus one that is about to hit preschool.

My wife can do her job plus both teachers jobs, clean the house, pay the bills and have diner on the table every night.

Is it hard yes. But she is only getting paid for one of those jobs. There are 2 other teachers getting paid to basically nothing.

Apologies, I should have added "good" teachers are underpaid in my eyes.

Ours isn't an unfamiliar story. Wicked smart and loves to be challenged, unfortunately we couldn't find what she needed to thrive in public school (two teachers and one administrator both admitted they don't have the time or resources to do anything other than what they were already doing, these aren't the "good" faculty that deserve a pay raise btw).

As a family we decided that homeschooling was the best option for her and made a plan. Amy and I easily gave up $100,000 in earning potential that first year as we had to live and breathe this new homeschooling life. Over the next 18 months I spent plenty of time with teachers from the district that were doing side tutoring, having real conversations and getting a better understanding of both sides of the coin.

This was the time that Common Core was being introduced and from my understanding, these teachers were overwhelmed with the changes and the turmoil it was causing at the admin level. I don't know the details and no longer cared once we found our groove.

Fast forward 18 months- she tested in to the local community college as a full time student at 15, Deans List, Associates degree by 17, transferred to NAU as a junior at 17, Biology degree at 19.

A challenging adventure for sure but if I could do it over I'd still prefer that we had some great teachers getting paid accordingly that would have helped a bright student find the challenges needed.

farmo83

Reaction score
First and foremost I could never be a teacher( I also live in Texas, not California), I don't have the patience for it. My sister teaches special needs kids, she's been bit, kicked, literally had $hit thrown at her. I have a great deal of respect for those who teach. Some of the nuances that go along with teaching, not so much.

I don't think teachers are underpaid at all. If you annualize working out 180 days a year, retirement benefits, it's better then many other private sector jobs. Several of my friends are principals and district administrators and they make awesome money.

As to the working extra hours and such, this is called life. I work for an oil company on salary and I've worked until midnight and past many time on presentations, analysis, etc. Teaching is not the only profession where you have to work more then 8 hours a day. I'm not sympathetic on this at all.

A new thing in my area is for teachers to do gofundme for setting up their rooms at the beginning of the year. I can't get my head around this. I wouldn't ask my teacher friends to donate to me setting up my cube every year so why do you want me to finance setting up yours?

I mean no disrespect to the teachers on this board, I admire your work and respect it.

Bear Down

Reaction score
^^^^^^^ This is my exactly my thinking... There are many expenses that I incur that are not write offs that are for the benefit of business.. I would assume teachers do the same for the children to excel and have teaching success, most re-invest into their careers at some point. I am salary as well.. some days straight 8 some days... 14-16 just part of life and part of having some success I suppose. Kids can be a PIA and horrible... So can co-workers and operational issues that causes so much stress..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I was wrong to be that aggressive. For that I am sorry.
But show me a profession, with more excuses and lack of accountability?

I asked one simple question a few days ago.
How many teachers in your career have been fired over performance review?

No answer... so that tells me alot.

As I have stated, several times some of my friends are teachers, they are frustrated, because the teachers union protects the shitty teachers... but when they do they best to get teachers fired it always bites them in the ass.

Why, because the majority of the teachers who make up the teachers union, want these rules to stay the same.

As a parent of two, who spent alot of my free time coaching various sports, baseball, soccor, flag football, robotic, I spent many of hour talking to many of parents about the flaws of teachers, and how many of them are still employeed after years of shitty performance.

I dont think its possible to fire a teacher in Riverside County Ca over lack of performance, or high failure rates, or fill in any blank. The only teacher I saw fired was literally having sex with several 14-16 year old boys, while her 13 and 15 year old boys where going to the same school. Other than that, zero accountability, to students, to the parents, or the districts.

Frankly it’s unacceptable to me. Fortunately for me, my kids are in college now. But my future grand kids, could be exposed to this mess if its not fixed.

If I had to do it all over again, I would home school.
One bad teacher can ruin a kids life, please ask me how I know....she is still working at the same job, at the same school, and still worthless as ever...

I can keep going, but I got my point across..

You mentioned you had friends / poker buddies that are teachers. I just can’t help but wonder if you are saying these same things to them?

before you say you are, I seriously doubt you are saying in person “Fuck you for not getting other teachers fired” while sitting on pocket tens.. if you talked to someone In person the way ya talked on here they wouldn’t be your biddy, playing poker, or more like an another scenario plays out.

As for another profession.. well that’s easy man. POLITICS

Xring01

Reaction score
You mentioned you had friends / poker buddies that are teachers. I just can’t help but wonder if you are saying these same things to them?

before you say you are, I seriously doubt you are saying in person “Fuck you for not getting other teachers fired” while sitting on pocket tens.. if you talked to someone In person the way ya talked on here they wouldn’t be your biddy, playing poker, or more like an another scenario plays out.

They have tried, and failed, because the Majority of Teachers are happy with the way things are. Because they cant be fired. Thats they way they want it.

Yes, I am former military, yes, I tell them to fuck off 24/7... just kind of how we talk to one another...and pretty much how I talk to most people. But thats doesnt translate to Internet very well, and yes I was overly aggressive, and yes I did apologize.

As others have mentioned, Temecula / Murrieta is supposed to have a good school districts.
My ??? to them, are you sure the teachers are 100% responsible for that outcome? Or Because of the area, the parents have alot to do with it.

Again, my wife was 7 years or more in the PTA, I can attest, that the parents are highly involved in our school districts, and about 50% of the teachers are worthless... When my kids where going thru grade school years.. I would venture to say that about 60% of the "moms" we knew where all stay at home moms. Murrieta has a great community to raise kids. But overall CA is dragging it down.... down... down... down.... majority of the people I know are out of Ca, within 1 Month of being retired.

Still, no has heard of one teacher being fired over a performance review... NOT ONE YET...

As a tax payer, as a voter, all I want, is to remove the lower performing teachers, regardless of age, gender, LGBT or anything... If they are not motivating the kids, and doing a good job, then make room for those that want to.